Beardybricks

[Lego Ideas] Wombles Brickheadz

49329745792_1252a67aa2_b.jpg

I’ve been working on these for a few months now in a few different forms, but I’ve finally settled on a design I’m happy with. Hopefully you will recognise these iconic characters as Great Uncle Bulgaria and Orinoco from the 70’s hit TV show The Wombles! 

If you’re interested in the designs then you can support the project through Lego Ideas, which would be greatly appreciated. 

https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/6efb96f7-8ab5-4345-9191-eb7b66fbd0c1

Thanks for looking.

(Appologies if this is in the wrong forum, this seemed most appropriate)

Inaccurate. Orinoco should be taking '40 winks'.

And someone get Bulgaria a copy of today's Times!

Wasn't Great Uncle Bulgaria dressed in a green tartan in the 1970s? The blue seems to date from the 1990s.

Once told what they are I can sort of see the resemblance, but the noses look wrong. Maybe a larger 2x2 cone would have been better.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Wasn't Great Uncle Bulgaria dressed in a green tartan in the 1970s? The blue seems to date from the 1990s.

Once told what they are I can sort of see the resemblance, but the noses look wrong. Maybe a larger 2x2 cone would have been better.

I had thought it was a blue and green tartan but it looks like you may be right. I have tried it using just dark green but felt the dark blue looked better on its own. I’m not much good with photoshop, even to create a simple tartan pattern. 

The nose has been a sticking point for me. A 2x2 cone looks too big sticking straight out and I didn’t feel angling it with a hinge brick looked in keeping with the Brickheadz style. This just looked the best solution to me. 

Updated the colours with a closer green tartan design. Also puffed out the cheeks a little. 

1ct9rfH.png

Edited by Beardybricks