MaximB

[MOC] Once upon a book

On 2/27/2020 at 12:39 PM, snaillad said:

Very well done, the shop facade although one colour has plenty of texture to make it interesting. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thank you!

On 2/27/2020 at 3:47 PM, Man with a hat said:

Wow. Excellent job here. What an amazing details all around and thanks for showing some of the techniques. I also like the front of the store a lot.

Thank you!

20 hours ago, paupadros said:

Amazing job. It's one of those modulars that is a little bit deceptive. I honestly thought it was much bigger than it actually seems to be, like @snaillad Piazza Maria scale :grin: The colours work really well, the shapes work together nicely and I like how you've pulled off the bookshop entrance. I did something similar for one of my modulars a little while ago, but yours looks better.

Thank you! 
Dimensions can be deceiving ;) 

As everyone has said - awesome work! Really cool. I love the fire hydrant - great use of the minifig helmet. But everything is spot on, congrats! 

On 2/28/2020 at 8:16 PM, electropie said:

As everyone has said - awesome work! Really cool. I love the fire hydrant - great use of the minifig helmet. But everything is spot on, congrats! 

Thank you!

On 3/1/2020 at 2:06 AM, DutchBlockhead said:

This is amazing!
I especially like the dark green part, feels very Irish. It could work wonders on many stores/bars!
Going to follow you on Flickr :)

Thank you!

These lego collections really remind our children of books and where they used to be sold. In our era, this is especially important. But there are also good digital stores like https://freebooksummary.com/category/neverwhere my children don't like to read either, but we invite them to choose a book for ourselves. They just read short pieces, prologues and then choose what they like.
Bookstores are more of a symbol or attribute of history, with many romantic details associated with them.

Edited by Pamela McBride