I recently finished and updated a Stud.io model that I started a long time ago: Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin.
As I grew up in Germany, I read a lot of "Lustige Taschenbücher" in my childhood but also comic boocs by Carl Barks or Don Rosa. Although the Money Bin looks a bit different in the "DuckTales" cartoons, I decided for the european version because it's the one I know from my childhood and I think the colorful outside fits more to LEGO than just a light grey cube.

I also uploaded this model to the IDEAS plattform and I'd be very happy about every supporter!

ideas.lego.com/projects/5f3275bf-b5fd-4754-8198-dde991f13b46

The model features several details on the inside like Uncle Scrooge's desk, his Number One Dime, a cannon to protect the vault from the Beagle Boys, a safe and Scrooge's "Worry Room" with a worn out floor. The roof and the first floor can be taken off and the rear wall can be folded out to get access to the inside:

client-code.js%22%20charset=%22utf-8%22

script%3E

script%3E

script%3E

script%3E

script%3E

I hope you like it, feel free to give feedback or tips, I can try to include them in a re-design in the future :)

Grettings,

Aldar Beedo

Looks great. The vault looks really good, just needs a lot more gold. :tongue: It gives the right impression. 

On 6/26/2020 at 6:51 AM, Vindicare said:

Looks great. The vault looks really good, just needs a lot more gold. :tongue: It gives the right impression. 

Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

All the round 1x1 plates let the number of total parts grow very fast and as there's a part limitation for IDEAS projects, I stopped at a certain point to stay below :D

Looks great. I wish Lego wouldn't just focus on the Disney cartoons but also release sets and minifigures based on the comics, for us European fans.

Really like this, Was the money bin this blue on the exterior? Would sand blue be better?

The interior is really nicely designed. I like this alot.

(I just hope we get Talespin Baloo in the next Disney CMF, 31064 cries out for a Baloo pilot!)

And supported your ideas project too!

On 6/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, Graupensuppe said:

Looks great. I wish Lego wouldn't just focus on the Disney cartoons but also release sets and minifigures based on the comics, for us European fans.

Yes, me too! I like DuckTales, but being grown up with e.g. the "Lustige Taschenbücher" I'd also prefer some more comic related sets!

3 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Really like this, Was the money bin this blue on the exterior? Would sand blue be better?

The interior is really nicely designed. I like this alot.

(I just hope we get Talespin Baloo in the next Disney CMF, 31064 cries out for a Baloo pilot!)

And supported your ideas project too!

Thanks for your support! :)

I took this picture from the comic books as an orientation and the blue there fits the LEGO blue.

5 hours ago, Aldar-Beedo said:

Yes, me too! I like DuckTales, but being grown up with e.g. the "Lustige Taschenbücher" I'd also prefer some more comic related sets!

Thanks for your support! :)

I took this picture from the comic books as an orientation and the blue there fits the LEGO blue.

Ah fair enough - i was going by the cartoon Ducktales, i hope it makes the cut! - incidentally this keeps me company at work: 

Ducktales

3 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

incidentally this keeps me company at work

Haha, nice! :thumbup:

It's hard to find one "true" answer to many topics in Duckburg, as among the comics and cartoons there are many different versions for background stories or designs like buildings. But I liked this design, because it is a bit more colorful and I think it fits better to LEGO's intention of "friendly" designs (like the pirate ships with yellow, red and white instead of just brown) than just a grey cube. But I can totally understand that there are people who like other versions of the Money Bin better. :)

For those who are interested:

I included some major updates in the IDEAS project: Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin (Updates)

Updates include some custom minifigures (or concepts), a trap door in front of Scrooge's desk, a new feature for the Beagle Boys to break into the vault and an option to ude the Money Bin as a piggy bank.

If you have additional ideas or feedback, I#d be happy to hear your opinions :)

On 6/28/2020 at 2:38 PM, Graupensuppe said:

Exactly.I grew up reading Carl Barks stories and those comics have endless material for potential sets. 

On 12/24/2020 at 1:18 AM, LOTR34 said:

Exactly.I grew up reading Carl Barks stories and those comics have endless material for potential sets. 

Yes, there are so many characters and buildings you could turn into an entire series of sets!