Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Are you sure? :sceptic:

Yup

13 Best Patil Twins images | Harry potter, Twins, Hogwarts

53 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I have been predicting the Duel in the Ministry Atrium set from the beginning. I don’t understand why some folks find this set so hard to believe. This new LEGO series is largely focused on OotP and the Ministry Duel is the climactic scene of that film.

The build will almost certainly be centered around the golden Fountain of Magical Brethren statue and probably feature a semi-circle of tall bay windows set in emerald green bricks representing the Ministry offices. Probably will include a London phone booth too.

Minifigs could include Voldemort, Dumbledore, Harry, and a pearl gold centaur, wizard, and house elf as the statue. I imagine a build similar to the Basilisk in bright orange to represent the fire snake Voldemort conjures.

It’s a smart decision because it also provides a play set for Kingsley, Arthur, Umbridge, Fudge, and the other Ministry characters to interact. 

A lot of people predicted a Ministry set would happen but every single piece of info we have points to it not existing. The setnumber associated with this Ministry set is the same one attached to the D2C and that's info a reliable leaker posted and multiple others reposted. Besides that it doesn't matter how important the Atrium is to the climax of the movie, the Chamber of Secrets is just as if not more important and got skipped...

3 minutes ago, dirigibleplum said:

As someone who recently bought Diagon Alley (10217) I almost hope there isn't a new one :iamded_lol:. Seems like it's 100% going to happen though. 

So you bought an iconic set after the theme has been revived and you post this looking for... sympathy?

if you’re a completionist you have the figs and could sell the build now before the D2C is made public and recoup money. It’s a great set and looks fantastic, personally. 

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I have been predicting the Duel in the Ministry Atrium set from the beginning. I don’t understand why some folks find this set so hard to believe. This new LEGO series is largely focused on OotP and the Ministry Duel is the climactic scene of that film.

Nobody's finding it hard to believe that they'd make the set, it's just hard to believe a new account that has no source and there hasn't been anyone else who've implied its existence. Anyone can create a random account, make a "leak" and post it.

17 minutes ago, dirigibleplum said:

As someone who recently bought Diagon Alley (10217) I almost hope there isn't a new one :iamded_lol:. Seems like it's 100% going to happen though. 

I feel you. I love that set and wish I had it! But you shouldn't be disappointed as you've still got a fantastic set to display. There will almost certainly be significant differences between them. It's just like when something goes on sale the day after you bought it!

2 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

So you bought an iconic set after the theme has been revived and you post this looking for... sympathy?

if you’re a completionist you have the figs and could sell the build now before the D2C is made public and recoup money. It’s a great set and looks fantastic, personally. 

They're not looking for sympathy? They're just saying "dang, that's annoying".

The old Diagon alley set hardly looks anything like the movie. A new set shouldn't bear much resemblance to that at all.

Just now, DocStrange said:

Does anyone know what is supposed to be in the new advent calendar this year?

6 minifigures. don't know anythign beyond that.

As good as the 2010/11 sets were, they've been left for dead by this new range. Hopefully Diagon Alley follows suit. The older range still has some great parts though. I really like the B&B from 2011 Diagon Alley though, although Gringotts hasn't aged well, Ollivander's looks good, but too bright

Just now, Seaber said:

As good as the 2010/11 sets were, they've been left for dead by this new range. Hopefully Diagon Alley follows suit. The older range still has some great parts though. I really like the B&B from 2011 Diagon Alley though, although Gringotts hasn't aged well, Ollivander's looks good, but too bright

Why hasn't Gringotts aged well?

B&B is excellent, yeah, although the interior is lackluster compared to today.

Ollivander's being too bright, I can see why you'd say that, but otherwise it'd been really similar to B&B and look boring. I'd rather tham use some artistic licence to produce an attractive set.

I know it's kinda off topic, but with this year's advent calendar being mentioned, I was wondering what people's thoughts are on last year's? I missed out on it being super cheap from Waterstones the other week and so I was looking at getting it at £18 from someone on eBay.

But then, the more I think about it, the more I feel it's collecting for collecting's sake. I thought I would get it for the minifigs, but then realised Dumbledore and McGonnagall are the same as in a set, Hermione's just wearing something different, Harry and Ron have their Xmas jumpers which I could get off Bricklink, and Flitwick's not that different to his CMF. And the builds, while good, aren't anything amazing. The fireplace is pretty cool for Floo or something. Do any of you think it's worth getting to add to the other sets in my collection for display purposes or not really?

I feel the same about the Build Your Own Adventure book and its model - it's alright but don't know if it's worth it...

Advent calendars are just for the exclusive figures in my opinion.  Though i will end up using some of the parts elsewhere.

Compared to other lego calendars the HP one was amazing with 5 new prints!  Usualy its just one new figure. 

For me the calendar was definitively worth the cost last year.

