Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

This is the same every time with animal moulds, there are always a chance we will never get them again. So when they make a new one, buy the number you want or you may end up waiting for years or forever and the price will only go up :wink:

*cough* Goat *cough* :grin:

8 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

:laugh:
Maybe we get Aberforth Dumbledore's patronus goat next year :tongue:

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I was just recently looking up goats for my custom Aberforth in Bricklink and saw the price of 30€ :D I really hope a new one comes out sooner rather than later... And a goat patronus would be wonderful!

On 4/10/2020 at 8:47 PM, deskp said:

Advent calendars are just for the exclusive figures in my opinion.  Though i will end up using some of the parts elsewhere.

Compared to other lego calendars the HP one was amazing with 5 new prints!  Usualy its just one new figure. 

For me the calendar was definitively worth the cost last year.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:14 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

I think the advent calendar is a really cool set. They only reused 1 figure, Dumbledore, as the McGonagall included doesn't have the double sided face which was visible from underneath her hat which in my opinion was pretty annoying on the original one. The Christmas sweaters are the best part about the set and great for changing up your display for the holidays. The exclusive Hermione is a great substitute for Dean Thomas his torso as the print doesn't continue on the legs, making it more suitable for custom first years with short legs. Flitwick is just a nice alternative outfit. Lastly there's the architect statue which is a nice piece to fill up the pretty empty ground floor level of the clocktower. So I think it's a great set, especially compared to the other advent calendars, way more new prints and more useful builds to accompany the main sets than star wars (unless you're really into micro builds).

You two managed to convince me, I've purchased the advent calendar and can't wait! Perfect lockdown set.

4 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

You two managed to convince me, I've purchased the advent calendar and can't wait! Perfect lockdown set.

Great move, I loved it! Exclusive minifigs are always nice but that set exceeded my expectations, and the little builds were really nice and, unlike Star Wars, you can actually use the mini builds to decorate the castle sets. There actually very practical. I would say 10/10 for an Advent Calendar

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Great move, I loved it! Exclusive minifigs are always nice but that set exceeded my expectations, and the little builds were really nice and, unlike Star Wars, you can actually use the mini builds to decorate the castle sets. There actually very practical. I would say 10/10 for an Advent Calendar

I think I’m gonna use it as intended just 4.5 months later, and do a build a day to countdown until whenever lockdown ends! Been wanting some Lego to do but currently stuck at uni so I’ve got loads sitting at home that I can’t build, so this should be perfect!

57 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

I really hope a new one comes out sooner rather than later... And a goat patronus would be wonderful!

We might see a reintroduction of the mold sometime next year as the original submission for the approved Medieval Blacksmith from LEGO Ideas used a goat (bottom right)

resize:800:450

A training dummy from the Room of Requirement set is on Instagram.  Nothing too remarkable, but hopefully it's an indication that pictures of the rest of the minifigures and the main build will show up soon.

Nevermind, it looks like it's not real.  Hopefully the actual set has a better looking training dummy.  Still hoping that LEGO reveals the sets soon so that all the confusion and speculation on them can end, at least for a while.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

A training dummy from the Room of Requirement set is on Instagram.  Nothing too remarkable, but hopefully it's an indication that pictures of the rest of the minifigures and the main build will show up soon.

That looks so bad, there’s no way it’s real

1 hour ago, deskp said:

I made my own dummy

*snap*

Ooooh, I love that design, definitely gonna steal it if the real one is disappointing. Love how you did the wand.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We might see a reintroduction of the mold sometime next year as the original submission for the approved Medieval Blacksmith from LEGO Ideas used a goat (bottom right)

I hope we will, but have not much hope at the moment since the pirates bay did not have enough "designer coins" to include a monkey. However if a theme like HP where to reintroduce it we might be in luck :wink: I wonder how much bigger budget HP has than ideas when a small set can have 2 completely new animal moulds while ideas on the other hand can not afford to even include a mould from 2016 :wacko:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I hope we will, but have not much hope at the moment since the pirates bay did not have enough "designer coins" to include a monkey. However if a theme like HP where to reintroduce it we might be in luck :wink: I wonder how much bigger budget HP has than ideas when a small set can have 2 completely new animal moulds while ideas on the other hand can not afford to even include a mould from 2016 :wacko:

Yeah, but the monkey is an assemblage of several different moving parts isn’t it? While the new hare and otter (as well as the goat) are all single pieces. That affects the budget entirely differently. 

The new hint on Instagram: "An iconic scene in the underground will be part of 75978".

Presumably that must mean the Gringotts vaults will be included.

4 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The new hint on Instagram: "An iconic scene in the underground will be part of 75978".

Or the London underground? Meaning there might indeed be some number mix up.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

The Black Seas Barracuda is 31 years old and the story of the set is it has been shipwrecked for 30+ years, those monkeys have a lifespan of 15 to 25 years so it would be dead by now :cry2:

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, but the monkey is an assemblage of several different moving parts isn’t it? While the new hare and otter (as well as the goat) are all single pieces. That affects the budget entirely differently. 

The other parts are generic minifig arms and hands so that shouldn't be a problem

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Or the London underground? Meaning there might indeed be some number mix up.

That goes against every bit of info we have so far

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The other parts are generic minifig arms and hands so that shouldn't be a problem

It still requires assembly, which means a whole new stretch of production line needs to be configured for it, which equals time, money, and factory space. 

That goes against every bit of info we have so far

Well kingnono said before there might have been some confusion about the numbers because of store exclusivity so I guess it's still possible. I just think it's interesting how he specifically says 75978 instead of Diagon Alley.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I understand by “designer coins” you essentially mean budget. But why does everyone always say that Ideas sets have lower budget than Harry Potter? And why does everyone know this?

Obviously the number of sets makes a big difference but it sounds like people mean for each set of equivalent size.

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That looks so bad, there’s no way it’s real

Lol is that even legal, the way the pole just rests inside the stud with a hole in it (sorry don’t know technical names)?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I understand by “designer coins” you essentially mean budget. But why does everyone always say that Ideas sets have lower budget than Harry Potter? And why does everyone know this?

Obviously the number of sets makes a big difference but it sounds like people mean for each set of equivalent size.

He basically means Ideas sets aren't allowed to make new molds, only existing ones. For example the pig reappearing in Barracuda Bay must be in some other 2020 set. And a third Disney CMF is basically confirmed for 2021 because they need new molds for Winnie the Pooh

42 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I would really love this, it gives a chance to really flesh out this set. Hopefully given its price it wouldn’t come at the expense of a DA building.

He basically means Ideas sets aren't allowed to make new molds, only existing ones. For example the pig reappearing in Barracuda Bay must be in some other 2020 set. And a third Disney CMF is basically confirmed for 2021 because they need new molds for Winnie the Pooh

Ah I see. Seems a bit of an arbitrary rule to me, it’s not like they’re worried Barracuda Bay won’t sell, although I get that new molds  are expensive.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Ah I see. Seems a bit of an arbitrary rule to me, it’s not like they’re worried Barracuda Bay won’t sell, although I get that new molds  are expensive.

It's more a precaution, if they allowed submitters to use made-up/non-existing pieces the projects would be full of them. So they chose for existing parts only

It's more a precaution, if they allowed submitters to use made-up/non-existing pieces the projects would be full of them. So they chose for existing parts only

Oh yeah I understand the submission not having new parts, but the final design is so significantly different to the original that it seems odd they don’t let the set designers use new parts!

I’m probably completely misunderstanding how set production works lol, sorry