Sign in to follow this  
Francis Marion

Custom Pirate Weapons

I, for some odd reason, stay up very late researching weapons from the piratical time period. Some of the things I've found LEGO should have for their Pirates line are weapons such as the sabre (saber), the rapier, claymores (possibly), etc.

Has anyone made any of the aforementioned weapons at all? If so, do you have pictures?

mosqueton.jpg

It's not any of the weapons mentioned, but here's my simple version of a boarding musket, using one of the WW rifles.

You might find a claymore on Brickforge (or something like that) and a saber and a cutlass are extremely similar (I think), but no one has made rapiers. Maybe you could try making your own (ask how from Armothe or someone else) Until you find a solution, just use any avaliable replacements. :grin:

You might find a claymore on Brickforge (or something like that)

I believe you're referring to the Hero sword, am I right? Sorry, I should have been more specific in this. I meant a basket-hilted claymore as the typical highland claymore was relatively obselete by the time of pirates.

a saber and a cutlass are extremely similar (I think)

They are relatively similar, but a cutlass is shorter, broader, and heavier than a saber, which is fairly long and relatively lighter, as well as being useful for thrusting attacks

Edited by Francis Marion

I believe you're referring to the Hero sword, am I right? Sorry, I should have been more specific in this. I meant a basket-hilted claymore as the typical highland claymore was relatively obselete by the time of pirates.

They are relatively similar, but a cutlass is shorter, broader, and heavier than a saber, which is fairly long and relatively lighter, as well as being useful for thrusting attacks

Well then, I've got nothing for you. I don't think the saber matters. If you have to be 100% accurate, your not going to have that much luck.

I do recall modding a Little Armory scimitar. I cut the hilt from a normal cutlass and sticked it to the scimitar.

I quite liked the result!

I'll see if I can find it in my infinite mess of bricks..

Until then I have this picture!

eg.png

The guy on the right is holding the scimitar.