Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

1. Depends on your definition of good and on what will actually be included in the sets.

2. I don't know. 

Sorry, I meant good for the amount of pieces, interactivity and size (amount of stuff included)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Keep in mind that smaller doesn't necessarily mean cheaper, especially with these sets. 

Agreed. For example, recently, small-sized City sets are little expensive than usual, possibly new pieces/molds or something  That totally makes sense. 

So - I will wait for the revelations on these Jurassic World sets. :) 

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed. For example, recently, small-sized City sets are little expensive than usual, possibly new pieces/molds or something  That totally makes sense. 

So - I will wait for the revelations on these Jurassic World sets. :) 

A LITTLE more expensive than usual?! $100 for only 790 pieces? These (City) sets are absolutely absurd. The are only for wealthy collectors, in my opinion, of course.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

46 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

A LITTLE more expensive than usual?! $100 for only 790 pieces? These (City) sets are absolutely absurd. The are only for wealthy collectors, in my opinion, of course.

Agreed. Here is an maple - there will be a new sub theme for City, it’s Wildlife Rescue. I was little surpsied to see a price one specific set, like this: Wildlife Rescue Off-Roader -157 Pieces 49.99(4+set). So it may make sense for new animal molds, like elephant, giraffe, whatever (at the moment, it’s not confimrated what kind of animal this set would include or what the set will look like).

So - it might  same to Jurassic World sets for this year. 

If this line for JW is as bad as the one last year, I'm going to get the individual dinosaurs off of Bricklink.

NOTE: I pretend last year's line didn't happen, even if we saw an Ankylosaurus and Gallimimus- the prices were terrible.

9 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

If this line for JW is as bad as the one last year, I'm going to get the individual dinosaurs off of Bricklink.

NOTE: I pretend last year's line didn't happen, even if we saw an Ankylosaurus and Gallimimus- the prices were terrible.

Last years set weren't all amazing but still miles better than the crap we got in 2019. The Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus set is by far the best JW set LEGO has made imo. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Last years set weren't all amazing but still miles better than the crap we got in 2019. The Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus set is by far the best JW set LEGO has made imo. 

Agreed.. that’s why i grabbed Triceratops, Pteranodon, and T-rex figures from the 2019 sets, nothing else. And Batmobile set is the terrible out of the other 2020 sets but i got it becasue of Galimimus, anyways. I-Rex vs. Ankylosaurus is the best so far!

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

100% agreed

@Guyon2002 - i have a quesiton to ask you. Since City and Harry Potter themes have summer wave and we (lego fans) already know the prices. So - why the prices can’t be revealed if your sourc ewoon’t allow you to share so? I mean... Jurassic World sets will be likely be released this summer, right? 

Of. Course, we have to wait and I’m not expecting the prices to not be revealed right away but I’m just wondering. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

@Guyon2002 - i have a quesiton to ask you. Since City and Harry Potter themes have summer wave and we (lego fans) already know the prices. So - why the prices can’t be revealed if your sourc ewoon’t allow you to share so? I mean... Jurassic World sets will be likely be released this summer, right? 

Of. Course, we have to wait and I’m not expecting the prices to not be revealed right away but I’m just wondering. 

Hasn’t it already been revealed? The movie sets and then the like 4 non movie sets? Or have the prices for the 4 sets not been revealed yet?

Edited by Falconfan1414

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Because when my source tells me I can't put it out there yet I won't push for it :tongue: If I could share them I would.

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed.. that’s why i grabbed Triceratops, Pteranodon, and T-rex figures from the 2019 sets, nothing else. And Batmobile set is the terrible out of the other 2020 sets but i got it becasue of Galimimus, anyways. I-Rex vs. Ankylosaurus is the best so far!

I liked it because we've never seen a set with an herbivore and carnivore, and we got a reboot of the old Claire figure that was only seen in 75917... but the price was horrifying! It is super small, and you barely get any pieces... so I bought the figures separately on Bricklink. It's cool and all, but the price is bad. That's just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because when my source tells me I can't put it out there yet I won't push for it :tongue: If I could share them I would.

Alright! I will stand by then. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm Dutch actually :tongue: Those prices are a good guess but not correct. 

How about these prices: $20, $30, $30, $60? Are these correct?

15 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

How about these prices: $20, $30, $30, $60? Are these correct?

Even if they were I wouldn't be able to tell you :shrug_oh_well:

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Even if they were I wouldn't be able to tell you :shrug_oh_well:

Geen probleem meneer! your contact doesn’t happen to know the species that will be included as well... ?

Alright. Dinosaurs that I am 100% convinced will appear in one of these sets:

Pteranodon, Velociraptor, Ceratosaurus, Small Dilophosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Allosaurus, Sinoceratops, Stegosaurus, or a new Baby Dinosaur of some kind, like an Apatosaurus or Stegosaurus.

