Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I never said kingnono is unreliable. Robert was talking about the remaining figures as posted by kingnono and I just pointed out how we just had a pretty long discussion about wether or not he is reliable. Saying ''we don't know if he's reliable'' isn't the same as ''he isn't reliable''. I really don't want to start this debate all over again but as long as the information remains vague and conflicts with other info I'll remian skeptical. 

Just wanted to make that clear, as for anyone who hasn't read that discussion this wouldn't be clear from your comment. As proven by this comment:

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh boy... this again? What do people get from posting fake crap??  I will never get it 

And no...  I didn't read them. :sceptic: Thanks for letting me know

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Just wanted to make that clear, as for anyone who hasn't read that discussion this wouldn't be clear from your comment. As proven by this comment:

It's a pretty clear and easy to understand comment to me. Saying we had a ''discussion on wether or not this guy's info is reliable'' pretty much sums up how there are those who believe the leaks/rumors and those who are skeptical. Oh well, back to topic

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It does look really good but it's position as my favorite new animalmold of summer 2020 now definetely goes to the newly leaked stingray from City. My god that mold is gorgeous! 

Yes that stingray is fantastic. The seahorse from Friends is also pretty cute. :classic:

My gut tells me this guy is reliable, as well as other facts. For instance, confirmed reliable leakers jumped on this other guy instantly for spreading false unreliable intel (I don’t want to post his name because that will give him more attention) and even warned us not to trust him, while they have remained silent about (even supportive of) kingnono. So logic dictates he is probably reliable. Only time will tell for sure, but I’m willing to trust what he says (a pinch of salt goes without saying with Lego leaks and intel).

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My gut tells me this guy is reliable, as well as other facts. For instance, confirmed reliable leakers jumped on this other guy instantly for spreading false unreliable intel (I don’t want to post his name because that will give him more attention) and even warned us not to trust him, while they have remained silent about (even supportive of) kingnono. So logic dictates he is probably reliable. Only time will tell for sure, but I’m willing to trust what he says (a pinch of salt goes without saying with Lego leaks and intel).

Good point, it still doesn't really make sense to me though

What bothers me about these rumours is that they‘re not very specific regarding which minifig appears in what set, so we won‘t definitely know until everything is revealed :shrug_oh_well: For instance, if the remaining CMF minifigs leak first and the line-up doesn‘t include Lockhard, the leaker could still claim that he‘s in the D2C...

Even though the one false account claimed there was a $55 MoM set, the “He’s back” quote did come directly from kingnono, so that still hints at Fudge to me. I wouldn’t say no to a Wizengamot version of Fudge in the CMF, that would be neat (although that’s what he was wearing when he specifically said “he’s not back”).  Unique variants like that are perfect for CMFs, while first time main characters are likely to appear in sets down the line

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Well hey, last year the set pics leaked April 25th, perhaps we can expect them near to that time this year, it’s like less than a month, we’ll see everybody :)

Just now, Legoniche said:

Well hey, last year the set pics leaked April 25th, perhaps we can expect them near to that time this year, it’s like less than a month, we’ll see everybody :)

that wasn't a leak that was official.

Not setting myself up for disappointment, but I too hope the astronomy tower comes with a thestral. If not, it's okay, the greenhouse will do. Can't wait to make my Hogwarts bigger! Covid, get out of the way.

Just now, deskp said:

that wasn't a leak that was official.

Yeah and I think the images only leaked like the day before or something. Ninoleaks had the pics but his source wouldn’t let him show them and then they ended up leaking right before the official reveal if I recall correctly

41 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

A small amount of people we're able to see leaked instruction pictures of the Expecto Patronum set but the rest were officially revealed by LEGO

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Even though the one false account claimed there was a $55 MoM set, the “He’s back” quote did come directly from kingnono, so that still hints at Fudge to me.

See, this is why some people are skeptical of kingnono, because that hint is super vague. 

If it’s a quote does it refer to who’s saying it (Harry in GoF or Fudge in OotP) or who it’s about (Voldemort)? Or is it actually referring to a location?

And those who have been following kingnono’s leaks will remember that they sort of gave up on quotes after a while, and started with more general vague hints (i.e. ‘new hood/hat piece’, ‘father/son bond’, ‘a betrayer will join the collection’, ‘at least two of every house in the cmf’, etc.). kingnono might have decided to go back to quotes, or they might be talking about a character being back again after a long time - like a new version of Lockhart, Lucius, or Arthur. 

In short, kingnono’s hints are intentionally very vague and open to interpretation, either because they want to mess with us or protect themselves from legal trouble with lego. Either way, we won’t be able to confirm their veracity - or whether we’ve interpreted them right - until lego makes their official announcement. 

7 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Once we do get the pics it’ll be fun to guess which hint was aimed at which fig or set!

Not really, we'll only get the pictures for the june wave at the end of the month (unless the wave gets delayed) and we've known what figures come in those sets for quite some time. The CMF and D2C don't come out untill august/september so don't expect official pictures untill mid to late july, we also don't really know when the $100 (Burrow?) set releases because of the conflicting info we have. 

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not really, we'll only get the pictures for the june wave at the end of the month (unless the wave gets delayed) and we've known what figures come in those sets for quite some time. The CMF and D2C don't come out untill august/september so don't expect official pictures untill mid to late july, we also don't really know when the $100 (Burrow?) set releases because of the conflicting info we have. 

10th of may last year we got images for the 2. wave.

30 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Oh... guess it won’t be fun then ?

Seeing the sets after all these months will definetely be fun but we'll have to wait a bit longer to see if kingnono's info pans out

19 minutes ago, deskp said:

10th of may last year we got images for the 2. wave.

Then at least we wouldn't have to wait long for pictures of the $100 set (if it isn't a june release already). We'll definetely have to wait a bit longer for CMF and D2C reveals though. The CMF was revealed on June 27th with an August 1st release so logic would say the reveal would be around July 27th this year. The Hogwarts Castle D2C was revealed on July 25th with an August 15th release so this reveal should come around mid-August with a September release. 

So, I just got the Whomping Willow set and Snape's legs are missing the middle bit of printing. If I remember correctly, I saw this piece as leak on IG (?)

Is this a known alternative?

IMG_20200401_215725_20200401220309216.jpg

17 minutes ago, 0Marty0 said:

So, I just got the Whomping Willow set and Snape's legs are missing the middle bit of printing. If I remember correctly, I saw this piece as leak on IG (?)

IMG_20200401_215725_20200401220309216.jpg

I think lego have just changed what that one piece looks like.  So its the updated version that will eventually show up on all the figures

1 hour ago, 0Marty0 said:

How interesting. It has leaked on Greyback only a while ago. Strange how they're also changing it in older sets. I guess that means they're still fully producing the Willow set and that it won't retire anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

How interesting. It has leaked on Greyback only a while ago. Strange how they're also changing it in older sets. I guess that means they're still fully producing the Willow set and that it won't retire anytime soon.

I just looked at my 2 snapes from the whomping willow and quidditch match I bought not too long ago, and I hadn’t even noticed they both have the new legs:roflmao: Fail!

Just now, Otherworld said:

I just looked at my 2 snapes from the whomping willow and quidditch match I bought not too long ago, and I hadn’t even noticed they both have the new legs:roflmao: Fail!

Yeah I recently bought a second Quidditch Match set and he’s got the new legs. I think it’s a subtle but good change. Wasn’t totally necessary but now that they’ve done it, I’m like huh I like it