Gray Gear

[MOC] "Brickheadz" Origami Tobiichi - Instructions now available!

Hi there,

this is a Chrismas present for my little sister, a Brickheadz style figure of her favorite character Origami from a anime called "Date A Live".

If I want to gift this to my sister I will obviously need to have building instructions as well. I can work with LDD and LDCad, but I dont know any further.Help would be greatly appreaciated :blush:

IMG_20191116_115403.jpg

IMG_20191116_115331.jpg

IMG_20191116_115351.jpg

This is the first time for me posting outside of the "Technic and Model Team" section, and the first time I built something like this. I hope I posted at the right place.

Gray Gear

Edited by Gray Gear

That looks great for your first non-Technic MOC! But I don’t understand what you’re asking. If you have no problem using LDD, why not just use that to generate the instructions by clicking the button in the upper right corner and printing them out?

There are other options which you can find in the LDD forum, but this would be the easiest. 

A custom Lego set (as in a MOC with instructions) is a really cool idea.   :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Oky said:

If you have no problem using LDD, why not just use that to generate the instructions by clicking the button in the upper right corner and printing them out?

There are other options which you can find in the LDD forum, but this would be the easiest. 

LDD's auto generated instuctions aren't great... IMO

Talking about the LDD forum, I think that this might be of use.

Thank you :blush:

I have heared that stud.io can generate good instructions, but only for certain models. Is it worth to try it?

I was able to create the Instructions using stud.io, and it was fairly simple. I also made some more improvements, especially in the chest area.

IMG_20191213_124515__01.jpg

Since I made the instructions already, I might share them as well, right? They are now available for free on Rebrickable.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-32741/Gray_Gear/origami-tobiichi/#comments

Edited by Gray Gear