Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Four

4 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

Vincent and Aiden have been gunning for me since Day One. (Watch Vincent ask for an itemized list of examples :ugh:)  If they are scum as I assume, then they knew if they kept the heat on me long enough that one of these days they could get the town to lynch me. It makes sense to lynch someone who was blocked, though of course I wish we were picking someone different. When I flip town, you all should lynch Vincent. If he turns up scum then you should immediately lynch Aiden. If there are scum left after that I would focus on Emmett or Robin since they have been caught possibly lying. If Vincent isn't scum, then you should immediately lynch Daniel.

Honestly, I'm keeping this list and I think it's fairly logical. I still can't get onboard with Vincent/Aiden/Daniel being scum, but that may just be my past experiences with how fights have turned out. I don't actually have itemized lists showing why any of the 3 are townie :pir-cry_happy:

3 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

*Fwom fwom*

Hammer! Sorry, didn't realize we were there.

Vote: Justin Raynaud

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Every time you see me, the hammer's just so hype *Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

Thanks for calling that out. I'd missed Robin's vote and so we were a vote higher on Justin than I thought. 

My fate seems pretty well sealed. But I'd like to point out that if I were scum, wouldn't I be putting up more of a fight? I know that in my lynching I can still help the town discover the true scum. I don't expect this argument to change any votes. But hopefully it will lend more credibility to my observations after I'm dead. I'm convinced that either Daniel or Vincent is scum. Vincent has pushed so hard for my lynch for days so he seems the most likely candidate to lynch next. I will be very disappointed if you don't lynch him tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Honestly, I'm keeping this list and I think it's fairly logical. I still can't get onboard with Vincent/Aiden/Daniel being scum, but that may just be my past experiences with how fights have turned out. I don't actually have itemized lists showing why any of the 3 are townie :pir-cry_happy:

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

His list leaves out the most logical lynch after him and then me: Fabien.

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

6 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

Yet you don't vote for Justin, much like your defense of him throughout the days.

:pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh: Sure Mr Parrot. Are you done being butthurt? Because I left the Justin vote to go after you. I unvoted Alex as well and oh look, he was no scum! He made an actual helpful observation in his last post a scum would probably never do. Even Joshua gave us nothing useful for the future. But it was obviously too late for Alex to start playing the game at that time. So what is your angle Emmett? Don't you think you can force any narrative into an unvote anytime? Do you have anything useful to say?

17 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

His list leaves out the most logical lynch after him and then me: Fabien.

Yeah, who done the exact same thing as you today. Stay convenient in a hidden position with no actions needed to confirm.

28 minutes ago, Justin Reynaud said:

I'm convinced that either Daniel or Vincent is scum.

Yes, I remember someone voicing the same thing on D2. Would you tell us what was your motivation in roleclaiming Voyeur in PM to me and Vincent? You said "in case you are getting killed". But honestly why the Scum would have wanted you dead if you are Town? You were openly named as the main suspect by 3 other players already. For what it's worth, I did not tell you Fred is going to block the sh*t out of you, because either you were ready to make another clumsy Voyeur move on me or you were up to no good. Why not just claiming the day before?

Yes, I am disappointed that we went for Justin this fast. No, not because I kEeP dEfEndIng hIm, but because I wanted more pressure on Vincent and Fabien. I think this Voyeur claim is pretty weak, almost too weak for a Scum move. Why not just claiming to target some blocked player with confirmed actions already taken on them. Like our dear Tracker, Emmett did, who could have claimed his N3 action very easily if the coordination was leaked. Don't you think, Robin? Don't you agree, Peter? 

The only reason I see lynching a claimed player anything more valid is at least we are putting away an obstacle to finally start forcing the other two to say something useful except pointing fingers onto the other blocked players without confirming anything about themselves.

I find it hilarious that these blocked players were the most verbose pushing The Narrative while they maybe should have just kept silent and answered the questions asked of them.

1 hour ago, Daniel Lucas said:

:pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh: Sure Mr Parrot. Are you done being butthurt? Because I left the Justin vote to go after you. I unvoted Alex as well and oh look, he was no scum! He made an actual helpful observation in his last post a scum would probably never do. Even Joshua gave us nothing useful for the future. But it was obviously too late for Alex to start playing the game at that time. So what is your angle Emmett? Don't you think you can force any narrative into an unvote anytime? Do you have anything useful to say?

You were 'butthurt' that I voted for you and went in constant attack mode over it. You've been 'butthurt' that I've said that you haven't been helpful, and you haven't, and you still aren't, and to this day, no one has disagreed with me on the subject. That must drive you crazy.

