barneius

[MOC] [Instructions] Trast Heavy Transports A-A4B landspeeder (Moloch speeder)

Trast Heavy Transports A-A4B landspeeder MOC. A short-haul reinforced cargo speeder known for it’s powerful and noisy Magna Drive engine. Gangster Moloch used his modified A-A4B to chase young Han Solo and Qi’ra during the spectacular opening scene in „Solo: A Star Wars Story”. Over 2.800 pieces; 36 suds long and 26 studs wide. Hovers on four almost not visible clear wheels. Detailed body and cockpit. Opening cargo box with 3 passenger seats and cargo area. Scaled to fit my Mobquet M-68 MOC. PDF step-by-step instructions available at Rebrickable here. More pics on my flickr.

50498703453_aa95f2594c_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50499570687_8dc1091f66_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50499570807_b0a530ff2a_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50498703583_383fcab24b_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50498703648_5ea8f57147_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50499414416_83d6b5bdac_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50498703833_0542209c0f_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50499414501_91c04922e2_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50499413921_72eaa97087_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

50499413791_c7f6a14ca0_c.jpgA-A4B vs M-68 LEGO MOCs by barneius, on Flickr

50499570432_c0923e1c17_c.jpgTrast Heavy Transports A-A4B Landspeeder LEGO MOC by barneius, on Flickr

Edited by barneius

Absolutely awesome, and it looks so good parked next to Han’s stolen speeder! I’m not a big fan of totally smooth builds but your use of bars, studs and modified plates for texture is really pleasing to look at. It’s very good, you’ve done a great job.

Just completed this build! Awesome work, it really looks great. I’ve got your M-68 on the way, now you just gotta make an Aratech Patrol Bike and I can build the whole scene. 

On 11/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, mcphatty said:

Absolutely awesome, and it looks so good parked next to Han’s stolen speeder! I’m not a big fan of totally smooth builds but your use of bars, studs and modified plates for texture is really pleasing to look at. It’s very good, you’ve done a great job.

20 hours ago, BigButtah said:

Just completed this build! Awesome work, it really looks great. I’ve got your M-68 on the way, now you just gotta make an Aratech Patrol Bike and I can build the whole scene. 

Thank you guys! I'm really glad you like it. Vast majority of people treat this vehicle as the ugliest, most boring and simply not interesting at all. Even though it's definitely one of the least popular Star Wars vehicles I've decided to build it in LEGO because I just love how massive it is and wanted to have it on my shelf side to side with Han's M-68.

Besides it may look just like two connected round boxes form a distance, yet if you look closer you may see that this speeder is full of details, different shapes and overlapping surfaces. Capturing all of them in LEGO form was both challenging and pleasing. And it took months :D

Therefore I'm very pleased I'm not the only one to like the vehicle. And @BigButtah I'm so satisfied you like (and have!) the finished model.

So clean - the side by side to the original really does this justice.  Amazing execution.

On 1/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, Cygma said:

So clean - the side by side to the original really does this justice.  Amazing execution.

Thanks. Glad you appreciate my efforts to capture all the details.