Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Four

GE14K8S.jpg

Players Only Please in your anonymous accounts! Make sure you change your password!

Day Four: Silent Night

y6KSTQd.jpg

Once again the garrison enjoyed a hearty breakfast while Vincent played his tuba once more, this time without anything stuck in it.

dsXJLio.jpg

"It seems we've all survived the night." the Governor started. "Unfortunately, Alex Howe was a Loyal Soldier. Better luck today."

---

Day Four has now begun! There are 72 hours left in this day. With 11 players, a majority of 6 is required to send someone to the firing line.

Please note that days will no longer be 96 hours, but instead 72.

Players (11):
GuyRnny.jpg
Governor Broadside - NPC
5jmZSYC.jpg
Fred Dumont - Lieutenant
6gwcCbE.jpg
Peter Lyon - Lieutenant of the Fort
Iu2hDWN.jpg
Daniel Lucas - Seaman
K6YJ1K2.jpg
Trenton Monette - Sergeant
EbeuZP5.jpg
Justin Reynaud - Soldier
6vrQMD7.jpg
Emmett Ware - Soldier
dmaHAdw.jpg
Andrew Laurent - Soldier
YQUXzCd.jpg
Aiden Leon - Soldier
zwWiPUx.jpg
Fabien Bellamy - Trumpeter
3OazMdx.jpg
Vincent Denis - Tubist
jI6NjAe.jpg
Robin Tremblay - Conductor

The Dead:
AbBMdQJ.jpg
Remi Blaise - Blown to pieces on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
hCpWzHz.jpg
Michael Lavoie - Mod-killed on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
eym0u3t.jpg
Joshua Levitt - Executed on Day Two (Imperial Guard)
8omDvnY.jpg
Jean Pelley - Stabbed in the back on Night Two (Loyal Soldier)
eC1vqL5.jpg
Alex Howe - Shot on Day Three (Loyal Soldier)

Rules (VERY IMPORTANT):
1) Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is anonymous, you are not to disclose your character anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are. 
2) In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private.
3) You are either a Loyal Soldier or an Imperial Guard. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the scum will win. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.
4) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
5) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote as soon as the day starts. Note, even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. If the day length needs to be shortened at any time, I will make that decision.
      5a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads. You can only PM during the night phase, please, including scum.
6) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.
7) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
8) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. When you die, you are not to reveal your identity or participation if you decided to sign up anonymously.
9) Don't edit your posts, please!
10) Please try to post every day!

11) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures
12) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

Please ensure you are posting in the anonymous accounts that I have sent to you! Do not post in your Eurobricks account! 

Crap. So Alex was telling the truth about being vanilla. What a crappy position for him to be in - almost like being a miller or something, where you know your claim will be suspect. 

So we've got Vincent being jailed - maybe he was the target of the scum and so he was protected, or maybe he was the scum killer. I'm still leaning town, but it has to be considered. 

I coordinated with Daniel and Fred on our blocks last night. I was successful on my block, but I don't want to reveal the name of who just yet. They are obviously someone who must now be a big suspect of being a scum killer. Fred's block target (if it was successful) would likewise be a strong suspect. I'm waiting on the names of our block-ees in case they come in and claim something, since we've still got 3 blocked people to consider. We've got plenty of time today to hash it out once more people show up and we see if anything else happened overnight. 

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

I thought to look this up, unfortunately, after the day had ended. Role Madness "few to no true vanilla townies," so it can be both. Alex was vanilla and this is still role madness. So, it doesn't tell us much about our three blockers.

8 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Vincent spent the night in a comfy cell aboard the Clipper. I figured he was up to no good. Either to pilfer our rum supplies...or worse.

Aw, thanks. I told you I didn't want to be protected, but that was nice of you. Who were the three people that were blocked last night? And I'll point out that while I was in jail, I was also protected from being killed, so I could be the killer or the target. I'm not the killer and I have no way of knowing if I was the target or not.

Speaking of being protected, I PMed Robin and specifically asked him not to protect me. I was curious about the restrictions he mentioned attached to his role. He wouldn't explain them because he doesn't trust me. I find it odd that he would protect me on night two but not trust me on night three.