Your switch from Justin to Alex came midway, a safe position to hide in, and then brought 3 people along after. Completely shifted the momentum to someone we ultimately found out was town. When you pulled out of the Alex vote after reaching the number needed for a lynch and then tried to push me to replace your vote, it made me incredibly suspicious, like you knew he was town and wanted to distance yourself from a lynch you supposedly believed in enough to originally support. I wondered how long before you would come along to try to take credit for that. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Why not just claiming to target some blocked player with confirmed actions already taken on them. Like our dear Tracker, Emmett did, who could have claimed his N3 action very easily if the coordination was leaked. Don't you think, Robin? Don't you agree, Peter? 

Except no one told me anything, and I tracked someone who wasn't suggested, then reported the results before they were publicly confirmed. That would be a little difficult to fake, even for a role as weak as voyeur appears to be. I must be missing something in your comment though, because I don't see how Robin or Peter are involved, and, much to your likely annoyance, I can't remember who Peter is. :laugh: 

16 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

You were 'butthurt' that I voted for you and went in constant attack mode over it.

Except you was voting on a wagon with a confirmed scum. 

16 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

When you pulled out of the Alex vote after reaching the number needed for a lynch and then tried to push me to replace your vote, it made me incredibly suspicious

Suspicious of what? Me being a scum? Well good morning, why have you voted for me before if not for that?

22 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

like you knew he was town and wanted to distance yourself from a lynch you supposedly believed in enough to originally support.

See? Forcing a narrative into it, just as I've told you and you are going into it like a lamb anyway. I can do the same and being just as useless as you are. Let me give you an example: You were not voting for Alex for the same reason. Knowing he is going to flip town, like a scum would have known. See? Did we get anything out if this? Are we both scum?

Also you were the one talking about me PULLING votes off Justin, while the same guys were jumping on Alex the same way without me. Am I pulling any votes from Justin now? There is no one taking any credit for anything, half of your talk is a redundant noise. You are just jumping on every little weak angle you can create not realizing with this approach you would already be the freaking Scum King himself.

17 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

I must be missing something in your comment though, because I don't see how Robin or Peter are involved, and, much to your likely annoyance, I can't remember who Peter is. :laugh: 

Yes, you miss something. Or you just want to miss. And yet you are still here talking. Go back, read and when you're done we can continue. Also you can't remember who Peter is? Aww, that's cute. But you have so much time to talk all the same.

For the record the only reason I'm not voting for you is the exact same reason I'm not voting for Justin today. As I've said there is no way I'm going for a claimed player today. I can create the same train of thought why you are the scum who only feeds from information confirmed by others (Vincent, Me&Robin and potentially Fabien since multiple unconfirmed people knew about the coordination - fyi in case you'd be lazy to read back) just as the same way it was done against Justin.

This is the same indirect reasoning why you guys are voting a claimed player with the same convenient claims. Go for it. He is one of the blocked, one less scummy player. Also just a Voyeur. And if he flips town you guys can keep doing your rumbling with zero confirmation about any action you've made so far. There is still 5 of you with no claims whatsoever. Only Aiden told us he is actually a passive role.

Again, what we are going to need after this lynch are target claims, actions and confirmations. We need to find gaps and contradictions, and not letting blocked players leading the thread with theories which could be just as true for them as well.

24 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Except you was voting on a wagon with a confirmed scum.

Hardly a bandwagon and just about any vote with more than a few people is likely to have a scum on it. In this case, a scum you never voted for. Even without carefully reading every word, I know you've never been part of a vote that lynched a scum.

25 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Are we both scum?

Maybe we're both the same person, or maybe everyone is you. What if this is all in your head and you're only fighting yourself? :grin: 

27 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Am I pulling any votes from Justin now?

You're certainly not putting one on.

28 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

For the record the only reason I'm not voting for you is the exact same reason I'm not voting for Justin today. As I've said there is no way I'm going for a claimed player today. I can create the same train of thought why you are the scum who only feeds from information confirmed by others (Vincent, Me&Robin and potentially Fabien since multiple unconfirmed people knew about the coordination - fyi in case you'd be lazy to read back) just as the same way it was done against Justin.

There is absolutely no way I could confirm my role any more than I have. If I reveal first, you gripe, if I reveal last, you gripe. There's a pattern here: you gripe.

As for information confirmed by others, maybe you people should keep your mouths shut in private, since you clearly think the things you're discussing are being leaked outside your group. Seems like a you problem. I have talked very little to very few people and not revealed anything until I knew they couldn't use it to interfere. So far, that has worked for me. Shame you haven't done the same, assuming you're not just scum and enjoying all the behind the scenes information.

31 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Go for it. He is one of the blocked, one less scummy player.

Is it being blocked that makes him scummy, or are you admitting he actually IS scummy, yet still not getting your vote?

33 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Again, what we are going to need after this lynch are target claims, actions and confirmations. We need to find gaps and contradictions, and not letting blocked players leading the thread with theories which could be just as true for them as well.

Ah, there we go, the scum clearly don't have enough inside information, they need it all neatly presented to them. That's been working well so far, huh?

34 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

Is it being blocked that makes him scummy, or are you admitting he actually IS scummy, yet still not getting your vote?

There is nothing to admit. He is as scummy as you are, only he was blocked, yes. Also Fabien and Vincent were blocked, now they are very quick to point fingers at the only claimed blocked player. Like they wouldn't have given us jack sh*t themselves so far. 

I won't vote for claimed players today who can't be proven wrong with contradictions. End of story. 

35 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

Ah, there we go, the scum clearly don't have enough inside information, they need it all neatly presented to them. That's been working well so far, huh?

Presented to them :'D My god, presented what? There are already 2 blockers, a jailer, you as a tracker and a protector out in the open. What do you think, the Scum did not figure out already who to target and who to suspect with even more dangerous roles? Don't you think we are quite able to keep the other lurkers kept under lock until the end?

What is your plan, I'll keep jailing Vincent, making him worthless until the very end? He contacted both Andrew and Fred yesterday, but he did not contact me. Why? He trusted Andrew with a contact (the more dangerous scum candidate than Justin) and Fred who is only confirmed blocker now. But not me, while he said he may talk about details in PM. While he completely knew he is not going to say anything in PM. Which means he was bullshiting around to create empty text.

I was the only confirmed blocker last night. And for some funny reason he forgot to contact me so I did it myself instead. This is his answer:

On 4/21/2020 at 7:18 AM, Vincent Denis said:

My role is useless if it's revealed to the wrong person, but isn't the most important town role. The town will be able to succeed without me around and without me here, it may help you focus your skills on actual scum, so if you're going to use your role to protect someone, choose someone with more value. If you want to test me out as potential killer, feel free to block me too. I don't mind being scrutinized that way. 

How is this not as scummy as Justin?

• His role is useless if revealed? No shit. I guess that's the best definiton of the role "SCUM". 
  • Not the most important town role? No shit, then stop asking for patience and stop pointing fingers on claimed players without any exact information.
  • Town will be able to succeed without him? Then why the hiding? Why would he be more valuable than any other claimed player?
  • Choose someone with more value! MORE VALUE! What more value? Where? Gosh, this is the most forced scum talk.
  • If I want to test him out as potential killer....aaaand there you are. I tested him out and we got no kill.

What is the master plan? Do you want us to keep blocking him instead blocking other players if he is no scum? If he is no scum why would you want that? If he is no scum why could Robin not protect him for one night again? All of us claimed players have to be confirmed every day from now on. If Robin would be blocked and one of us could not confirm themselves, we know what to do about that. If Robin is killed instead, he is not killed and is free to do his Town-action. If Robin gets no explicit player to defend how are we going to ever confirm him?

If one of the claimed blockers is scum, again, what is your master plan? Keep getting blocked and figure it out at the end with your zero intel? Or do you plan to wait until we blockers and jailer, even the claimed protector are dead? What will your weapon be after that?

8 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

But I'd like to point out that if I were scum, wouldn't I be putting up more of a fight?

Now this IMO has nothing to do with dictating alignment. :laugh: Player activity from someone who is getting lynched is all over the place no matter their alignment. Very weak argument.

5 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

and you still aren't, and to this day, no one has disagreed with me on the subject.

The fact that I stopped busting his balls is proof against this. 

5 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

Your switch from Justin to Alex came midway, a safe position to hide in, and then brought 3 people along after. Completely shifted the momentum to someone we ultimately found out was town. When you pulled out of the Alex vote after reaching the number needed for a lynch and then tried to push me to replace your vote, it made me incredibly suspicious, like you knew he was town and wanted to distance yourself from a lynch you supposedly believed in enough to originally support. I wondered how long before you would come along to try to take credit for that. :laugh:

That goes back to you since Daniel himself said he wanted to see if you'd hammer Alex. If Daniel is scum (or town lol), then I'd say he was hoping to have more reason to rip into you in the morning.

