Vinz1911

Spike Prime Downgrade/Older Spike Prime App Download ?

Hi Guys,

I have a question, I want to downgrade my Spike Prime to version 1.9.3 to test out some things with the old BLE class which does not work in higher Versions.

Is it possible to downgrade to that firmware ? I tried to modify the download link from lego to get a earlier version of the Prime App. But the Latest Version I could get was the 1.1.4 Version and the Firmware which is delivered with that App Version ist 1.10 for the Prime.

Does anyone have the 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 App Version of the Spike Prime App for Mac or Windows for me ? So that I could downgrade the Firmware of my Spike to 1.9.3 ?

Thanks and best Regards
Vinz

I don't think you can downgrade. But you can delete the app and do it all over again...

With the 1.1.4 version of the App, it was possible to downgrade my Spike Prime from 1.12 to 1.10 Firmware.

I need someone who can provide me an earlier version of the Spike Prime Software for Mac/Windows. I cannot download a earlier version as 1.1.4 from the Lego Page. It would be nice if someone can provide me a 1.0.0 or 1.1.0/1.1.1 Version of the Spike Prime Software for Mac/Windows

Edited by Vinz1911

If you have downloaded this new firmware, seems like you could remove it and have the original left. if you downloaded it originally to your PC, it should still be in your download folder.

Maybe there are online sources other than Lego with the firmware you desire.

https://bricks.stackexchange.com/questions/15099/how-to-dump-the-firmware-from-the-spike-prime-and-mindstorms-v4

Maybe the older version of https://pybricks.com/about/ can help you do what you desire.

Edited by 1963maniac

Sorry to bump a bit of an old topic, but I just noticed this thread. I'm the author of that question and the github repo behind it of old firmwares.

Were you successful in finding any old firmwares? I'f love to add them to the github repo.

Otherwise if you have any information about the software inside the hubs I'd love to know!

2 hours ago, gw_shadow said:

Sorry to bump a bit of an old topic

Welcome @gw_shadow!

Well to be honest - I don't think a roughly one-month-old topic is even a bit of old. It is still very(!) interesting. Hopefully somebody knows.

Regards,
Thorsten

Thanks for the link, I've ripped the firmware and filesystem out of the app and added them to the repo, along with a few other firmwares since my mindstorms set arrived.
I'll have a play with the Lego application download URL and see if I can get some other old versions.

For reference it's all here:
https://github.com/gpdaniels/spike-prime

I've now got almost every firmware.

I have:

The webpage for the installer also lists:

Which I don't have yet. If anyone has them let me know!