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well this pretty much confirms it’s not microscale which is good. Technic pins will be nice for displaying the buildings and for possibly adding more later 

You are aware of course that the D2C Hogwarts had technic Pins to combine both sections of the castle correct?

microscale is still a possibility

Just now, LordVoldemort said:

You are aware of course that the D2C Hogwarts had technic Pins to combine both sections of the castle correct?

microscale is still a possibility

i guess he is referring to the "Play features"

For me the new HP sets since the 2018 wave look a lot of better than the 2011 and older ones.

More and better details and with that they come more closer to the movies.

First at all i always was a little bit sad that i dont have the old DA and the Burrow set but now i am happy that i dont have it.

The new versions are mostly better(not in every case:wink:  )

But every period of time has its one flair...

Edited by Sir Godric

14 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I know it's kinda off topic, but with this year's advent calendar being mentioned, I was wondering what people's thoughts are on last year's? I missed out on it being super cheap from Waterstones the other week and so I was looking at getting it at £18 from someone on eBay.

But then, the more I think about it, the more I feel it's collecting for collecting's sake. I thought I would get it for the minifigs, but then realised Dumbledore and McGonnagall are the same as in a set, Hermione's just wearing something different, Harry and Ron have their Xmas jumpers which I could get off Bricklink, and Flitwick's not that different to his CMF. And the builds, while good, aren't anything amazing. The fireplace is pretty cool for Floo or something. Do any of you think it's worth getting to add to the other sets in my collection for display purposes or not really?

I feel the same about the Build Your Own Adventure book and its model - it's alright but don't know if it's worth it...

I think the advent calendar is a really cool set. They only reused 1 figure, Dumbledore, as the McGonagall included doesn't have the double sided face which was visible from underneath her hat which in my opinion was pretty annoying on the original one. The Christmas sweaters are the best part about the set and great for changing up your display for the holidays. The exclusive Hermione is a great substitute for Dean Thomas his torso as the print doesn't continue on the legs, making it more suitable for custom first years with short legs. Flitwick is just a nice alternative outfit. Lastly there's the architect statue which is a nice piece to fill up the pretty empty ground floor level of the clocktower. So I think it's a great set, especially compared to the other advent calendars, way more new prints and more useful builds to accompany the main sets than star wars (unless you're really into micro builds).

7 minutes ago, deskp said:

i guess he is referring to the "Play features"

Yeah I think the play features are the biggest giveaway. At first I was still prepared for it being a micro scale set to avoid disappointment but now I see now way for that being the case anymore.

I think the reason people are so keen to believe rumors about a ministry set is that it's completely baffling that LEGO is only producing $50 worth of OOTP sets. 
 For context SS/PS had $140, COS had $85, POA had $200, and GOF had $190.

The 2020 sets we have will give us $50 worth of OOTP sets, $200 for HBP, and an additional $70 for COS. Clearly LEGO thought $85 worth of sets wasn't enough representation for COS and they needed to release another set before waiting for the 2 movie waves to end, but if they thought $85 was too little then why are we only getting $50 for OOTP? 

Personally I'm guessing that the sets we know are releasing are the only sets releasing (except for maybe a GWP) but it's understandable why people are desperate to believe the rumors we know are false. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

The new versions are mostly better(not in every case:wink:  )

Which is worse in your opinion?

13 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I think the reason people are so keen to believe rumors about a ministry set is that it's completely baffling that LEGO is only producing $50 worth of OOTP sets. 

The 2020 sets we have will give us $50 worth of OOTP sets, $200 for HBP, and an additional $70 for COS. Clearly LEGO thought $85 worth of sets wasn't enough representation for COS and they needed to release another set before waiting for the 2 movie waves to end, but if they thought $85 was too little then why are we only getting $50 for OOTP? 

Typo? Did you mean "so kwwn NOT to believe"?

Anyway, I don't think "$XX worth of sets for film Y" is their mindset at all. If they think a scene will translate well to a Lego set, they'll make it. If a film has fewer scenes that translate well, then so be it. They can't make everything at once and want variety. I don't think there's any formula or rhyme and reason other than they think it'll sell well and please fans. I'm not saying there's not many good scenes for Lego in OotP, but just that there's lots they want to include from the earlier films as that's arguably what people think of when you say "Harry Potter". They probably went back to CoS for Privet Drive because of this, and also because the Year1/2 wave was mostly taken up by generic non-year-specific sets that are essential for a Harry Potter theme.

39 minutes ago, deskp said:

Advent calendars are just for the exclusive figures in my opinion.  Though i will end up using some of the parts elsewhere.

Compared to other lego calendars the HP one was amazing with 5 new prints!  Usualy its just one new figure. 

For me the calendar was definitively worth the cost last year.

Yeah that's true. The figures are definitely cool, but don't know if they're cool enough to bother about!

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

Personally I'm guessing that the sets we know are releasing are the only sets releasing (except for maybe a GWP) but it's understandable why people are desperate to believe the rumors we know are false. 