So...you're welcome for saving you from any further wrath of Daniel's text walls? :pir_tong2:

14 minutes ago, Aiden Leon said:

So...you're welcome for saving you from any further wrath of Daniel's text walls? :pir_tong2:

:pir-cry_sad: I can go without text walls if it makes things anything easier. I could say I'm voting for Vincent, period, end of post.

The truth is I would also vote for Fabien because I want to know their role in this game. I can't speak for Andrew and Fred alone naturally but I don't see letting these two off the hook tonight until a Justin Reynaud really flips scum tomorrow. Framing or not we can't take the risk until they give us a good reason to. If they are not scum, this will just render them actionless and I don't see why would they benefit from that.

Jean was pushing his intel and he was killed for it by becoming too obvious for the scum. If Fabien does the same with Justin now, I don't see how could we protect him this way.

Vote Count:
Justin Reynaud - 6 (Fabien Bellamy, Robin Tremblay, Emmett Ware, Fred Dumont, Andrew Laurent, Vincent Denis)
Vincent Denis - 2 (Daniel Lucas, Justin Reynaud)

With 11 players, a majority of 6 is required to lynch. About 25 hours remain in this day.

1 hour ago, Aiden Leon said:

The fact that I stopped busting his balls is proof against this. 

Can't read your mind and this isn't the first time I've made the comment, so I'll take you as the exception. Honestly, I thought you might have just gotten tired of replying, knowing it tends to incur his replies. :laugh:

If Daniel is scum (or town lol), then I'd say he was hoping to have more reason to rip into you in the morning.

A fair theory and certainly one I've considered. It would be incredibly petty to do it just for that, but ...

You did reduce them a bit, and for that I am thankful.

10 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Yes, I remember someone voicing the same thing on D2. Would you tell us what was your motivation in roleclaiming Voyeur in PM to me and Vincent? You said "in case you are getting killed". But honestly why the Scum would have wanted you dead if you are Town? You were openly named as the main suspect by 3 other players already. For what it's worth, I did not tell you Fred is going to block the sh*t out of you, because either you were ready to make another clumsy Voyeur move on me or you were up to no good. Why not just claiming the day before?

As much as a person can be at this point I am convinced that Vincent and/or Aiden are scum. Since I keep pointing out their scumminess it seemed a likely possibility that I would be targeted for murder last night. I didn't claim D3 since I wasn't going to be lynched. I was ready to if the heat had stayed on me.

Here's some more thoughts on Vincent. He's posted long lists to try to get people to go after me twice now. Here's the first one:

On 4/16/2020 at 11:05 PM, Vincent Denis said:

Vote: Justin Reynauld 

because—let me count the ways:

1. Poke voting Joshua to seem active but not actually having a reason to do so. His reason was "to get everyone talking." How does a poke vote of one person get everyone talking. He's said he's had previous experience that a poke vote has gotten every player talking but when pressed, didn't provide examples. 
  2. Not removing his vote from Joshua for the duel-reason of keeping people talking and not finding Joshua's posts sufficient. It can't be both.
  3. For voicing suspicion about Joshua but never voicing the biggest concern that his posts didn't reflect reality: Saying Fred and Emmett were pushing for a no-lynch when they weren't. 
  4. For telling us he didn't want Joshua lynched and then telling us that he did, despite us being able to see that he did say he wasn't in favor of the Joshua lynch. This after keeping his vote on Joshua throughout the duration of Day One.
  5. For, supposedly, not knowing he was the hammer vote for Joshua. Oh, oops. I didn't realize.
  6. For PMing Daniel to inquire about his suspicion of me, and then not responding, seeming to Daniel (as stated earlier today) that it was just an attempt to set up a wagon on me the next day. From what Daniel communicated to us, I agree with that. I feel his posts have also been pushing for an eventual lynch of me, and I know I'm town. 

Justin, I'm pretty sure you're scum so I'll place this vote now to give plenty chance to prove yourself. It's early enough in the day for you to convince us otherwise, or further show your scummy hand. Your vote on Joshua seems like bussing, even though you didn't even do that convincingly like you were afraid of pointing out his scummiest actions.

and here's the second:

23 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

I'm suspicious of Justin because:

1. The whole poke-vote thing I never believed.
  2. While he claimed to have found Joshua suspicious, he didn't point out that Joshua was wrong about (whoever they were) pushing for a no-lynch.
  3. He said he didn't think Joshua should be lynched on day two, then on day three said he'd been in favor of it.
  4. "Didn't realize" he was the hammer vote on Joshua.
  5. The PM with Daniel.
  6. Admitting to targeting Jean on Night Two and being blocked last night, when there was no kill.
  7. PMing me to claim his role after supposedly finding me the most suspicious and me detailing my suspicions about him every day of this game. Me having a conflict with Daniel throughout this game or not, I'm an odd chose to claim the role to.

