Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

curious to see if the flying lesson connects to the new or old hogwarts. It looks closer to the old one, but it would make more sense to go with the new one. It looks great tho!

My new ranking:

1. Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets
2. Polyjuice Potion Mistake
3. First Flying Lesson
4. Forbidden Corridor Fluffy Encounter
5. Wizard Chess
6. Hogsmeade Village

7. Fawkes

8  Buildable Harry and Hermione :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don‘t forget that statue :laugh:

Yeah, that too :head_back:

I can't believe a set like this has 4 exclusive minfigures, lovely.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How is that even slightly similar to a minifigure pack? It's a normal set.

It has a 30€ sized build, and 4 exclusive minfigures.

Because the build is essentially just a wall at the end of the day. I think for a lot of people the value will be in the figures. I'm not talking about pricepoint.

1 minute ago, Surge said:

curious to see if the flying lesson connects to the new or old hogwarts. It looks closer to the old one, but it would make more sense to go with the new one. It looks great tho!

I don't think it connects to the new ones. It doesn't have that cubish structure to it.

I think it's meant as more of a standalone set for people taht don't like the new style.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Because the build is essentially just a wall at the end of the day. I think for a lot of people the value will be in the figures. I'm not talking about pricepoint.

Dude, the build is eight studs deep. It's a full castle section.

If we're ranking sets, allow me to join in:

1.  Chamber of Secrets (My new favourite set ever!)
  2. Polyjuice Mistake
  3. Flying Lesson
  4. Hogsmeade
  5. Fluffy Encounter
  6. Chess
  7. Maxifigures
  8. Fawkes
Edited by Koralunderthesea

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I mean if you think about it like that most Higwarts expansions are just walls.

Just wait until you see the interior, as we've said the same thing about the Fluffy set - just a wall. It turns out it has a rather spacey interior after all.

But for example the Room of Requirements was also just a wall, and it was a great set.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think it connects to the new ones. It doesn't have that cubish structure to it.

I think it's meant as more of a standalone set for people taht don't like the new style.

It has connection points to the side seeing the image.
Think you can connect it,  don't know if its logical.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If you look, the two sides of the building are on separate 8x8 plates, and the roofs can detach. It looks like those parts can definitely integrate in with the new castle, but the center might not.

Also nice to see one of the lantern builds from DA, with the black arrowhead.

Just now, Micmac said:

Do the figures from the chess set come in another set? 

Just that set and bricklink it seems! :iamded_lol:

Pleasantly surprised how well many of these sets turned out! Wish we never got the preliminaries at this point and just basic info of what the sets were. I definitely plan on getting almost all of them. My rankings so far and so surprised how much I now dislike the chess set. Won't get the Maxifigures but like the concept and the possibilities in the future for these. 

1. Hogsmeade Village
  2. First Flying Lesson
  3. Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets
  4. Polyjuice Potion Mistake
  5. Forbidden Corridor Fluffy Encounter
  6. Fawkes
  7. Wizards Chess
  8. HP and Hermione Maxifigures

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They certainly are different from what we were expecting 

Very different from what we were expecting.

And when I first heard about them I was a bit disappointed, but I think that anniversary sets (standard one) are still good set, probably not 10/10 rating set, but with good quality, good details and good minifigs.

Of course, then we have Chess, Maxifigs, Fawkes, Icons... and I won't buy any of them, but still a good year for me.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean if you think about it like that most Higwarts expansions are just walls.

Just wait until you see the interior, as we've said the same thing about the Fluffy set - just a wall. It turns out it has a rather spacey interior after all.

But for example the Room of Requirements was also just a wall, and it was a great set.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Dude, the build is eight studs deep. It's a full castle section.

I said I don't know what's inside the build, but I doubt there's much. Even so, I'm happy with the set. I was just saying that the value in sets like this is more the figures because thebuilds aren't that exciting, but that at the end of the day I'm just glad it's not another brickbuilt set.

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

To get back to the chess set for a bit there's just so many things wrong with it that I'm really wondering what the designer for this set was smoking. 

- Squares aren't square as they use 2 2x3's (I counted the studs)
- No studs on the squares to hold the chess pieces
- Chess pieces look like they'll fall over instantly
- Chess pieces are not to scale with the source material
- Chess pieces do not resemble the source material
- Ron doesn't seem to be able to ride the horse piece

So much wasted potential. 

The chessboard is a square, but it looks really weird, because of the perspective. First I thought the same

Hmm now I'm skeptical that the Fawkes set actually includes Dumbledore. None of the leaks show that part of the box (I feel like they would if it was there), and if you look at the background behind the minifigure of Fawkes on the box art, comparing it to other sets, it looks like there isn't supposed to be a figure on the box to the left of it.

Edited by YetiZombie

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m glad so many people like these sets. They certainly are different from what we were expecting 

Yeah playsets are awesome and brickbuilt ones are easy pass thx to no almost minifigures

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Hmm now I'm skeptical that the Fawkes set actually includes Dumbledore. None of the leaks show that part of the box (I feel like they would if it was there), and if you look at the background behind the minifigure of Fawkes on the box art, comparing it to other sets, it looks like there isn't supposed to be a figure on the box to the left of it.

Fawkes is not anniversary set so luckily no minifigure 

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Fawkes is not anniversary set so luckily no minifigure 

Yeah it's definitely not an anniversary set, but people are saying there will be a regular Dumbledore with it. That's what I'm not sure about.

6 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

1. Hogsmeade Village
  2. First Flying Lesson
  3. Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets
  4. Polyjuice Potion Mistake
  5. Forbidden Corridor Fluffy Encounter
  6. Fawkes
  7. Wizards Chess
  8. HP and Hermione Maxifigures

Damn man I have exactly same ranking for new sets

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Yeah it's definitely not an anniversary set, but people are saying there will be a regular Dumbledore with it. That's what I'm not sure about.

FF confirmed it. It includes just Dumbledore.