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwommma fwoooooooooooooooom*

I’m intrigued to hear who Fred and Andrew blocked last night. Vincent could indeed have been targeted last night. Or Robin could have successfully protected a target. I’m guessing he’s either X-shot or he can only kill on alternate nights? 

To honor our late friend Jean, here is my brief 'no shit' analysis:

• The killer made no move, possibly to wait out or to frame blocked players.
  • One of the 3 blocked players is the killer. One of them is Vincent.
  • Vincent was the kill target, but he waaaaas.....wait for it.....protected by me, since I'm still a humble jailer.
  • Someone else was the kill target potentially protected by Robin.

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom*

What do we think of having three protector claims now? As I pointed out, this still could be role madness. With this many roles you think one of us would've reported being blocked at some point to a blocker that we couldn't trace to one of the three claims. Do we think the scum blocker would be that ineffective?

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom*

*three blocker claims. 

15 minutes ago, Trenton Monette said:

I’m intrigued to hear who Fred and Andrew blocked last night. Vincent could indeed have been targeted last night. Or Robin could have successfully protected a target. I’m guessing he’s either X-shot or he can only kill on alternate nights? 

*Fwom fwom— *huh*

Who do you figure can only kill on alternate nights?

*Fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwooooooooom, fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwoooooooooooom* :sing: Lay your weary head to rest!!

27 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Aw, thanks. I told you I didn't want to be protected, but that was nice of you. Who were the three people that were blocked last night? And I'll point out that while I was in jail, I was also protected from being killed, so I could be the killer or the target. I'm not the killer and I have no way of knowing if I was the target or not.

Can you verify that you were at least blocked by Daniel? 

5 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

What do we think of having three protector claims now? As I pointed out, this still could be role madness. With this many roles you think one of us would've reported being blocked at some point to a blocker that we couldn't trace to one of the three claims. Do we think the scum blocker would be that ineffective?

*three blocker claims. 

I think 3 blocker claims (well, 2 blockers and a jailer) could easily be legit, but that doesn't mean the blockers are all TOWN. We also technically don't have any proof that Daniel is a jailer rather than a regular blocker... But as the 3 of us discussed last night, any of the three of us could be a scum blocker trying to get trusted as town. 

Ninja'd by multiple - but I think Vincent was trying to make the same point as me, that one of our blocker claims could be a scum blocker. 

I think we should wait until people tell us what happened to them last night. I'd urge Fred not to tell who he blocked until they confirm back, as Andrew has suggested.

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

I thought to look this up, unfortunately, after the day had ended. Role Madness "few to no true vanilla townies," so it can be both. Alex was vanilla and this is still role madness. So, it doesn't tell us much about our three blockers. 

Better late then never, huh? :pir-tongue: I don't think our host is bound by any specific rules, so whatever is defined on Mafia Wiki is irrelevant if Bob decided that he wanted precisely one vanilla player in the game. I thought that it was obvious from the fact that no one else claimed vanilla to support Alex.

53 minutes ago, Trenton Monette said:

Freudian slip, hmm...

51 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

To honor our late friend Jean, here is my brief 'no shit' analysis:

• The killer made no move, possibly to wait out or to frame blocked players.
  • Vincent was the kill target, but he waaaaas.....wait for it.....protected by me, since I'm still a humble jailer.
  • Someone else was the kill target potentially protected by Robin.

I think that covers it well.

44 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

*three blocker claims. 

We must consider that not all Town roles are in play every night. Some like Robin might have a limited number of shots. Other roles might be completely passive. Perhaps they avoided targeting the known PRs for some reason? Other option, there might not be any Scum blockers. But if they have one, my bet is that it's one of the three known blockers. It's an easy way to explain any night activity and maintain the pretense of collaborating with Town.

25 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

I think we should wait until people tell us what happened to them last night. I'd urge Fred not to tell who he blocked until they confirm back, as Andrew has suggested. 

Wait, I thought the point was to validate Fred and Andrew as blockers, since they had only blocked each other so far?

