Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m just going to toss in my two cents on the Spinosaurus debate.

For all the reasons that @Guyon2002 mentioned, I agree that there is no chance that the Spino from JPIII will be returning.

However, I don’t think that means we won’t get a Spino in JW Dominion... It is one of the most popular and elusive dinosaurs in paleontology and, in just the last few years, scientists have completely revised their theories on the physicality and the behavior of the Spino.

Wouldn’t it be smart for the JW Dominion producers to build off that Spino momentum (all the recent TV specials, Nat Geo articles, etc) and give us the most badass representation of this leviathan ever seen?

They could make it a BioSyn creation and have it feature all the new anatomically correct features that we now know the Spinosaurus to have (e.g. the massive tadpole tail).

@Guyon2002 has your friend Lucca done a mock-up of a scientifically accurate LEGO Spinosaurus? I would pay money just to see his design of that. Spino is hands down my favorite dino of all time.

Personally I love the spino, but I would not want to see them do an anatomically correct one. I much prefer the one in the movies to the real thing, and while I think we have the highest likelyhood of seeing correct looking dinos we have ever had, this series has tended to lean away from updating designs to match new scientific discoveries.

30 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

Personally I love the spino, but I would not want to see them do an anatomically correct one. I much prefer the one in the movies to the real thing, and while I think we have the highest likelyhood of seeing correct looking dinos we have ever had, this series has tended to lean away from updating designs to match new scientific discoveries.

Quite true but scientists/paleontologist’s criticized against the films on scientific inacuary. For example, Velociraptor is supposed to be smaller than the movie version and more feathered. Or Tyrannosaurs rex may have feathered. Meanwhile, Lego version of Carnotaurus is way larger than T-rex, meanwhile in paleontological field, Carnotaurus should be little smaller than T-rex. 

So - Spinosaurus is not just alone. Of course I would love to see the Jurassic Park-sequel Spinosaurus coming in Lego world one day. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

7 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m just going to toss in my two cents on the Spinosaurus debate.

For all the reasons that @Guyon2002 mentioned, I agree that there is no chance that the Spino from JPIII will be returning.

However, I don’t think that means we won’t get a Spino in JW Dominion... It is one of the most popular and elusive dinosaurs in paleontology and, in just the last few years, scientists have completely revised their theories on the physicality and the behavior of the Spino.

Wouldn’t it be smart for the JW Dominion producers to build off that Spino momentum (all the recent TV specials, Nat Geo articles, etc) and give us the most badass representation of this leviathan ever seen?

They could make it a BioSyn creation and have it feature all the new anatomically correct features that we now know the Spinosaurus to have (e.g. the massive tadpole tail).

@Guyon2002 has your friend Lucca done a mock-up of a scientifically accurate LEGO Spinosaurus? I would pay money just to see his design of that. Spino is hands down my favorite dino of all time.

800px-Spinosaurus_aegyptiacus.png

My friend Extinct Bricks made one a while ago: 

7 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Nope, he hasn't. 

Ima speculate here

i think we will get a new baby dino, a new herbivore (sino or stego) and a new carnivore (spino, Giga, ceratosaurus)

5 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

This is AMAZING! I didn’t know about Extinct Bricks. Thanks so much for sharing.

I really hope the shift of focus onto BioSyn means we will get some new, scientifically accurate species like this.

It would be so badass to see the InGen “monsters” like Rexy and Blue, etc. going head-to-head with “real” dinosaurs.

I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment but I am so hyped for this new movie and next year’s LEGO sets that will accompany it.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

This is AMAZING! I didn’t know about Extinct Bricks. Thanks so much for sharing.

I really hope the shift of focus onto BioSyn means we will get some new, scientifically accurate species like this.

It would be so badass to see the InGen “monsters” like Rexy and Blue, etc. going head-to-head with “real” dinosaurs.

I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment but I am so hyped for this new movie and next year’s LEGO sets that will accompany it.