Notice how 5 of the items on the 2nd list are the same as the first list. Which I already answered. Why does he keep bringing up old arguments? Because he doesn't have enough new information to use to try to convince you all. He saw that the town wanted to lynch 1 of the 3 blocked players. So he's trying to turn the attention onto me to keep it off him. But he doesn't have enough reasons so he keeps rehashing the old ones. Add to that the fact that I've also answered #6 and #7 of his list and you can see that he is just desperate to try to lynch me.

5 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

What is the master plan? Do you want us to keep blocking him instead blocking other players if he is no scum? If he is no scum why would you want that? If he is no scum why could Robin not protect him for one night again? All of us claimed players have to be confirmed every day from now on. If Robin would be blocked and one of us could not confirm themselves, we know what to do about that. If Robin is killed instead, he is not killed and is free to do his Town-action. If Robin gets no explicit player to defend how are we going to ever confirm him?

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

I can't even follow your line of thought after the second sentence. But yes, by all means, block me again. Like I said to you and Robin, and a couple of others, I prefer not to be protected. This is an ego thing, I don't like being lynched as town and I have a misplaced sense of pride that it has rarely happened. But I do love leaving the game through a night kill. Shows that I've been doing my job. Yes, it's egotistical but it's true. And as I've said, my role is useless if revealed to the wrong person, but it's not the most important role, so the town will succeed without me. You may have heard me say this in the repeated PM quotes from Daniel. And he wonders why I didn't give him any information about my role last night. :pir-hmpf: So, I would prefer to be blocked again, but would forego protection for someone with a more important role. But, we may need to let Daniel keep jailkeeping me, because Andrew & Fred, be forewarned, if you end up blocking me and there is a kill, Daniel will probably think you're scum too.

At this point, Daniel could hack my account, read my town role PM and then come back to the game accusing Bob of being scum. The game's going to end and Daniel's going to see that he's been screaming for days that I was scum when I was not and it's going to be my fault for my unprofessional play style. I can stand up to the scrutiny, I don't mind. But we would stand a much better chance at beating the scum if Daniel could focus on actual scum.

2 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

:pir-cry_sad: I can go without text walls if it makes things anything easier. I could say I'm voting for Vincent, period, end of post.

Can you, though? You've been told by multiple people that it will make things easier and it hasn't stopped you yet. If it makes it easier for you, I think everyone understands the overall point of all of your walls of text: you think I'm scum.

2 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

The truth is I would also vote for Fabien because I want to know their role in this game. I can't speak for Andrew and Fred alone naturally but I don't see letting these two off the hook tonight until a Justin Reynaud really flips scum tomorrow. Framing or not we can't take the risk until they give us a good reason to. If they are not scum, this will just render them actionless and I don't see why would they benefit from that.

In my opinion, that's not a good reason to vote for someone. Wanting to know their role and thinking they're scum aren't mutually exclusive. Put down your arms for a second and consider this, just because you want information doesn't mean you should have it. We all want to know all of the information in the game because that's what the game is about, figuring out who the informed minority is. Not everyone can reveal their information publicly and still be effective. You having that information isn't as important as keeping the town in the best possible position to beat the scum. If Fabien and I are both town and claiming roles that are useless if revealed to the scum then us revealing that information before we know Justin's alignment is bad for the town.

I would agree that Fabien and I should be blocked again. Fabien's suggestion that the scum may choose not to kill bothers me when we're broadcasting a Night Action plan like this, though. If we are both town, and the scum can choose not to kill then they will coast along on us lynching townies until they outnumber us. With three supposed blockers in play, they can keep us occupied for several days lynching blocked townies. So, is there another way to try and confirm one of us? Maybe block one, track the other? That way, we're not stuck in a block-lynch loop that the scum could take advantage of?

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Crazy insane! Got no brain! *Fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

Just now, Vincent Denis said:

So, is there another way to try and confirm one of us? Maybe block one, track the other? That way, we're not stuck in a block-lynch loop that the scum could take advantage of?

Hell no.

You are two being locked down as far as I'm concerned until you are not cleared with new information.

