LegoDW

Can you make a Tie road plate into a straight? 60236

Looking at adding some roads into my Lego City layout.   See the only way to get straight sections is to also get a T junction.  Scaled my design back a bit, revised design requires 10 straights and 4 T junctions.  Hate buying 6 T junctions I don't need.  Is there a way to convert a T junction into a straight or something close to a straight?  Feel I am not alone with this problem.  

You can put plates over the "T" part and then add tiles for the sidewalk like usual. The other option is to cut off the "T" side and use another scrap bit of baseplate to fill the area. 

I have a few T-junctions that I've turned into straights (with parking bays/lay-bys) using plates. I've narrowed the roadway to increase building space but I guess you could do something similar while keeping the original road width.

49564785633_ab7b215c3c_c.jpgUntitled by g.nat, on Flickr

Hope that helps!!

That is what I was looking for.  Thought you could cover a lot with tiles.

I am looking at how much space the standard TLG roadplate take up and see why AFOL cut the plates or or build their own roads.  

On 2/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, gotoAndLego said:

Have you checked the price of straights on Bricklink?

Bricklink USA sellers, $8 used $10 new.  On Amazon USA can get Straight and Tee new for $10.

Problem is TLG baseplates take up a ton on space.  20 stud wide would be ideal but by the time I get all the bricks that $10 TLG baseplate will look like a steal!