Samolot

[TC17] 6x6 Zil the Peacemaker

My entry to the TC 17

This time Mad Max came to post-apocalyptic Russia.

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg

In the wilderness of Siberia, you can find gangs with universal vehicles that are good at rough terrain. These groups are involved in finding the remains of planes, rockets and helicopters shot down during the nuclear war. These wrecks are the only source of raw materials and spare parts in the new reality. That is why they are extremely valuable booty.

640x360.jpg

Zil Peacemaker is a heavy tow truck for towing wrecks in rough terrain. But when the crew is in danger, they can use a powerful trebuchet throwing explosives. Trebuchet has a sight installed in the cabin. The weapon operator also has the opportunity to greet intruders with a volley of dangerous arrows thrown from a hidden combat compartment. In addition, in a direct fight, the vehicle can cut the tires of enemy vehicles with a special saw. Ził has a permanent 6x6 drive inspired by an American combat drone called Crusher.

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg

My model Powers 6 motors PF XL powered by two BuWizz batteries. The suspension has a unique ground clearance of 9 studs and each wheel is suspended on the swingarm with 8 studs travel. The model does not have a steering system, it performs maneuvers like a tank by varying the speed of rotation of the wheels on both sides. Vehicle weight 3.1 kg, length over 50 cm.

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg

Edited by Samolot

Only change i'd do is replace the rubber shooters with minigun(s) that spin with a M motor. Never liked the unrealistic look of those rubber shooters. 

On 2/18/2020 at 2:40 AM, nerdsforprez said:

Gosh. I really am amazed by what some of you guys can put together.....

Thanks

On 2/18/2020 at 1:19 PM, Mechbuilds said:

Only change i'd do is replace the rubber shooters with minigun(s) that spin with a M motor. Never liked the unrealistic look of those rubber shooters. 

I tried not to overload the vehicle to drive well in difficult terrain 

Here are some detailed suspension pictures

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

Edited by Samolot

Love it!  What an awesome design!!  I'm confused on the suspension though.  Is it sprung?  If not, what keeps it from just always riding "flat" (or bottomed out)?  Why did you choose to make the middle axle a leading arm instead of trailing, like the rear?  (I'm just curious, please don't take it as a criticism).  I'd also love to pics of the front suspension.  Again, great work!!!

Thank you for your positive opinion. I am sending more suspension photos. The front wheels have leading arms to attack obstacles. Middle and rear trailing arms. the suspension has four shock absorbers 48912c01 and two 32181c02.

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg

it's just amazing! I love the model.

Just a remark about the original vehicle: ZIL 130, especially in this blue-white livery, was super common in the USSR and immediately recognizable by every post-soviet citizen. With its soft curves and overall tender appearance it was often depicted in children books and comics as a friend and a hero.

And now to see it as a post-apocalyptic monster truck... It's a mind blowing!

On 2/27/2020 at 6:49 PM, chmykh said:

it's just amazing! I love the model.

Just a remark about the original vehicle: ZIL 130, especially in this blue-white livery, was super common in the USSR and immediately recognizable by every post-soviet citizen. With its soft curves and overall tender appearance it was often depicted in children books and comics as a friend and a hero.

And now to see it as a post-apocalyptic monster truck... It's a mind blowing! 

Thanks also I have a great fondness for these vehicles. Although they were of poor quality and very gas-eating. One is still driving around my hometown but has a diesel engine.