Sign in to follow this  
m4st3rt3ch

Trans-Vader protoypes in 6 different colours

10 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

So... does that mean completely transparent minifigures are finally possible with the new plastic they've introduced?

I don't know. Neither the article on brickfanatics, nor the auction say how old they are and which plastic was used. https://www.brickfanatics.com/rare-lego-star-wars-prototype-darth-vader-minifigures-up-for-auction/

But i had the same thought: FORCE GHOSTS!

And the momentary bid is €590, with more than 5 days left. I knew the estimated maximum of €540 was way too low.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

Clicked link - went wow, saw the price, panicked, and closed tab before I accidentally clicked anything!

I wonder if Lego is gearing up to give us Force Ghosts in the next couple of years. If you look back at past minfigures, we've had Chima figures with trans-blue legs, JEK-14 had a trans-blue arm, and trans heads have been around for years. Lego have also recently changed the plastic used for trans-clear, it's now an ABS type I think? So maybe this is something that could be used for mini figure torsos and hips, thus giving us a complete figure? 

I have the trans light blue “force ghost” Vader complete with hard cape and lightsaber (both also TLB).

Can’t say where but not officially LEGO although similar high quality and way above clone POS parts.