There is always risk to it, but letting you go after this no kill night is even riskier. Even your suggestion is scummy all over the place. Track who? And how will you confirm the tracker telling the truth? Another tracker? Or you? Cut the bullshit and cut this "Yes block us, please" reversed psychology talk. If you'd be anything of a useful town you should be ready to compromise and grab the chance to actually use your action, despite the possibility of being the next kill target, which you already are either way if you are not scum. We are all potential kill targets at this point. You said yourself you are not even that important. So maybe you shall just start to be a teamplayer.

Yes, I'll directly ask Andrew and Fred with the night coordination to organize ourselves with keeping you two under control until we'll see what Justin turns out to be. And if you guys are town you should realize giving us information is much better then keep being blocked. If the scum is taking advantage of this, it is because of you, acting like snowflakes, while saying you are not even that important. If you are town you should know that we can block 2 other people instead of you which would improve our odds to catch a scum. If you are town...

Don't even try to sneak out of this.

Are there any other town members paying attention? Do you see how Vincent and Daniel continue to control the narrative? If no one else has their own opinions and is happy to just follow V or D into the sunset then just vote for the day to end early and get this over with. If I can't help you through my living, then let me help you by my lynching. I'm anxious for you to see that I flip town so you can go after the real scum.

Just now, Justin Reynaud said:

If no one else has their own opinions and is happy to just follow V or D into the sunset then just vote for the day to end early and get this over with.

Fair enough. The others have clearly made up their mind about you by now.

Vote: End the day early

1 hour ago, Justin Reynaud said:

Add to that the fact that I've also answered #6 and #7 of his list and you can see that he is just desperate to try to lynch me.

Of course he is - cause he'd rather you be lynched than him :) However, he should be keeping in mind that if you do flip town, then he will REALLY be in the hot seat tomorrow. 

26 minutes ago, Justin Reynaud said:

Are there any other town members paying attention? Do you see how Vincent and Daniel continue to control the narrative? If no one else has their own opinions and is happy to just follow V or D into the sunset then just vote for the day to end early and get this over with. If I can't help you through my living, then let me help you by my lynching. I'm anxious for you to see that I flip town so you can go after the real scum.

I absolutely see that they are controlling the narrative. The question is - are they doing that because one or both is scum and trying to mislead, or because they're both townies trying their hardest to win? Either is possible. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to lynch them. If you do flip town, then I'd say odds are high that Vincent is in the noose tomorrow to test out his claims and protestations. again, in a scenario where you are revealed at town, then the best thing for him would be to be blocked again and a scum kill happen. That wouldn't prove he's not scum. It's just show that he's not the scum killer. But the 3 of us will discuss tonight who to block. I don't think making the plan publicly here is wise. I DO think we should bring Emmett into the loop to coordinate the tracking and blocking abilities. 

For what it's worth it looks like Emmett is a confirmed Tracker so I can only agree. Let's coordinate together and see how it turns out. I also agree that further details about this should be discussed privately.

Vincent, thank you for re-clarifying on why Justin would tell you he targeted Jean.  It makes sense to me now.

21 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

For the record, I role claimed to him because I thought I had a good chance of getting murdered last night. I wanted my info to be available to the town if I died. I gave it to Daniel and Vincent since they have low odds of being on the same team. Could I have picked someone else? Sure, but I wanted to minimize how many people I shared my role with that night and Daniel and Vincent seemed like the best odds.

No one targeting Andrew and Jean being murdered are the pieces of information you wanted to make sure got shared.  I don't see why that was so important if not to get Vincent off your back.

19 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

Every time there's no lyrics, it's just the Meow Mix song.

I can't unhear this.  Thanks!

15 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Yes, I am disappointed that we went for Justin this fast. No, not because I kEeP dEfEndIng hIm, but because I wanted more pressure on Vincent and Fabien. I think this Voyeur claim is pretty weak, almost too weak for a Scum move. Why not just claiming to target some blocked player with confirmed actions already taken on them. Like our dear Tracker, Emmett did, who could have claimed his N3 action very easily if the coordination was leaked. Don't you think, Robin? Don't you agree, Peter? 

Not really.  Scum aren't going to claim a mainstream PR unless they know that it doesn't exist on the town side.  Scum often have claims like this.

I don't think Vincent and Daniel are controlling the narrative entirely.  The blocking actions from last night are controlling the narrative and they happen to be the most vocal about it.  At this point, the idea that Vincent and Daniel are likely to be the most vocal about anything seems like the least unexpected thing that can possibly happen.  The question of the blocks and no kill last night needs to be sorted out.  At this point, I still agree that Justin is the scummiest of those in that group.

