obijon

[MOC] MINI Tie Dagger (Ep IX)

Hi all

I thought I would take a break from Resistance models and publish something more interesting/popular.

This has actually, for the most part, been built for a while but I was just waiting for those black pointed 2 x 4 wedge plates from Bricklink from the official Sith Fighter set.

The TIE/dg starfighter, also known as the TIE dagger, or the Sith TIE fighter, was a type of Sith affiliated TIE line starship that was forged in secret by forces under the command of the reborn Emperor Palpatine and seen in Ep. IX during the Battle of Exogol.

The new pointed wedge plates are perfect this little ship.  They also come in dark red and I was toying with adding some of these to the model to add the red edges to the panels but to hide them to show the right amount of red would have made the panels 3 studs thick and too wide so i ditched that idea.  I have managed to add the little gap between the panels and the light grey part at the back from the original design of the ship.  I have done this using clip plates and the 1 x1 round plate with bar.  Apart from that it is a simple build and once again it is on display with a minifig - the Sith Trooper.

Hope you like it.

Jon

tiedagger1.jpegtiedagger2.jpegtiedagger3.jpegtiedagger4.jpegtiedagger5.jpegtiedagger6.jpegtiedaggerdisplay.jpeg

Thanks very much.  Yes, I wonder what those pieces in grey would be used for? And dark red too..........

Great work, another triumph for the mini fleet! I like how you’ve done the shape of the hull, the official set is far too focused on the ball, the rest of the shape is definitely more interesting.

Thanks again. Yes it definitely is more than just a ball with panels like the official set.