Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

59 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I wish it were revealed this week... But has TLG ever made this many D2C reveals in such a short amount of time? The NES last week, the Ideas Piano any day now, and the DA very soon?

The Piano is not really a D2C though :wink: And multiple D2C sets being revaled close to another isn’t unheard of either, this year’s July D2Cs (Crocodile + Mickey & Minnie) for instance were also revealed in quick succession

With VIP Q&A ending I have a strong feeling we’re getting DA announced at SDCC :excited:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, that probably was too pessimistic. Based on FalconFan’s reasoning a reveal during SDCC would make a lot of sense, but I just don’t want to be disappointed at the end of the week

I personally don't expect the reveal to happen this week. But I've been proven wrong so often during the last weeks so one time more or less really isn't the point any more ? And it would be a good thing to be wrong in this case, wouldn't it ?

I’m very pleased to see the AC in full now after so long and very pleasantly surprised with Cho Chang!

They chose the exact right hairpiece for her and all three girls look awesome  

I am also very happy with getting another golden egg and the food table is nice and along with the music items will compliment the Clock Tower set very well (but what are the red bits? Shrimp?).

Some of the builds don’t impress me (but not as bad as the 4 banners): I’m not sure what the arches either side of the fireplace are trying to accomplish, I would have much preferred more furniture like an armchair or a back extension to that little mini Hogwarts 

Seeing the very GOF specific builds in general makes me wonder if future AC will be more ‘year’ focused: mini knight bus, buckbeak  & hogsmeade for Y3? Slughorn’s potion case for next year along with a brick built green hourglass?

Seems like no diagon alley reveal from LEGO at comic con. They literally just have a comic maker in their booth. Super disappointing sorry for getting people’s hopes up. I honestly expected better 

I think its smart of TLG not to have more - i've been clicking around and its poorly designed and executed for such a major yearly event. Hats off to Comic Con for doing SOMETHING this year, but anything major from studios or companies would have suffered from the execution. 

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Seems like no diagon alley reveal from LEGO at comic con. They literally just have a comic maker in their booth. Super disappointing sorry for getting people’s hopes up. I honestly expected better 

It's all good, man. Regardless, we'll be getting the DA news soon, whether it's a few days or a week or two. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m still cautiously optimistic, comic con is going on for five days after all, makes sense that they wouldn’t reveal everything on the first day. Maybe the online booth will update daily?

Isn't the main convention 23rd - 26th anyway? I'm not saying there will be anything at SDCC, but I wouldn't rule anything out yet for this week whether or not it be SDCC related or Lego just doing their own thing.

Edited by BacktoBricks

It certainly would be interesting if KNN’s story turned out to be true, and the leaks that weren’t “fake” turned out to be true...

Great. RoyalPersonDoubleDissent is back from the dead and SDCC appears to be useless too. At least that’s two down on my horrible-LEGO-news-apocalypse bingo card :tongue:

Btw, I just remembered that TLG hadn’t announced any panels for SDCC anyway, so there was little chance for a reveal in the first place given the Q&A event. Speaking of which: since it apparently only ended today, 2-3 days isn’t nearly enough time to go through all the questions, selecting the most interesting and actually answering them :laugh_hard: Nah, that event won’t happen for at least another week

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

It certainly would be interesting if KNN’s story turned out to be true, and the leaks that weren’t “fake” turned out to be true...

It would, but I can't remember what's been said with what hashtag attached etc. And if they are truthful, then they did rather self-sabotage with the whole only adding #legoleaks to fake posts.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I find it definitely interesting that he now points out exactly what was meant by his vague hints. So the good thing is, we will find out soon if he's fake or not ?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Btw, I just remembered that TLG hadn’t announced any panels for SDCC anyway, so there was little chance for a reveal in the first place given the Q&A event. Speaking of which: since it apparently only ended today, 2-3 days isn’t nearly enough time to go through all the questions, selecting the most interesting and actually answering them :laugh_hard: Nah, that event won’t happen for at least another week

I knew a few days ago that Lego was not going to be doing any official panels, but that doesn't mean they can't do their own thing on social media. Also, this is the week that 71043 got revealed two years ago so I think Lego can easily do their own events regardless of SDCC. I also don't think the Q&A ended today; the link wasn't working for me yesterday even though it only dissappeared today, so it really finished on Monday I think. Plus, not wanting to sound pessimistic, but Lego doesn't have to go through all the questions, because they probably only need a few and could quickly find ones that they are 'willing' to answer. I shan't give up hope yet. :sweet:

4 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Except for the fact the Advent Calendar nuked his reputation.

What were the rest of KNN's rumors?

I'm also thrown off a bit this week because the piano was hinted at on Monday and we haven't heard anything since. I'm really confused what the release strategy is at this moment.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Except for the fact the Advent Calendar nuked his reputation.

He's saying that he warned people not to believe everything on #legoleaks because he was fed up of people pretending to be him and posting false info. Then after he had given that warning, only the false posts were tagged #legoleaks and the AC leak was the first of those 'red herrings'. So ironically you would need to see which posts after that were not tagged #legoleaks to work out if things line up. But like I say, it was kind of self-sabotage.

Just now, Modal said:

I'm also thrown off a bit this week because the piano was hinted at on Monday and we haven't heard anything since. I'm really confused what the release strategy is at this moment.

Lego certainly are dancing to their own tune. :facepalm:

Edited by BacktoBricks

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Also, this is the week that 71043 got revealed two years ago so I think Lego can easily do their own events regardless of 

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

I have the feeling that they've shortened the intervals between reveal and release a little bit. So there are more cases in which (large) sets are revealed just one week before their release. 

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

He's saying that he warned people not to believe everything on #legoleaks because he was fed up of people pretending to be him and posting false info. Then after he had given that warning, only the false posts were tagged #legoleaks and the AC leak was the first of those 'red herrings'. So ironically you would need to see which posts after that were not tagged #legoleaks to work out if things line up. But like I say, it was kind of self-sabotage.

Sarcasm on the internet is never a good idea ?

Is this person on Instagram? I cannot find anyone with their search function :facepalm:

I mean yeah I’m wary about that guy that came back from the dead but I so would love his CMF predictions/lies/whatever to be true. 

Edited by Otherworld

Not buying it. Even if he gets 100% of his remaining hints right, the chances of them being educated guesses are way too high :hmpf: Now can we please send him back into the abyss where he belongs? :tongue:

7 minutes ago, Modal said:

Yeah, it's all quite weird

Just now, Surge said:

can anyone decode his 5th post about families?

Do you mean the thing about larger family celebrations? He referred to the families Malfoy, Potter-Weasley, Lupin-Tonks and Longbottom-Abbott (according to himself).

11 minutes ago, Surge said:

can anyone decode his 5th post about families?

He saying that after this year's wave you could put together more families because of the minifigures we already have and the minifigures we will get this year.

The Burrow obviously gave us more Weasleys (and DA will hopefully give us Fred and George), it also gave us Bellatrix to go in the Malfoy/Lestrange clan (again it's likely that either DA or CMF will have Lucius), and Tonks to go with Lupin. Then the student pack gave us Hannah Abbott who marries Neville.

Edited by BacktoBricks