Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Your friend is so talented! The stegosaurus she shared is my ultimate favorite. Do you mind sharing her Instagram or Twitter handle where she posts her art? Thanks!

It's on the art (watermark)

3 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Your friend is so talented! The stegosaurus she shared is my ultimate favorite. Do you mind sharing her Instagram or Twitter handle where she posts her art? Thanks!

I agree! She is an amazing artist!! And yes, I love her Stegosaurus the most! Not only because it looks more than perfect but, it's also my favourite dinosaur!

The Dimorphodon looks pretty much the same as what I thought it would look like, but maybe the legs similar to that of the Ptetanodon and have a singular anti stud on the bottom. Also for the baby Ptetanodon: I imagine it's small, a single stud and basically it's in a sitting position (because I cant imagine a baby Ptetanodon can fly yet haha).

19 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

The Dimorphodon looks pretty much the same as what I thought it would look like, but maybe the legs similar to that of the Ptetanodon and have a singular anti stud on the bottom. Also for the baby Ptetanodon: I imagine it's small, a single stud and basically it's in a sitting position (because I cant imagine a baby Ptetanodon can fly yet haha).

Your ideas sound great! Baby pteranodon in sitting position totally make sense (I can’t imagine it flying too, haha). I really like your Dimorphodon idea, also. It would be awesome to get one but we will see. 

17 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Your ideas sound great! Baby pteranodon in sitting position totally make sense (I can’t imagine it flying too, haha). I really like your Dimorphodon idea, also. It would be awesome to get one but we will see. 

While we are talking about Pterasaurs, what about Quetzalocoatlus (not sure on that spelling)?

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

While we are talking about Pterasaurs, what about Quetzalocoatlus (not sure on that spelling)?

The only time a Quetzal ever made an appearance in a non-toy thing was Jurassic World: The Game so that's definetely not happening

Also, fyi: Lucca's a he 

3 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Funny, I had that same thought yesterday. Wwill,I don’t think it will happen because there is no appearance of it in JP/JW movies. 

What about the Jurassic world pitch trailer thing? Remember that had a Quetza that was flying over the beach and destroyed a lifeguard hut and I think are someone with another Quetza?

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The only time a Quetzal ever made an appearance in a non-toy thing was Jurassic World: The Game so that's definetely not happening

Also, fyi: Lucca's a he 

Oh, sorry

3 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

What about the Jurassic world pitch trailer thing? Remember that had a Quetza that was flying over the beach and destroyed a lifeguard hut and I think are someone with another Quetza?

That's obviously not canon in the slightest

What about Dimetrodon? I don’t think it is seen in any of these JP/JW movies. If I remember correctly, there is a statue of that dinosaur in Lockwood estate in Fallen Kingdom. In my opinion, i think it’s cool to see this dino comes in medium-sized figure with a new sail mold which it’s for Spinosaurus too. But I don’t think I’ve will get Dimetro tho. 

Speaking of Spinosaurus... I’m fascinated to see if and how this dino will be incorporated into Jurassic World Dominion. There have been so many paleontological discoveries (even just a few weeks ago!) related to Spinosaurus since JWIII that I highly doubt they will include the same animal from that film (didn’t Dr Grant torch it anyway?). I would love to see a new paleontologically accurate Spinosaurus (mostly aquatic) that’s either a BioSyn development or something that escaped the volcano by swimming away (like the Mosasaurus) from Isla Nublar. A Spinosaurus is #1 on my LEGO dino wish list, so I really hope the dino has a role to play in the film.

1200px-Spinosaurus_aegyptiacus.png

@Guyon2002 can you ask your friend to please make us a LEGO Spinosaurus mock up??? Haha I’m only half-joking!

51 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What about Dimetrodon? I don’t think it is seen in any of these JP/JW movies. If I remember correctly, there is a statue of that dinosaur in Lockwood estate in Fallen Kingdom. In my opinion, i think it’s cool to see this dino comes in medium-sized figure with a new sail mold which it’s for Spinosaurus too. But I don’t think I’ve will get Dimetro tho. 

It does appear in the museum but only for a couple of seconds so I really wouldn't say that's worth making brand new molds for, especially considering they put it in one of the stickers in the Lockwood Estate set. And Dimetrodon isn't a dinosaur, it's a mammal relative that went extinct roughly 40 to 60 million years before the first dinosaurs came around.

9 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Speaking of Spinosaurus... I’m fascinated to see if and how this dino will be incorporated into Jurassic World Dominion. There have been so many paleontological discoveries (even just a few weeks ago!) related to Spinosaurus since JWIII that I highly doubt they will include the same animal from that film (didn’t Dr Grant torch it anyway?). I would love to see a new paleontologically accurate Spinosaurus (mostly aquatic) that’s either a BioSyn development or something that escaped the volcano by swimming away (like the Mosasaurus) from Isla Nublar. A Spinosaurus is #1 on my LEGO dino wish list, so I really hope the dino has a role to play in the film.

1200px-Spinosaurus_aegyptiacus.png

@Guyon2002 can you ask your friend to please make us a LEGO Spinosaurus mock up??? Haha I’m only half-joking!

