Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Legofania said:

Well, cauldron, wand, broom, potions, book and etc would be nice too

Just as much stuff as possible in one single useless shelf-warming set, so we can be done with this brickbuilt object nonsense and return to actual proper sets next year :grin: 

Well the D2C will be interesting... Don't think it's the popular choice though, I feel there's a lot of other more favourable things they could of done. 

Brickheadz will be cool to see as I love Brickheadz 

9 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Well the D2C will be interesting...

So it really is various objects, or you mean like "if it is, it would be interesting"?

So it really is various objects, or you mean like "if it is, it would be interesting"?

It should be the buildable objects. But I feel its an interesting choice to do really as I think there is so much more people would choose over this to have made as a D2C set. Just my thoughts I know some people will love it too so I'm sure it will sell alright 

Yeah, I'm already interested in this. I have so much ideas about this set. Starting from school supplies to Hogwarts founders items

Edited by Legofania

It doesn't sound like a day 1 purchase to me, but as I loved the Hedwig they did and the MBoM was OK, I save my opinion for when we see photos of it. 

Edited by mark1991t

Just wanted to clarify: The information about the BrickHeadz is not from us. We linked to an article from Dylan Chow/Bricksjoy who reported about these. The article shouldn't contain any new substantial information that wasn't already discussed somewhere else. So please take everything (apart from the things that are already "known") with a huge grain of salt.

Edited by StoneWarsDE

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Brickheadz will be cool to see as I love Brickheadz 

The Voldy, Nagini, & Bellatrix one does sound interesting, but the other rumoured one is just baffling. We’ve never had a pack of four and why Hagrid of all people who just got a Brickhead last year? :wacko:

And I hope that stupid D2C at least includes an interesting minifig or two, that’s the only thing that could save it in my eyes :tongue:

53 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

[...] so I'm sure it will sell alright 

I hope not. That would only encourage them to do more of this useless nonsense

Edited by Lego-Freak

Part of me is hoping that this brick built objects thing is true. I was terrified at the start of the year how expensive LEGO Harry Potter was going to be this year, but as someone who only really collects minifigure scale sets, it's actually settling back to not much different from other years now. Part of me is grieving my Gringotts dream set. But definitely nice the idea of being able to forego something without feeling like i've missed out. I will be very interested to see the general consensus on it if it turns out to be true.

34 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Just wanted to clarify: The information about the BrickHeadz is not from us. We linked to an article from Dylan Chow/Bricksjoy who reported about these. The article shouldn't contain any new substantial information that wasn't already discussed somewhere else. So please take everything (apart from the things that are already "known") with a huge grain of salt.

Well @Brick Clicker already confirmed that D2C info should be true

4 minutes ago, Legofania said:

I said it should be the objects set. Like StoneWars said take everything with a pinch of salt until offical confirmation from lego :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Legofania said:

My condolences to the people who still thought it would be a playset :laugh_hard: 

I sincerely hope they return to form next year, but I’m afraid those weird experimental sets are here to stay. The designers proably took the wrong lesson from last year’s Hedwig set... I mean one or two such sets per year is ok, but they’ve gone way overboard here.

Sure, other themes have plenty of brick-built sculptures too, but the SW and Marvel themes have at least enough regular sets to make up for that. For HP, every individual set matters a lot more so every spot wasted on a brick-built monstrosity is one too many :hmpf_bad:

Between this, the useless winter wave of Star Wars and the mediocre Marvel output thus far, 2021 is shaping up to be one of my least favourite LEGO years in recent memory. The only highlights for me thus far are some of the HP minifigs, Hogsmeade, the upcoming Infinity Saga sets, the Minecraft sets, the Winnie the Pooh Ideas set and the Looney Tunes CMF series. The rest is mediocrity incarnate :head_back:

Okay so what did I miss? I guess D2C set is brickbuild trash right? So it is safe to say that august wave is already the worst wave in this theme and Chess set will not save it for me. Dammmn what are they smoking in Lego HP team to waste D2C set for some buildable objects nobody cares about. My disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined...

Edited by Textorix

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Between this, the useless winter wave of Star Wars and the mediocre Marvel output thus far, 2021 is shaping up to be one of my least favourite LEGO years in recent memory. The only highlights for me thus far are some of the HP minifigs, Hogsmeade, the upcoming Infinity Saga sets, the Minecraft sets, the Winnie the Pooh Ideas set and the Looney Tunes CMF series. The rest is mediocrity incarnate :head_back:

That's the one good things about this, is it seems like the year that Marvel has upped their game (Referring to Infinity Saga and supposed D2C), Harry Potter has dropped the ball. At this leaves money to go towards Marvel sets this year. Haven't bought any comic sets for a while because they've had a rubbish few years.