45 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Alright. Dinosaurs that I am 100% convinced will appear in one of these sets:

Pteranodon, Velociraptor, Ceratosaurus, Small Dilophosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Allosaurus, Sinoceratops, Stegosaurus, or a new Baby Dinosaur of some kind, like an Apatosaurus or Stegosaurus.

I’m prettty sure Pterandon and Velociraptor will be recolored. Usually, they show in several sets throughout past waves. So I would skip the new sets that feature Pteranodon or Velociraptor but I would reserve my judgement until I see them. 

“Small” Dilophosaurus? You mean, just like the one in Jurassic Park? More smaller than the existing lego version?

i’m really hoping for Parasaurolophus Stegosasurus or Pachycephalosaurus. We need some herbivores to populate our shelves. I will welcome carnivores and baby dinosaurs, of course. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m prettty sure Pterandon and Velociraptor will be recolored. Usually, they show in several sets throughout past waves. So I would skip the new sets that feature Pteranodon or Velociraptor but I would reserve my judgement until I see them. 

“Small” Dilophosaurus? You mean, just like the one in Jurassic Park? More smaller than the existing lego version?

i’m really hoping for Parasaurolophus Stegosasurus or Pachycephalosaurus. We need some herbivores to populate our shelves. I will welcome carnivores and baby dinosaurs, of course. 

I only say "small" dilophosaurus because there are 2 sizes of dilophosaurs, and the smaller JP sized one is smaller than its more scientifically accurately sized counterpart. I agree with your choice for herbivores, as we only have three (excluding the Gallimimus, because they were most likely omnivores): Triceratops, Ankylosaurus (and their baby variants), and Stygimoloch.

I also agree with your decision for the Raptor and Pteranodon sets (if they appear), as I think I will do the same until I see what the sets look like.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

7 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I only say "small" dilophosaurus because there are 2 sizes of dilophosaurs, and the smaller JP sized one is smaller than its more scientifically accurately sized counterpart.

The smaller Dilophosaurus introduced in the LoIN wave is actually more accurate to both the movie and the scientifically accurate specimen. It's too big for proper JP-scale and just a tad bit too small to be scientifically accurate in terms of size but it comes pretty close and is far more accurate than the first and second iterations of LEGO's Dilophosaurus, who's size is more like that of a small-ish Ceratosaurus (scientifically speaking). 

53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The smaller Dilophosaurus introduced in the LoIN wave is actually more accurate to both the movie and the scientifically accurate specimen. It's too big for proper JP-scale and just a tad bit too small to be scientifically accurate in terms of size but it comes pretty close and is far more accurate than the first and second iterations of LEGO's Dilophosaurus, who's size is more like that of a small-ish Ceratosaurus (scientifically speaking). 

Couldn't Dilophosaurus reach 23 feet in length, though? I've only heard of them growing to 17 feet long, but 23 is the largest size discovered. Height-wise, it is not an accurate size, but length-wise, it is a little long but okay-ish. But you are right, it does look more accurate. I wish there were a Lego dilo that had detachable ruffs on it's neck that could attach to small rods embedded in its neck. That way, you could take then off to appear less menacing, then you could reattach them. Unlikely, but cool.

12 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Couldn't Dilophosaurus reach 23 feet in length, though? I've only heard of them growing to 17 feet long, but 23 is the largest size discovered. Height-wise, it is not an accurate size, but length-wise, it is a little long but okay-ish. But you are right, it does look more accurate. I wish there were a Lego dilo that had detachable ruffs on it's neck that could attach to small rods embedded in its neck. That way, you could take then off to appear less menacing, then you could reattach them. Unlikely, but cool.

It's not totally accurate but in proportion to a minifigure the smaller one is definetely far more accurate than the oversized versions they've made before, both in height and length. The average Dilophosaurus wasn't much larger than the average human (give or take 1.8m for the human and 2m for the Dilo) and although it should technically be a bit longer the smaller Dilo's lenght is completely fine compared to it's general mass.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:17 AM, LegoCyt said:

So if we get this line of 4 sets for 2021, and sets 76944-52? Are delayed till dominion’s release, is there a chance there is a set 76943?

Maybe a Jurassic World Dominion polybag?

17 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Maybe a Jurassic World Dominion polybag?

Normal set, polybags don't have similar numbers to sets. 

I hope we see a set with pteranodon, I know it has appeared in every single wave except 2019 but I want it for 3 reasons: they are supper good army builders or in this case flock builders? Second Pteranodon Longiceps is my favorite animal and I want to have as many of those as possible and third I want a TLW color skin varían which would be amazing or a scientifically accurate Pteranodon which would also be amazing.

PD: sorry if my grammar is bad I’m Venezuelan