10 minutes ago, Fabien Bellamy said:

I thought that it was obvious from the fact that no one else claimed vanilla to support Alex.

*Fwom fwom —:pir_mad:

You thought it was obvious? I also thought it was obvious that nobody claimed vanilla to support him but that didn't give me an indication, either way, as to his affiliation. He could've been telling the truth or he could've been lying. Yes, scum should've been ready with roleclaims, but as we've mentioned, Alex was inactive and admittedly busy so there was the possibility he was scum and missed the coordination or misunderstood, whatever. We know that's not the case, because now we see he was telling the truth, but how would you think that it was obvious unless you already knew he was town?

*Fwooooooom fwom fwom fwommma fwom, Fwooooooooooom fwom fwom fwomma fwom* :sing: Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity *Fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma*

14 minutes ago, Fabien Bellamy said:

Wait, I thought the point was to validate Fred and Andrew as blockers, since they had only blocked each other so far?

Yes. And now that both Fred and Andrew said they were successful I guess we should see if they are getting confirmation.

Just now, Vincent Denis said:

how would you think that it was obvious unless you already knew he was town?

This is a very good question, but Fabien did not vote for him. But also was not very eager to emphasize this opinion about Alex if I remember correctly...

*Fwom fwom —:pir_mad:

You thought it was obvious? I also thought it was obvious that nobody claimed vanilla to support him but that didn't give me an indication, either way, as to his affiliation. He could've been telling the truth or he could've been lying. Yes, scum should've been ready with roleclaims, but as we've mentioned, Alex was inactive and admittedly busy so there was the possibility he was scum and missed the coordination or misunderstood, whatever. We know that's not the case, because now we see he was telling the truth, but how would you think that it was obvious unless you already knew he was town? 

*Fwooooooom fwom fwom fwommma fwom, Fwooooooooooom fwom fwom fwomma fwom* :sing: Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity *Fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma*

You misunderstand me. I'm saying that it's obvious that there could have be a vanilla player in the game, regardless of what people think of what should be the game setup, or what it was in a past game. I don't think that you can justify your vote based on what Mafia Wiki says is allowed or possible to do. It just looks to me like you're trying to over-explain that you (and others) have made an false assumption. :pir-sceptic:

7 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Yes. And now that both Fred and Andrew said they were successful I guess we should see if they are getting confirmation. 

I was blocked, so was it one of you two?

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom*

Imma come right out and say I think Fabien and Robin are a scum team. I think Robin is a JOAT, or possible a limited shot framer. Just ruminating here, but anyway...pardon me while I go through all of Fabien's thoughts while he was thinking it was obvious that Bob had made Alex the only vanilla townie: :pir-hmpf:

On 4/19/2020 at 8:16 AM, Fabien Bellamy said:

Moreover, if you think that Alex is Scum because of his vanilla claim, then he can't be the killer either.

No mention of it being obvious here.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:06 PM, Fabien Bellamy said:

Either it is role madness, or someone is a scum blocker. Perhaps explaining your target choices can help (and I'm speaking in general, not only to Andrew). Why did Fred choose to block Peter instead of Robin or Aiden (his votes on day 1) ? Why did Andrew block (or should I say vanilaize :pir_wacko:) Peter?

Nope, no mention here. Just concentrating on one of the claimed blockers possibly being scum. 

On 4/16/2020 at 11:33 PM, Fabien Bellamy said:

And before I'm called away on plague business and miss on voting again, I will..

Vote: Justin Raynaud.

I can totally buy into Vincent's analysis here. I also agree with Daniel's suspicions of Emmett, but to me right now Justin seems like a stronger case.

On the other hand, if Justin is lynched and flips Scum, I will be worried. Joshua started off by placing a poke vote on me on day 1. :pir-sceptic:

No rationale about Alex's claim in his reasoning for voting for Justin all day. Did he mention Emmett again after this? Fabien, do you still agree with Daniel about Emmett or are you just trying to stoke the Daniel flames towards his choice of scrutiny yesterday? It's been proven that he digs into his suspicion and posts walls of texts at people he finds suspicious, often arguing all day. I'll call this potential strategy "suspicion tinder."