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Okay so what did I miss? I guess D2C set is brickbuild trash right? So it is safe to say that august wave is already the worst wave in this theme and Chess set will not save it for me. Dammmn what are they smoking in Lego HP team to waste D2C set for some buildable objects nobody cares about. My disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined...

*pats on the back* I feel your pain. Not nice to hear about a theme that HAD been doing so well.

Also just notice you are from Slovakia and decided to look up exactly where it is. Quickly realised that I know nothing about east European geography!

Edited by chris6507

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Dammmn what are they smoking in Lego HP team to waste D2C set for some buildable objects nobody cares about.

Some people will care about it :shrug_oh_well: I’m sure they’re well designed and all, but it’s simply not what most of us fans are here for. I can’t fault them for trying to attract new customers, but it shouldn’t be at the cost of regular sets

To recap it all: 

January
76382 - $29.99 - 241 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Transfiguration Class - McGonagall, Ron, Hermione
76383 - $29.99 - 271 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Potions Class - Snape, Draco, Seamus
76384 - $29.99 - 233 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Herbology Class - Sprout, Neville, Cedric
76385 - $29.99 - 256 pieces - Hogwarts Moment: Charms Class - Flitwick, Harry, Cho

June
76386 - $19.99 - 217 pieces - Polyjuice Bathroom - Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe, Hermione (cat), Gold Harry
76387 - $39.99 - 397 pieces - Fluffy - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Hermione
76388 - $79.99 - 851 pieces - Hogsmeade (Honeydukes and the Three Broomsticks) - Harry, Dean, McGonagall, Madam Rosmerta, Mr Flume, Mrs Flume, Gold Ron
76389 - $129.99 - 1176 pieces - Hogwarts (Great Hall remake and Chamber of Secrets with Basilisk) - Harry, Ginny, Dumbledore, Nearly Headless Nick, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Sinestra, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, Gold Voldemort

August
30392 - polybag - no known figures

September
76390 - $39.99 - 274 pieces - Advent Calendar - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dudley, Griphook

Unknown release
76391 - $249.99 - buildable objects - no known figures
76392 - $59.99 - 876 pieces - Hogwarts Chess set - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Quirrel
76393 - $119.99 - 1673 pieces - brickbuilt Harry and Hermione - no known figures
76394 - $39.99 - 597 pieces - Fawkes - no known figures
76395 - $29.99 - 264 pieces - related to the 1st Flying Lesson - Hooch, possibly more figures
40495 - GWP Brickheadz - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid
40496 - GWP Brickheadz - Voldemort, Nagini, Bellatrix
40500 - $14.99 - accessory pack - no known figures

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

Out of curiosity who is actually considering getting the $250 set now we know what it will be based around?

I’m a completionist (sort of), so I’ll get it no matter what, albeit begrudgingly. I do realise I’m part of the problem :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

September

76390 - $39.99 - 274 pieces - Advent Calendar - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dudley, Griphook

Unknown release
76391 - $249.99 - buildable objects - no known figures
76392 - $59.99 - 876 pieces - Hogwarts Chess set - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Gold Quirrel
76393 - $119.99 - 1673 pieces - brickbuilt Harry and Hermione - no known figures
76394 - $39.99 - 597 pieces - Fawkes - no known figures
76395 - $29.99 - 264 pieces - related to the 1st Flying Lesson - Hooch, possibly more figures
40495 - GWP Brickheadz - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid
40496 - GWP Brickheadz - Voldemort, Nagini, Bellatrix
40500 - $14.99 - accessory pack - no known figures

What happened to the Polybag?

9 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

*pats on the back* I feel your pain. Not nice to hear about a theme that HAD been doing so well.

Also just notice you are from Slovakia and decided to look up exactly where it is. Quickly realise that I know nothing about east European geography!

Its okay, we are used to people mistaking us for Slovenia or Czech Republic :D

Yeah its kinda painful for me because I have been used to very good sets from this theme so far.

Edited by Textorix

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’m a completionist (sort of), so I’ll get it no matter what, albeit begrudgingly. I do realise I’m part of the problem :tongue:

Ouch... Feeling a little sorry for you. I thought I was going to be a completionist, but then came the microscale Hogwarts, Brickheads and Hedwig. Now i've accepted i'm not going to be completing Harry Potter which now makes it easier and easier to say no to things. My biggest regret is getting the moments sets. Other than McGonagall I really don't like them at all.

@Textorix You'll be relieved to know I didn't mistake Slovakia for either of those places, but I equally don't know where either of them are! :laugh: Used to think I was good at Geography, but i'm only good at places i've been! :iamded_lol:

Edited by chris6507

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

My condolences to the people who still thought it would be a playse:laugh_hard:

Well, at least it's something really interesting, like Horcruxes! 

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

What happened to the Polybag?

it should be released in August. I think Guyon just forgot about it

Well, at least it's something really interesting, like Horcruxes! 

I wouldn't count on Horcruxes.