I don’t think Dr. Alan Grant did torch Spinosaur Spinosaur because I remember it simply fled in fear as it saw fire. And as you mentioned aquatic stuff, Spinosaur did ambush Dr. Grant and his group inside the river water (Not sure how deep water was in that JPIII tho).  But...I agree with you on paleontoicagical accurate. I would love to see Spinosaurs in Dominion and get Spinosaurus figure too! 

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It does appear in the museum but only for a couple of seconds so I really wouldn't say that's worth making brand new molds for, especially considering they put it in one of the stickers in the Lockwood Estate set. And Dimetrodon isn't a dinosaur, it's a mammal relative that went extinct roughly 40 to 60 million years before the first dinosaurs came around.

Yup, I 100% agree with you on this. And whoops, I thought Dimetro was a dino, my bad! 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 8/4/2020 at 12:23 PM, Guyon2002 said:

A Dimorphodon would be lovely to get but I doubt we ever will. But if we do get one here's what it could look like (yup, made by my friend again):

Dimorphodon_2020_Watermark.png

Thats a nice one. And I don't think, that since it is essentially a single piece of rubber would be that unrealistic. Themes like Ninjago or Star Wars get a lot of obscure Monster/Alien head and stuff that will be used in a single set, so why not JW? I think that Lego is finally realizing, that Dinos are very good for selling sets.

I think for a Lego Ornithocheirus it would only have to change the Pteranodons head and bottom jaw mold and the colours lol.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

On 8/7/2020 at 9:37 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

I think for a Lego Ornithocheirus it would only have to change the Pteranodons head and bottom jaw mold and the colours lol.

But it would be quite boring. The thing about Dimorphodon is that it is completly different from a Pteranodon. 

On 8/8/2020 at 5:38 PM, mon-o-mat said:

But it would be quite boring. The thing about Dimorphodon is that it is completly different from a Pteranodon. 

I guess, lol

I have both the Gallimimus Breakout and Wu's Lab now, which will be everything I am getting from this wave,

I have to say, that I am surprised, that the new baby-dinos are completly made out of hard plastic and not a bit of rubber.  The Lab is actually larger than I expected, althoug most of it get's it appeals by stickers (as I expected).

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

I have both the Gallimimus Breakout and Wu's Lab now, which will be everything I am getting from this wave,

Just because I'm curious: what made you decide to skip the Indominus v Anky set? It's by far my favorite of the wave 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just because I'm curious: what made you decide to skip the Indominus v Anky set? It's by far my favorite of the wave 

I skipped it too just because my Jurassic display is focused on the labs and the dino enclosures - not the rides. I’m also not a huge fan of how cartoony the eyes on the new Indominous Rex look. It’s almost like it was originally designed for a Camp Cretaceous set... If I do end up getting the set, which knowing me I probably will, it will be for the Ankylosaurus and for Claire in her white Jurassic World outfit. Hands down one of my favorite scenes in that movie is when Claire lures the T-Rex out of its enclosure by running through the park - in high heels - with a lit flare held above her head. I only wish Claire’s minifig had dual molded legs to show off her skirt and high heels instead of being solid white with no details.

12 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I skipped it too just because my Jurassic display is focused on the labs and the dino enclosures - not the rides. I’m also not a huge fan of how cartoony the eyes on the new Indominous Rex look. It’s almost like it was originally designed for a Camp Cretaceous set... If I do end up getting the set, which knowing me I probably will, it will be for the Ankylosaurus and for Claire in her white Jurassic World outfit. Hands down one of my favorite scenes in that movie is when Claire lures the T-Rex out of its enclosure by running through the park - in high heels - with a lit flare held above her head. I only wish Claire’s minifig had dual molded legs to show off her skirt and high heels instead of being solid white with no details.

I got I-Rex vs Ankylosaurus and I don’t have any problem with I-Rex’s eye deasign. They seem less cartoony to me. But I haven’t built this set yet. and I agree with you on Claire’s design.

12 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I don't mind the I-Rex's eye design so that's a plus for me I guess. Claire definetely needs dualmolded legs (something similar to Queenie and Umbridge from HP) but I put some spare Joker legs on her and it looks pretty great, not entirely accurate but better than plain legs (sorry about the picture's size, couldn't get it smaller lol). 

20200724_233516.jpg

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

A couple of points:

-I dislike the Indominus

- I am not really a fan of the park builds in general. While I think that the station looks good, I am also not a fan of ther whole Gyrosphere concept.

-For some parts of jungle, a small hut and the Anky the price is to high

So it looks like we finally know what the new Batmobile's based off: Double Trouble, a new upcoming LEGO JW short film. Featuring a baby Indominus and her sibling! They're cute as hell :wub:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So it looks like we finally know what the new Batmobile's based off: Double Trouble, a new upcoming LEGO JW short film. Featuring a baby Indominus and her sibling! They're cute as hell :wub:

Thank you for sharing!! I was not aware there is an upcoming LEGO JW short film. Baby Indominus and her siblings are darn adorable!