Sign in to follow this  
JintaiZ

Which Winter Village sets were successful?

Which Winter Village sets were successful?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Winter Village sets were successful?

• 10199 Winter Village Toy Shop
    • 10216 Winter Village Bakery
    • 10222 Winter Village Post Office
    • 10229 Winter Village Cottage
    • 10235 Winter Village Market
    • 10245 Santa's Workshop
    • 10249 Winter Toy Shop
    • 10254 Winter Holiday Train
    • 10259 Winter Village Train Station
    • 10263 Winter Village Fire Station
    • 10267 Gingerbread House
    • 10275 Elf Clubhouse
    • Cast your vote please, thank you!!

Today marks the press release of 10275 Elf Clubhouse, so let's take a look back at how Winter Village started and which sets sold well.

Cast your vote now! :) I won't make voter names public this time.

Successful as in a desirable set or successful as in absolute number sold? Whether or not a set sold well is a factual issue that the end-consumer isn't privy to so I am not sure that the poll makes a great deal of sense.  People can guess but that does not give any insight into the actual facts of the matter unless a bunch of Lego insiders decide to participate.

19 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

Successful as in a desirable set or successful as in absolute number sold? Whether or not a set sold well is a factual issue that the end-consumer isn't privy to so I am not sure that the poll makes a great deal of sense.  People can guess but that does not give any insight into the actual facts of the matter unless a bunch of Lego insiders decide to participate.

Whether it was well received or not

Strongest entries: 10216 and 10245

Weakest entries: 10249 and 10259

Edited by JintaiZ

Also interesting to see that none of them got all five votes...

I went with 10216 Winter Village Bakery. I liked the overall set a lot, the rink was a nice & very fitting inclusion. The newly introduced baguette was included, and the present was nice. 

12 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I went with 10216 Winter Village Bakery. I liked the overall set a lot, the rink was a nice & very fitting inclusion. The newly introduced baguette was included, and the present was nice. 

Absolutely agree with you here :) It was a beautiful set at an affordable price.

Did you go for any other ones?

I think the long-lost "cast your vote please" set will have the least votes! :tongue:

In all seriousness, I never liked the Market.... not very fitting with the some of the set's "town" theme.

I voted for:

Toy shop v2 (The original doesn't hold up as well to this one!)

Train  (can't have one without the other!)

Train Station (ditto to what I said before!)

Fire Station (crucial to putting out real Christmas tree fires caused by overloaded old-time electric plugs!)

Cottage (where said fires are bound to happen!)

Post Office (got to send out those letters to Santa for gifts and relatives for invitations to X-mas dinner somehow!)

Bakery (after a long day of arguing with the in-laws over who was supposed to bring the cake for after dinner, and then loosing the house in a freak Christmas tree fire, your realize what Christmas was all about: standing in front of a bakery at 6AM Christmas morning, waiting for them to open for free day-old bagels because your newly homeless and flat broke.* What is the name of that feeling? I bet it's somewhere between panic and dread. Merry Christmas!)

*This is because all the cash you saved up went up in smoke because LEGO hasn't made a Winter Village Bank to deposit it in yet.

@JintaiZ, I'm tagging you cause i just finished editing this post in your topic. Thought you might get a kick out the comments at the end-ish.

Edited by Murdoch17

27 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I think the long-lost "cast your vote please" set will have the least votes! :tongue:

In all seriousness, I never liked the Market.... not very fitting with the some of the set's "town" theme.

I voted for:

Toy shop v2 (The original doesn't hold up as well to this one!)

Train  (can't have one without the other!)

Train Station (ditto to what I said before!)

Fire Station (crucial to putting out real Christmas tree fires caused by overloaded old-time electric plugs!)

Cottage (where said fires are bound to happen!)

Post Office (got to send out those letters to Santa for gifts and relatives for invitations to X-mas dinner somehow!)

Bakery (after a long day of arguing with the in-laws over who was supposed to bring the cake for after dinner, and then loosing the house in a freak Christmas tree fire, your realize what Christmas was all about: standing in front of a bakery at 6AM Christmas morning, waiting for them to open for free day-old bagels because your newly homeless and flat broke.* What is the name of that feeling? I bet it's somewhere between panic and dread. Merry Christmas!)

*This is because all the cash you saved up went up in smoke because LEGO hasn't made a Winter Village Bank to deposit it in yet.

@JintaiZ, I'm tagging you cause i just finished editing this post in your topic. Thought you might get a kick out the comments at the end-ish.

But then the Toy Shop V2 is just a re-release... I agree with the ones you voted for overall.

10275 also won't have much votes.

Edited by JintaiZ

56 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Absolutely agree with you here :) It was a beautiful set at an affordable price.

Did you go for any other ones?

I also did the station & train. Even though I didn’t buy the train until the following year, I really like it as well. I was going to skip it because I’m not big on trains, but then I saw the fantastic station & had to get the train. Glad I did. 

10 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I also did the station & train. Even though I didn’t buy the train until the following year, I really like it as well. I was going to skip it because I’m not big on trains, but then I saw the fantastic station & had to get the train. Glad I did. 

Definitely. The train is beautiful and one of the best builds I've experienced. Sadly it's destroyed while my family was moving :cry_sad: