Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Some Star Wars sets have just leaked from a catalog... I wonder if that means we'll get clearer pics of the AC and maybe pics of the CMF, D2C and possible extra set soon...?

Of course! Lol. I just bought Anakins Jedi Interceptor off Gumtree a couple of months ago! Rofl.

Does anyone here know or remember when the 2nd Half Year catalogues are normally released? I mean they are a June to December catalogue. Why aren't they out slightly in advance of the month they relate to?

Edited by chris6507

33 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Not sure if there's stock issues? It's a popular theme and they can only produce so many sets.

It feels totally different this year to the normal roll out of the summer wave (winter here). All the major retail stores have no stock of the new harry potter or ninjago wave. None of them, Big w, Target, Kmart, Myer. Target are getting the Harry potter range in next month according to them. Toyworld who usually are day one sellers have nothing new from lego. None of the online lego sellers in melbourne have any of the Harry potter stuff or most of the new wave either. Lego.com.au listed a few harry potter set but not the full range and what they put up is sold out in the first half of the day. And the Lego shop near me had some of the sets that are listed as coming soon on the website  but they were available in store. I've never seen the website not have a set release but you could get it in the store. And the sets that they did have were limited in store, the Astronomy tower was sold out by lunchtime and it wasn't even that busy there today. 

I can't explain the LEGO store side of things, but im pretty sure when we finally see the LEGO catalogue we are going to see a nice big note over the set saying "new in July". It happened with Ninjago early this year. January 1st the Ninjago set were stated to be released on the LEGO website and they were, but the catalogue said Feb and all the retail stores got it in Feb. I'd put money on "July" being the official release date for Australia. It would just be nice if they were upfront about their release schedules. Like i said before... We should have a June catalogue in June (or before), not just seeing the first leaks.

58 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Some Star Wars sets have just leaked from a catalog... I wonder if that means we'll get clearer pics of the AC and maybe pics of the CMF, D2C and possible extra set soon...?

It's the same catalogue the previous advent calendar leak was from, so we might get a clearer image soon. The CMF series and D2C definitely won't be in there. Since the Star Wars retailer exclusives are featured, I imagine a potential extra HP set will be too, if it exists that is :tongue:

Edit: Dang it, I couldn't snag the Burrow and students pack in time despite ordering them 5 minutes past midnight on express :sad: Looks like the wedding has to wait

Edited by Lego-Freak

Sorry for the double post, but today will be revealed whether _kingnogo_ is full of Mæg@blöcks or not. Why? The recently leaked catalogue includes pictures of retailer exclusives such as the aforementioned Star Wars sets, but also the previously rumoured Hall of Armors expansion set. So if there truly is an additional set with the number 75978, we're about to see it. If not, to the gallows with him I mean, then we know who to ignore from this point onward :grin:

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry for the double post, but today will be revealed whether _kingnogo_ is full of Mæg@blöcks or not.

Their latest reply in the comments to someone who says 'I still believe, or at least hope, that you are kind of genius' is 'Well, if everyone would watched even on the hashtags, that situation would never be happened.' They seem to be suggesting their hashtags meant something, but they are just the usual #legoharrypotter #legoleaks from what I can see, nothing to indicate anything. I'm really hoping we do see another set in the catalogue, not for nono's sake but just because, well, more HP Lego!

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Their latest reply in the comments to someone who says 'I still believe, or at least hope, that you are kind of genius' is 'Well, if everyone would watched even on the hashtags, that situation would never be happened.' They seem to be suggesting their hashtags meant something, but they are just the usual #legoharrypotter #legoleaks from what I can see, nothing to indicate anything. I'm really hoping we do see another set in the catalogue, not for nono's sake but just because, well, more HP Lego!

His wonky house of cards is on the verge of falling apart. All it needs is a breeze of fresh air, delivered by the lack of images in the catalogue :devil: 

@Falconfan1414: In regards to _kingnogo_ or is there something else we should worry about?

Edited by Lego-Freak

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Welp there might be some bad news shortly

I gets the feeling that there is no other HP image in that catalogue. ?

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

His wonky house of cards is on the verge of falling apart. All it needs is a breeze of fresh air, delivered by the lack of images in the catalogue :devil: 

@Falconfan1414: In regards to _kingnogo_ or is there something else we should worry about?

Now I just have an image of someone fanning that catalogue over his house of card and it collapsing. ?