Wow that's actually a really interesting way to breakdown how much each film has been covered by Lego, thanks for sharing that. It is weird how Half-Blood Prince seems to be getting more coverage than Order of the Phoenix as I always thought it would be the other way around due to OotP having a faster pace and being more action-packed than HBP, which focuses a bit more on the teenage drama before the darkness of Deathly Hallows. It's also really annoying how there's no thestrals on the horizon either :sceptic:

Also it's very far out but seeing the films in lego broken down like this made me think that next year we might have a smaller wave for Deathly Hallows like the 2011 sets, and then sets from other films like Privet Drive this year. 

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

I think the advent calendar is a really cool set. They only reused 1 figure, Dumbledore, as the McGonagall included doesn't have the double sided face which was visible from underneath her hat which in my opinion was pretty annoying on the original one. The Christmas sweaters are the best part about the set and great for changing up your display for the holidays. The exclusive Hermione is a great substitute for Dean Thomas his torso as the print doesn't continue on the legs, making it more suitable for custom first years with short legs. Flitwick is just a nice alternative outfit. Lastly there's the architect statue which is a nice piece to fill up the pretty empty ground floor level of the clocktower. So I think it's a great set, especially compared to the other advent calendars, way more new prints and more useful builds to accompany the main sets than star wars (unless you're really into micro builds).

That's very true. In my eyes the McGonnagall is a reused figure lol. But the Christmas trio is definitely a highlight and it'd be wondeful to decorate the Great Hall at Christmastime. And yes the architect would work very well there actually. I'd say you've almost sold me haha, I'll have a think!

8 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I think you read a completely different conversation here than I did because I haven't seen anyone believe this ''rumor''

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It's also really annoying how there's no thestrals on the horizon either :sceptic:

I wouldn't say it's annoying, we got one in a fairly cheap set in 2018 so the fact they didn't include any in this wave doesn't suprise me 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I think you read a completely different conversation here than I did because I haven't seen anyone believe this ''rumor''

Think it was a typo!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't say it's annoying, we got one in a fairly cheap set in 2018 so the fact they didn't include any in this wave doesn't suprise me 

Yeah I bought this set purely for this purpose - I'm not bothered in buying the Fantastic Beasts sets, but this makes a perfect carriage to Hogwarts with a thestral.

If i look at all of the older hogwarts sets i dont like them anymore the new sets look so much better and i am sure so will the burrow,DA and the privet drive set but as i already said every period has its own flair.

But still some old sets look great for me but i also hope to get new versions of these sets in the future.

52 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Anyway, I don't think "$XX worth of sets for film Y" is their mindset at all. If they think a scene will translate well to a Lego set, they'll make it. 

If this was the case then we wouldn't be getting the line with most sets from the same era every year and instead we would've gotten something closer to the 2010/2011 line. 

52 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Year1/2 wave was mostly taken up by generic non-year-specific sets that are essential for a Harry Potter theme.

They were still based on specific scenes from specific movies. The whomping willow destroying the flying car only happened in the second film, Harry and Ron only went to Aragog's lair in the second film, Hermionie only set snape on fire in the first film ect. 

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I did read a completely different conversation because this one forum isn't the only place where rumors are discussed. If no one at all believed these rumors, far fewer people would be spreading them and making them. 

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I did read a completely different conversation because this one forum isn't the only place where rumors are discussed. If no one at all believed these rumors, far fewer people would be spreading them and making them. 

Besides this new guy and the one from last week, who are both new and unreliable leakers, no one has spread any info on a Ministry of Magic set. Why? Because it doesn't exist

54 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I stated earlier that I believe this rumor and I have been predicting a Duel in the Ministry Atrium set from the beginning. There is no need to condescend people who have different opinions than you. And there are plenty of folks on Instagram and on other forums who also believe we will be getting the Duel in the Ministry Atrium scene from the climax of OotP. We will see who is right soon enough.

5 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I stated earlier that I believe this rumor and I have been predicting a Duel in the Ministry Atrium set from the beginning. There is no need to condescend people who have different opinions than you. And there are plenty of folks on Instagram and on other forums who also believe we will be getting the Duel in the Ministry Atrium scene from the climax of OotP. We will see who is right soon enough.

That set would make perfect sense I think. I just don’t believe this specific rumor about it because no reliable leaker has mentioned it. It only surfaced as a “rumor” because some copycat on IG took the “he’s back” hint from kingnono and ran with “we’re getting a $50 Ministry set”. That specific rumor was completely made up. It just was. That guy has no inside information. That being said, I’m definitely not saying a Ministry set is impossible. Like I said, it would make a lot of sense and I would love to see it happen. I’m just not going to assume the set exists based on a guy who is so very obviously not reliable. As for this newer guy that posted it, I can’t say. Don’t know anything about them. Maybe they know something, maybe they don’t. But I won’t believe anything unless a known reliable leaker at least hints at it. Also, Lego has made it very clear with this reboot that a scene being the climax of the film doesn’t mean it will get a set.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth