Lind Whisperer

H20: 1: The Mystery of the Maze

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

“He was being dodgy from the time I asked about them, saying that only someone who’d known a person for their entire lives would be able to notice the difference in their behaviour - And that hardly sounds like ‘living without living’, to begin with. And I didn’t stop asking questions because I was mad - I mean, I was, but I stopped after he said that there were other changes, but someone with my ‘temperament’ wouldn’t be able to understand. Whatever that means. I figured I wasn’t getting anything else out of him, and we needed to get moving anyway.” 

"Are you sure? I think you're using a very narrow definition of what he said. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between the way people act and a machine designed to imitate them, I think something like that might be what he meant. And his remarks about your temperament were not entirely unwarranted, you were being kind of hostile at the time."

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

“That’s exactly what I’m worried about - And it may even be what happened in Magellan’s village. Remember, we’ve only got his word as to what went down - He could’ve been lying.”

"But why? There's no reason not to just lead with that instead of faking a battle and then sending us off after some random ingredients." He sighed, "Look, I don't want to seem dismissive, but you've been lying to us about where you come from and why you're here since we first met a couple of minutes ago. I understand you don't want to tell us the truth for whatever reason, and trust me I don't care anyway, but it comes off a bit entitled to expect us to accept your unsubstantiated theories but not be suspicious of someone who only just wandered out of the wilderness."

bas.png

This. The snake has what appears to be a female Humanoid on its back - She might be able to tell us how to get through this maze. Are you just scared of snakes, or do you know something I don’t?” 

OOC: I wouldn't take the entire image at face value, that picture is from 2011 and was taken by someone is isn't currently active on these forums for a different quest entirely. It's likely Lind is simply using it for the big snake and not for the rest of it's contents.

I saw that, but 8/70 damage is fairly low (particularly after having been hit by a powerful attack), so Yelana’s point about Magellan being relatively uninjured still stands. 

BTW, I apologize for not being as active as usual - Depression is not fun!

To be honest I think you're overanalyzing this a little, it's more likely that Lind simply wanted to indicate he was injured without putting much thought into the exact numbers.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that interacting with people helps you at least a little.

Battle Order
Angor -  HIT: WP 3 + Level = 4
Magnhildr -  SHIELD: WP 3 + Level = 4
Old Bones -  SHIELD: WP 3 x 3 + Level = 10
Yelana -  HIT: WP 3 + Level = 4
Okooid -  Special: Bombard

Angor -  MISS
Magnhildr -  HIT: WP 3 + Level = 4
Old Bones - MISS

THE PARTY IS VICTORIOUS!

Everyone gained respective levels. Party leader, please divide the loot.

Loot

1 Venom

1 Fire Bomb

To your left; a wierd echo, ahead - the bustle of people?

The Party:

golden_orc_square.jpg

Angor "The Arboretum" (@samurai-turtle)
"20 Years" Old Male Orc Barbarian
Theme
Level 2
Power:
Health: 4/8
Gold: 10
Equipment: Crystalline Hammer (WP:3),
Inventory: Potion, Mead
49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (@Classic_Spaceman)
Human Female Ranger 
Theme
Level 2

Power: 5
Health: 4/7
Equipment: Plasma Sniper-Rifle (Hand Cannon) (WP 3) 
Inventory: Potion (1x)

Mag.png
Magnhildr (@Peppermint_M)
Theme
Etherian Barbarian of unknown gender and age
Level 2

Health: 4/9
Equipment: Sapphire Naginata (Polearm/Halberd) (WP:3),
Inventory: Potion, Mead

50399432242_814f2003bd_o.jpg
Old Bones ('Sam') (@Lord Duvors)
Theme
??? years old male Undead Cyborg Rouge
Level 2
Power: 5 (1+3)
Health: 3/8
Gold: 60
Equipped: Black Sword (WP: 3, longsword).
Inventory: Potion, Venom.

50408737288_171777c215_o.jpg
Okooid (@darkdragon)
Bioborg Mage of unknown gender and age
Level 2
Health: 2/7
Ether: 7/7
Gold: 60
Equipment: Staff

Inventory:  Topaz, Potion

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Loot Distribution
Magnhildr
 - Venom
Yelana - Fire Bomb

Having handed out the spoils Sam began to examine the paths ahead of them.
"Well, according to theory we should still keep going straight ahead. And voices are at least more concrete than... whatever we're hearing from down that path. Any objections?"

What is that noise? As he attempts to figure it out. 

OoC:

I think you better double check my health. First off the max needs to go up to nine (9). And I believe a barbarian recovers some health after battle (based of level).

"Another group in this maze? Hopefully they will not be foes." Magnhildr accepted the venom, it could come in handy later in their adventure.

I may need to cancel this; this isn't fair to you guys and I am going through one of the worst periods of my life

The noise reveal themselves to be a small town; you see a blacksmith, several small buildings, and a bioshack. A bird-woman struts nearby as do several soldiers.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:43 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

Okooid -  Special: Bombard

"Ah! Shit! Stupid ant! <Reacquire target> <TARGET LOCKED>" 

"Nailed it." 

On 11/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Yelana - Fire Bomb

Yelana flips the rifle onto her back, taking the Fire Bomb as she does. 
"Thanks - And what the hells was that, anyway? Some kind of acid spit?" 
Yelana wipes her face with her arm. 
"Ugh. . . It's in my hair, too." 

To your left; a wierd echo, ahead - the bustle of people?

"<Enhance audio and extrapolate relative directions> <ENHANCING AUDIO. . . ATTEMPTING TO EXTRAPOLATE COORDINATES. . .>" 

On 11/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Sam began to examine the paths ahead of them.
"Well, according to theory we should still keep going straight ahead. And voices are at least more concrete than... whatever we're hearing from down that path. Any objections?"

"Wait - If we keep going straight - if my scans are correct - we'd still be going south. I know this is a maze, but I don't think we'll make it through by going back the way we came in. And no offence, but the last time you picked a direction, we all got sprayed with ant venom. . . Ugh. Anyway, I'd rather check out that echo - Those voices are probably the 'Wilderness Guard' Magellan mentioned." 

3 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The noise reveal themselves to be a small town; you see a blacksmith, several small buildings, and a bioshack. A bird-woman struts nearby as do several soldiers.

"Huh. . . Sam - Is this your village?? I didn't think we'd be out of the maze so quickly. We could've gotten turned around - Or maybe. . . <Scan for illusions - Holographic, psychic, anything> <SCANNING. . .>" 

46 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Wait - If we keep going straight - if my scans are correct - we'd still be going south. I know this is a maze, but I don't think we'll make it through by going back the way we came in. And no offence, but the last time you picked a direction, we all got sprayed with ant venom. . . Ugh. Anyway, I'd rather check out that echo - Those voices are probably the 'Wilderness Guard' Magellan mentioned." 

"I'm only following the right-hand wall, which I'm told is the quickest path through a maze. I think we entered at an angle that will allow us to keep going this way for a while without exiting, and I don't know of any other entrances on this side of the mountains anyway."

51 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Huh. . . Sam - Is this your village?? I didn't think we'd be out of the maze so quickly. We could've gotten turned around - Or maybe. . . <Scan for illusions - Holographic, psychic, anything> <SCANNING. . .>" 

"... No. In fact this is the last thing I expected. Look, see those cliffs around this place? We're still in the maze."

"Settlers who know the way? Or trapped people who gave in to their lot?" Magnhildr eyed the surrounds with suspicion. "Soldiers might not answer questions, but a civilian could."

11 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"I'm only following the right-hand wall, which I'm told is the quickest path through a maze. I think we entered at an angle that will allow us to keep going this way for a while without exiting, and I don't know of any other entrances on this side of the mountains anyway."

Huh would you hear that? It probably just a general rule, you know to avoid getting lost...you know this village might have a map of the place, or part of one at least. 

10 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Settlers who know the way? Or trapped people who gave in to their lot?" Magnhildr eyed the surrounds with suspicion. "Soldiers might not answer questions, but a civilian could."

Those soldiers might know what roams the maze, or at least they should know.