mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

German blog stonewars.de has listed the crocodile as one of the d2c sets that go EOL end of this year. That's pretty soon. They also mentioned that it was (/is) highly sought after. 

Also, on that note, a Swiss retailer is having discounts on lego sets - 10277 was available for CHF 99 (normally its CHF125 because... Switzerland) and all 50 units sold too quickly for me to even notice the offer. Well. Gives me hope it sold well enough for future 18+/creator expert trains to be released. 

41 minutes ago, Sunil766 said:

German blog stonewars.de has listed the crocodile as one of the d2c sets that go EOL end of this year. That's pretty soon. They also mentioned that it was (/is) highly sought after. 

Also, on that note, a Swiss retailer is having discounts on lego sets - 10277 was available for CHF 99 (normally its CHF125 because... Switzerland) and all 50 units sold too quickly for me to even notice the offer. Well. Gives me hope it sold well enough for future 18+/creator expert trains to be released. 

18 months isn’t long.  However, I don’t believe any previous Expert trains were sold concurrently.  I think the 2 year pattern may return, with one set not going up to the next release like before.

20 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

18 months isn’t long.  However, I don’t believe any previous Expert trains were sold concurrently.  I think the 2 year pattern may return, with one set not going up to the next release like before.

There was some overlap of a few months with 10194 and 10219 as per Brickset.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:49 PM, Toxic43 said:

There was some overlap of a few months with 10194 and 10219 as per Brickset.

Thanks - didn't realise that though it was slightly before my time so it was an assumption in the first place (though I missed the Horizon Express by a whisker which still really annoys me.

I've seen from the YouTuber Briq Foundation's coverage of retiring sets on Stonewars.de, that though 10277 Crocodile Locomotive is set to be retired at the end of this year, it may well be extended, having sold incredibly well (it was sold out for months, and it was even on backorder when I bought it in January, 6 months after release).  The rerelease of the Saturn V was also set to retire, and has been extended so it's not impossible that this will be too.