No problem, he has and still is making so many customs, and he also has an old channel with some exclusive stuff and on his Facebook account, I think he has all of his customs, so you can check those out too if you want :)

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

That’s so COOL! Thanks for sharing!

4 hours ago, Koolkoalas said:

Ima speculate here

i think we will get a new baby dino, a new herbivore (sino or stego) and a new carnivore (spino, Giga, ceratosaurus)

I like your speculation!

For me, I think we would get Parasaurolophus instead of Stegosaurus. Of course it’s 100% pure speculation.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

So I’ve just thought of something plastic is made out of petroleum and petroleum is made out of fossils and fossils are dinosaurs that means our Lego dinosaurs are real dinosaurs 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

That’s so COOL! Thanks for sharing!

I like your speculation!

For me, I think we would get Parasaurolophus instead of Stegosaurus. Of course it’s 100% pure speculation.

I definitely can see a Para before Stego, 'cause that's probably going to appear in one of the $50 next year. However, it still has a chance in appearing this year, as well. Here are some likely candidates for each set:

76939: Small Dilophosaurus, Pteranodon, Velociraptor, or Baby Dinosaurs

76940: Velociraptor, Pteranodon, Dimorphodon, Gallimimus (maybe?), or Pachycephalosaurus (Lord willing)

76941: Pachycephalosaurus, Sinoceratops, Parasaurolophus, or Stegosaurus

76942: Parasaurolophus, Sinoceratops, Stegosaurus, or Spinosaurus (Please!!)

I can only see an old dinosaur for 76939 and most likely 76940, although I'm hoping we might get a Gallimimus (maybe), Dimorphodon (unlikely), or Pachycephalosaurus (very unlikely). I'm pretty confident about 76941, as it will be a slightly larger set than 76940. Whether it contains a small dinosaur or large dinosaur is beyond my knowledge. As much as I'd love to see a new large carnivore this year, I just can't very well see that happening. Our only chance for a new large carnivore really is Spinosaurus, and it would appear in an anniversary set with the boat and crane (maybe) from JP3. We HAVE to get a Spinosaurus at some point. Hopefully, these sets will follow the 2 dinosaurs per set rule we had last year.

Also, Extinct Bricks makes HUNDREDS of dinosaurs! He is definitely the best in his profession. Doesn't that just go to show what people can do without a massive toy syndicate marketing company?

1 hour ago, Koolkoalas said:

So I’ve just thought of something plastic is made out of petroleum and petroleum is made out of fossils and fossils are dinosaurs that means our Lego dinosaurs are real dinosaurs 

:laugh_hard::laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

personally i think we will get indominus rex babies from the lego double trouble series in set 76939, and a large herbivore in set 76942 and an updated version (smaller than the previous one) of carnotaur (toro from jurassic world camp cretaceous ) in set 76941.

15 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

As much as I'd love to see a new large carnivore this year, I just can't very well see that happening. Our only chance for a new large carnivore really is Spinosaurus, and it would appear in an anniversary set with the boat and crane (maybe) from JP3. We HAVE to get a Spinosaurus at some point. Hopefully, these sets will follow the 2 dinosaurs per set rule we had last year.

Allosaurus is very much possible and probably even more likely than a Spinosaurus. I have no doubt that we'll get a Spino at some point but I would be very surprised if it came in a JPIII set, something more random like what we've gotten in the past 2 years is far more likely.

17 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Also, Extinct Bricks makes HUNDREDS of dinosaurs! He is definitely the best in his profession. Doesn't that just go to show what people can do without a massive toy syndicate marketing company?

Extinct Bricks doesn't have limitations like budget, safety protocols, design principles and laws to adhere to. Not that surprising that he can do more than LEGO.

11 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

personally i think we will get indominus rex babies from the lego double trouble series in set 76939, and a large herbivore in set 76942 and an updated version (smaller than the previous one) of carnotaur (toro from jurassic world camp cretaceous ) in set 76941.

I doubt we'll get new dinosaurs in the 4+ set, but I like your idea! I think we are most definitely going to see a large herbivore this year, but a new large carnivore is a little unikely. Still good ideas!