On 4/17/2020 at 9:46 AM, Justin Reynaud said:

Fabien Bellamy - No claim

From Justin's analysis, no claim from Fabien. Interesting again. If other vanilla players weren't backing up Alex's claim, making it obvious to Fabien that Bob made one vanilla player, then Fabien does something at night.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:29 PM, Fabien Bellamy said:

This is an interesting conundrum. We can fish for claims to try and verify our host's setup. We can use the information to coordinate Town moves. But in doing so we're giving so much information to Scum, it's pathetic. Please stop claiming, and stop fishing for claims. At least don't do it in public, unless it's something uber vital to the current day strategy. Alex could be vanilla, or he could lying about it because he's Scum, or he could be lying about it because he has an important town role, whatever. I don't think it's prudent to keep pushing for more people to give away PRs, unless they're doing it to save their butt.

Emphasis added. Doesn't look like he thinks it's obvious. And this is the meat in a "Don't claim in public" sandwich. That's a good cover for someone who doesn't want to even claim having a role.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:21 PM, Fabien Bellamy said:

But here's the essence of why I'm voting for Justin: he voted for a known Scum twice, once at the very beginning of Day 1 when it was totally inconsequential, then at the end of Day 2 when Joshua's lynch was inevitable, and therefore the vote also inconsequential. What better way to try and dissociate yourself from your Scum buddy?

It's not a proof of Justin's guilt, nothing short of a night result ever will. But it's good enough for me. And I don't need him to claim, Scum can claim very convincingly too.

More justification of voting for Justin, without any reference to the belief or not in Alex's vanilla claim.

On 4/19/2020 at 1:46 PM, Fabien Bellamy said:

Vincent could have a role with a limited number of shots, like Robin. Therefore he wasn't blocked, yet didn't do anything on Night 1.

It's the "like Robin" that gets me here. Without knowing any specific details about it, Fabien seems to believe Robin's claim. So does Robin have a limited number of shots, like he's a Renaissance Man, or a guy who does a bunch of stuff, or a jack-of-all-trades?

On 4/18/2020 at 4:52 PM, Fabien Bellamy said:

The killer might get blocked, but what are the chances? It also could be three Townies, automatically gaining considerable suspicion. Especially if there's a Scum blocker among the claims, and they can pretend to target whoever they choose.

I'm mentioning it, because I want Scum to consider it. Spare a Townie life, confuse us for a Day. I dare them to do it.

This is him defending the idea that the scum might stay home to confuse us over who was blocked, therefore who might the killer be. Oh, the WIFOM considering we didn't see a kill last night. What he leaves out of his analysis is his belief that Robin can protect someone. Wouldn't it also confuse us that the protected target might've been targeted? If Robin has limited shots, doesn't it stand to reason we have a protector out there in addition to him? We used to refer to this as Scum Perspective. Scum is only in control of a block (supposedly), not a protection (also supposedly), so the thought process around the scum confusing the town about who was blocked is not consistent with how a townie would see such a situation. Several people blocked, possibly several people protected. 

These are all pings. I have no concrete evidence against Fabien. 

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom, fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom, fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom* :sing: whiskey bottles piling high!

2 hours ago, Andrew Laurent said:

I coordinated with Daniel and Fred on our blocks last night. I was successful on my block, but I don't want to reveal the name of who just yet.

I know who you targeted, I tracked you last night. Would you prefer to reveal it, or should I?

Just now, Emmett Ware said:

I know who you targeted, I tracked you last night. Would you prefer to reveal it, or should I?

I think they're waiting to hear from the target.

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

2 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Let's not forget that he was either blocked or didn't target anyone on night 1 as well. 

I think they're waiting to hear from the target.

They already have, but the target won't know which one blocked them.

Just now, Emmett Ware said:

Let's not forget that he was either blocked or didn't target anyone on night 1 as well. 

They already have, but the target won't know which one blocked them.

*fwom fwom fwom fwom*

Well, now the cat's out of the bag.

*Fwomma fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom* :sing: Little boy blue and the man in the moon...

10 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

You should. Definitely, since we supposedly know who he targeted.