Vote: Justin Reynaud

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

2 minutes ago, Justin Reynaud said:

Damn it all, tomorrow would fucking suck if you were to flip town. All 96 hours of the day would be filled with wall of text after wall of text from Daniel against Fabien and me, mostly me I'm sure. Nothing, in my opinion, would be worse than you flipping town. I may even vote for myself if that ends up happening because it would be nothing but misery. Everything thing I've said in this game has been true and every suspicion has been sincere. 

23 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

1. You insist on getting answers from players even when they have already answered. Want proof? Go read this again.
2. You have been inconsistent and hide it behind text walls. Proof is here.
3. Every time someone hints you might be scum you get ultra-defensive.
4. You have worked to control the narrative from Day One. Anyone who questions you is wrong. Anyone who states an argument you find disagreeable is wrong. Then you insist that they defend themselves against you ad nauseam. Obviously we are all trying to weed out the scum, but the way you have powered through each day seeking to control everything being said pings so loud as scum.

Let's discuss these things since we have plenty of time left. If you're town, I'm town, so that would mean either Fabien is the killer who was blocked or the killer was someone like Trenton or Peter, who haven't claimed roles and have been flying under the radar, and they targeted me. So, let me answer the concerns you listed. After I asked for specific examples of poke votes having an effect, you mentioned Day One of Pirates II. To my knowledge, poke votes didn't produce any results in that game. What effect do you think they had there? And the "proof" that I've been inconsistent isn't proof of any such thing. The point I was making was that, in the past, scum have "poke-voted" their inactive scum buddies, in order to appear active. And even if that was inconsistent (which it wasn't) one example of inconsistency doesn't add up to scummy inconsistencies. Now, your accusations in points number 3 and 4 sound more to me like Daniel, but maybe that's because I'm not seeing my own actions clearly as I truly think I'm being helpful. Daniel has questioned me a million (I've counted) times and I haven't once voted for him. Similarly, other people have questioned me and I've answered patiently, at least in my own estimation of my behavior. Maybe you are still mixing the two of us up. Everything I've done has been in the interest of weeding out the scum. Looking at your list, I don't see myself, but I'm open to advice or corroboration from anybody reading this in order to improve my communication. Last thing I want to be is what Justin is describing here. Sorry if I've truly made anyone feel this way.

1 hour ago, Justin Reynaud said:

Notice how 5 of the items on the 2nd list are the same as the first list. Which I already answered. Why does he keep bringing up old arguments? Because he doesn't have enough new information to use to try to convince you all. He saw that the town wanted to lynch 1 of the 3 blocked players. So he's trying to turn the attention onto me to keep it off him. But he doesn't have enough reasons so he keeps rehashing the old ones. Add to that the fact that I've also answered #6 and #7 of his list and you can see that he is just desperate to try to lynch me.

Lynching you is not possible alone and I'd hardly considerate it desperate since I've voiced my suspicions of you every day of this game, consistently. I find it decidedly inconvenient that I was blocked on the same night that there was no kill since I know I'm neither a killer, nor scum. Knowing this, and finding you suspicious throughout the game, of course I was going to vote for you today. Even you've admitted that you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and didn't know you were the hammer on Joshua, so shouldn't the town be suspicious of you? Please accept my deepest apologies if you are town, especially if this is your first game. Our games are typically a lot more fun that this. Or, at least, I think they are. In answer to your point above that five of the items are the same, yes. That would show consistency, by the way. I was putting all the concerns I've had about you throughout the game in one place so it would be easier for everyone to understand all of my suspicions. I was asking you to do the same, so of course I would do the same for you.

There's a lot of time left in the day and three people who haven't voted yet. That's plenty of time and votes to look at the game outside of the interactions between Daniel and me and get a picture of the whole game. If you're town, I encourage you to take what you have and fight. Hell, even if you're scum I'd encourage it. I have the utmost respect for people who play their roles. Either way, Justin, go for it. Don't let anything that has happened in this game discourage you from playing mafia. I, of course, don't want the lynch to turn on me, but if you end up achieving that, at least Daniel will see that I'm not scum and maybe that will make the game progress more smoothly. And if you're scum, they'll get you tomorrow. I hope this post is helpful no matter what your alignment is. I've spent a shitload of time composing it. I hope it's appreciated.