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Allosaurus is very much possible and probably even more likely than a Spinosaurus. I have no doubt that we'll get a Spino at some point but I would be very surprised if it came in a JPIII set, something more random like what we've gotten in the past 2 years is far more likely.

WHAT?!! But you said it was just unlikely as Apatosaurus to appear! Who's changing the position of the discussion now?

Edited by pancakecrocodile
Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh

6 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

WHAT?!! But you said it was just unlikely as Apatosaurus to appear! Who's changing the position of the discussion now?

Last time I checked an Allosaurus wasn't an Apatosaurus. So what's your point here?

On 1/28/2021 at 9:30 AM, pancakecrocodile said:

What is the likeliness of an Allosaurus appearing this year? I'm guessing if anything, it would be in 76942.

This is what I said on the topic of actually Brachiosaurus (my bad), and you replied:

On 1/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Just as unlikely as a Brachiosaurus.

I'm not trying to prove anything, just asking why you changed your position so quickly. So... do you think we could see one this year?

Just now, pancakecrocodile said:

This is what I said on the topic of actually Brachiosaurus (my bad), and you replied:

I'm not trying to prove anything, just asking why you changed your position so quickly. So... do you think we could see one this year?

I misread Allosaurus as Apatosaurus back then, sorry for that. An Apatosaurus is just as unlikely as a Brachiosaurus. As far as new carnivores go Allosaurus is probably the most likely candidate.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I misread Allosaurus as Apatosaurus back then, sorry for that. An Apatosaurus is just as unlikely as a Brachiosaurus. As far as new carnivores go Allosaurus is probably the most likely candidate.

No problem! I hope we get one not based on Indominus body, but rather a Parasaurolophus body (hopefully it stars in this line). It would be smaller than the Carno, which would be disconcerting, but look accurate nonetheless. Maybe it could reuse the Indoraptor's jaw? I just can't picture it with T-rex arms like in LoIN, so maybe Indominus arms?

1 minute ago, pancakecrocodile said:

No problem! I hope we get one not based on Indominus body, but rather a Parasaurolophus body (hopefully it stars in this line). It would be smaller than the Carno, which would be disconcerting, but look accurate nonetheless. Maybe it could reuse the Indoraptor's jaw? I just can't picture it with T-rex arms like in LoIN, so maybe Indominus arms?

Carnotaurus arms would be most accurate for an Allosaurus. But such a discussion is pretty pointless considering only the setnumbers are public.

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Carnotaurus arms would be most accurate for an Allosaurus. But such a discussion is pretty pointless considering only the setnumbers are public.

Dude, this is just speculation. It doesn't need to be right, and you or anyone else don't have to pay mind to any speculations if you don't want to get your hopes up, but people like doing it. That is part of what these forums are for, right?

35 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

BTW, welcome to Eurobricks!

Edited by pancakecrocodile

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thank you for clearing the confusion up here. You could fail a tough Jurassic World quiz :P

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 hour ago, Bababricks said:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

I like your speculation. I would love to see an updated version of Carnosaurus (Toro) too.

Bit off topic but which do u guys think is the most accurate Lego depiction of rexy

Edited by Koolkoalas

13 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

Bit off topic but which do u guys think is the most accurate Lego depiction of rexy

Why you think it’s off topic? It does relate to Lego Jurassic World / Jurassic Park / dinosaurs. 

Anyways, i’m not sure if I understand your question correctly. Are you talking about differnet versions of Rex from Dino and Jurassic World themes? 

EDIT: Nver mind. In my profile picture, I consider Rex is the best one. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

5 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

None of them are all that accurate but if I had to pick one I'd go with the 2018 version. They should take the 2018 pattern, make the entire animal a bit darker and add some scars and then it would be perfect.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

None of them are all that accurate but if I had to pick one I'd go with the 2018 version. They should take the 2018 pattern, make the entire animal a bit darker and add some scars and then it would be perfect.

I agree