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I gets the feeling that there is no other HP image in that catalogue. ?

Now I just have an image of someone fanning that catalogue over his house of card and it collapsing. ?

The suspense of finding out whether kingnono is right or wrong is more exciting than the suspense of finding out what the set was if it was confirmed to exist :wink:

I will go on record and say that I decided I still trust Kingnono.  Maybe I’m being naive, but literally the only thing they’ve been wrong about so far is the Advent Calendar, and they implied that they knew they were wrong.  Let’s see what happens!  :excited:

EDIT: By the way, US replacement parts currently has the hare and otter Patronuses, and at least three exclusive torso parts (Arthur, Greyback, and Lavender) for sale. I’d recommend waiting for the sets, but I just thought that was interesting!!  I suspect those Patronuses will sell out quickly and be resold on eBay for 10 times the price!

Edited by RogueTwo

13 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

they implied that they knew they were wrong.

After it was found out they were wrong :sarcasm:

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is nothing new 

Do you mean that there aren't any other sets next to the ones we already know of (no D2C, ...), or that they aren't in the catalogue?

Just now, Legopls said:

Do you mean that there aren't any other sets next to the ones we already know of (no D2C, ...), or that they aren't in the catalogue?

D2C and CMF are definitely happening, but there are no pictures of a mysterious retailer exclusive set that Kingono "confirmed" is happening, so that means he was a fraud.

That confirms that the only sets there are to be revealed are Diagon Alley and 2nd half of CMF.

1 minute ago, Legopls said:

Nothing new in the retailer catalogue that leaked on Instagram (the D2C wouldn't be there, anyway). 

Call me crazy (and I know some will), but I still trust Kingnono more than a single catalogue.  LEGO has all the cards up their sleeves for this theme.  We didn't know about Hogwarts Students minifigure pack, and wasn't there still a Hagrid/Buckbeak Brickheadz, or did that get scrapped?  

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

D2C and CMF are definitely happening, but there are no pictures of a mysterious retailer exclusive set that Kingono "confirmed" is happening, so that means he was a fraud.

That confirms that the only sets there are to be revealed are Diagon Alley and 2nd half of CMF.

2 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Nothing new in the retailer catalogue that leaked on Instagram (the D2C wouldn't be there, anyway). 

Call me crazy (and I know some will), but I still trust Kingnono more than a single catalogue.  LEGO has all the cards up their sleeves for this theme.  We didn't know about Hogwarts Students minifigure pack, and wasn't there still a Hagrid/Buckbeak Brickheadz, or did that get scrapped?  

Thanks! Too bad the CMF's aren't in the catalogue... 

I really hope we'll get a Ginny with a different face print than the one in the Burrow set. That face print really doesn't fit the character IMO.

Edited by Legopls

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

We did know about it tho, we just assumed it was a Brickhead and not a minifigure pack.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

I won’t call you crazy, but that’s now the second serious strike against him. Frankly, there’s not a single reason to trust him any more :shrug_confused: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I won’t call you crazy, but that’s now the second serious strike against him. Frankly, there’s not a single reason to trust him any more :shrug_confused: 

Well, thank you for not calling me crazy.  Maybe my problem is that I just can't understand why someone would spend half a year spoonfeeding us cryptic and brilliant hints.  I know some people thrive on misplaced Internet fame, but that's a mindset that I truly cannot comprehend.  I guess Gilderoy Lockhart could comprehend it!  :laugh:

There are some additional pics of the SW advent calendar in the catalogue, maybe it also has some pics of the HP one too? Would love to see any of the other minifigs in there.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

[...] I just can't understand why someone would spend half a year spoonfeeding us cryptic and brilliant hints. [...]

These people just like scoring Internet points. They bathe in the glory of all the attention they’re getting, without realising how people might react once the truth is revealed. I imagine they think that people will forgive them if they (accidentally) get something right, I however won’t :devil:

5 hours ago, Micmac said:

Bit the bullet and got the two new small Harry Potter sets from my local lego shop. Loving the new Grawp figure but could't help but alter him slightly. He is actually quite ugly from behind so I prettied him up. 

Lego Gwarp

This looks amazing! I love how you’ve upgraded Grawp. Looks way better than the flat exposed brick backs. The little backpack is a nice touch, too. Were all these pieces in the two sets you purchased?