For everyone, I really think that's one thing we should keep in mind when expressing suspicions: our roles are randomly selected. The people playing scum aren't bad people, so there's no need to attack anyone you're suspicious of. I know I contributed to that on Day One with my heavy amounts of sarcasm and for that I truly apologize, again. I'm not having any fun in this game and I'm really trying to be positive and productive. Stepping out of the game for a moment, as a fellow player I respectfully ask that people take a few breaths and post calmly. We could all use positive energy right now. Giving game advice to the person I suspect the most has been the best I've felt in this game. EB Mafia has always been about having a good time playing an informed minority game. I, personally, would love if it could continue to be that for everyone.  

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Good enough for me and Bobby McGee *Fwomma fwom, fwomma fwomma, fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

2 hours ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Of course he is - cause he'd rather you be lynched than him :) However, he should be keeping in mind that if you do flip town, then he will REALLY be in the hot seat tomorrow. 

I absolutely see that they are controlling the narrative. The question is - are they doing that because one or both is scum and trying to mislead, or because they're both townies trying their hardest to win? Either is possible. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to lynch them. If you do flip town, then I'd say odds are high that Vincent is in the noose tomorrow to test out his claims and protestations. again, in a scenario where you are revealed at town, then the best thing for him would be to be blocked again and a scum kill happen. That wouldn't prove he's not scum. It's just show that he's not the scum killer. But the 3 of us will discuss tonight who to block. I don't think making the plan publicly here is wise. I DO think we should bring Emmett into the loop to coordinate the tracking and blocking abilities. 

If one of the blockers is scum they could just coordinate with Vincent to block him. And if he's not the killer that would make him look faultless in your eyes. Just watch out, because Vincent is very good and making other people look the other way from him.

1 hour ago, Peter Lyon said:

No one targeting Andrew and Jean being murdered are the pieces of information you wanted to make sure got shared.  I don't see why that was so important if not to get Vincent off your back.

As a townie I wanted every piece of information available to my team possible. If anyone made claims about targeting Andrew, or Andrew made a claim about being targeted on N1 I wanted it out there for the town to know. Clearly no one needed to be told, again, that Jean was murdered. But that's who I tracked so I'm giving you the honest results. 

51 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Let's discuss these things since we have plenty of time left. If you're town, I'm town, so that would mean either Fabien is the killer who was blocked or the killer was someone like Trenton or Peter, who haven't claimed roles and have been flying under the radar, and they targeted me.

This is great scum logic. Bolded is the WIFOM tactic. This another play to make yourself look town no matter what happens. If you lynch me and I flip town, then you claim you must be town. Where the proof of that is you conveniently leave out. If you lynch me and I flip scum, then you must town since you've been calling for my lynch. Either way, you are trying to build a case that you are town no matter what happens. Ping! Scum tactic.

51 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Lynching you is not possible alone and I'd hardly considerate it desperate since I've voiced my suspicions of you every day of this game, consistently. I find it decidedly inconvenient that I was blocked on the same night that there was no kill since I know I'm neither a killer, nor scum. Knowing this, and finding you suspicious throughout the game, of course I was going to vote for you today. Even you've admitted that you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and didn't know you were the hammer on Joshua, so shouldn't the town be suspicious of you? Please accept my deepest apologies if you are town, especially if this is your first game. Our games are typically a lot more fun that this. Or, at least, I think they are. In answer to your point above that five of the items are the same, yes. That would show consistency, by the way. I was putting all the concerns I've had about you throughout the game in one place so it would be easier for everyone to understand all of my suspicions. I was asking you to do the same, so of course I would do the same for you.

My behavior has been suspicious. I've admitted it and I can understand why their is a case against me. But, my actions have been consistent with my claims. There are no loopholes in my story because I've been telling the truth. Whereas your actions have been suspicious. I hate to parrot Daniel, but not knowing your role or who you've targeted during the nights gives us nothing to go on but your word. 

As a townie I feel its my duty to help the rest of the town get closer to finding the scum. It seems certain that either Daniel or Vincent is scum. I'm throwing all my chips in on Vincent. After I flip town you can then lynch him. But even then, if by some miracle we are both town, you will know for certain that Daniel is scum. I just hope there enough townies left by that point to still win.

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

13 minutes ago, Justin Reynaud said:

If you lynch me and I flip scum, then you must town since you've been calling for my lynch. Either way, you are trying to build a case that you are town no matter what happens.

*huh* What a very bizarre thing for a townie to say...

*Fwoooooooooom fwoooooom, fwomma fwomma fwom, fwomma* :pir-sing: Beggin' darlin, please, Layla *Fwomma fwomma fwom fwomma*