CastleBeachFire

[MOC] 2020 International Workstar Rescue Utility

One of my latest creations is this 2020 International Workstar Rescue Utility for Brickadia Fire and Rescue. This apparatus will be in service as Air & Light 37.

50375926073_3a36edae89_k.jpg 

50375925998_ab23c22607_c.jpg

A&L 37 is built on a 2020 International Workstar with SVI bodywork. Responding to extended incidents, this apparatus provides rehab for operating units by providing refreshments as well as a lavatory. A Mako air refilling station allows for SCBA to be refilled on-scene rather than having to return to headquarters to retrieve more air bottles. In the rear, a 30-gal Trimax CAFS unit can be used for small fires or decontamination purposes. A&L 37 is also equipped with an onboard air compressor for hydraulic powered tools and a generator to run electric powered tools.

Technical specs:

2020 International Workstar 4x4 with SVI bodywork 

Cummins L9 engine

Allison EVS 4000 transmission

Vertical exhaust piping

FRC scene lighting

Harrison 20-kW PTO-driven generator

185-cfm Vanair PTO-driven air compressor 

Code 3 Lighting

B&M Super Chief Siren

Motorola Spectra electronic siren

Grover Air horns

Mako Mobile Air refill station

Trimax 30 gal CAFS unit

Inspired by:

North Bellmore FD Tech Rescue 6512

Credits:

James K, Abeed M, Sven J, and CC for inspiring the front

David H for inspiring the compartments

Edited by CastleBeachFire

Just now, JintaiZ said:

Excellent build!

Thank you so much! I was just happy to get the headlights all connected thanks to clips and bars. My original idea was so much more bulky and unstable, so I'm glad I found a simpler solution haha! Thanks again!

7 minutes ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

Besides the gross headlights, awesome rig as always!

haha I actually think the headlights are the best part of the Workstar :p

I've seen a lot of your stuff...I used to build a lot of Fire/Rescue years ago...dipping my toes back in. My favorite part of this is a bit subtle, but it's perfect for the chassis...the doors are literally perfect. Enough to overlook the illegal moves on the grill, which also looks great. :wink:

3 hours ago, Htrag said:

I've seen a lot of your stuff...I used to build a lot of Fire/Rescue years ago...dipping my toes back in. My favorite part of this is a bit subtle, but it's perfect for the chassis...the doors are literally perfect. Enough to overlook the illegal moves on the grill, which also looks great. :wink:

Oh that’s great to hear! It’s always cool to hear folks go back to building! I’m glad you like those doors! Granted, I wish they would open, but they’re connected via brackets. I’m sure there is a solution, but I haven’t thought about it hard enough yet lol! Glad you like the grill too! I did put glass panes inside to hold the grill tiles together ? so they’re technically “connected” haha

On 10/21/2020 at 6:41 PM, Lo var Lachland said:

What a beauty, I remember my LEGO Fire days. Still have an old Freightliner Engine lying in a box somewhere...

Thanks Lo! Would love to see your rigs again!