Sign in to follow this  
MxWinters

Personal Announcement

Hey everyone, as you may have seen from what I put in my signature a while back, life over the last couple of months hasn't been the greatest for my family and I. I don't wish to go into too much detail but my mother has been in and out of hospital serveral times, my sister has had issues with her mental health (partly down to her own stupidity) and I have had my own issues with mental health as well as starting life changing medication. Due to all of this, I have not been very active on this forum lately and have hardly posted anything to people's projects. Life stuff has got in the way and I have been more interested in dealing with those issues mentioned above than being social. I have been visiting this site and checking out some of your projects but I just haven't posted anything.

As for my artic lorry project, it to has been on hold and I have not done anything to it lately. However I plan on shooting the promo video as soon as the weather allows (its been quite windy and raining over the last few days). Once I have shot the video, edited it, I will publish it on YT, I will then post a project page in the Technic forum.

LorryDefocusedSmall.jpg
Until then, here is a little teaser of my lorry cab unit for you to look forward to.

Please forgive me for not being very active lately but I hope you understand.

Take Care
Morgan

Edited by MxWinters
Photo got deleted, reuploaded and fixed it

Everyone here knows how life & dealing with it gets in the way of our hobbies. We’ll still be around whenever you have time to check  in. 

Hello again, I guess its time to make my presence known on Eurobricks once more.

As mentioned above, life got a bit hard for a while then that whole pandemic thing happend and the whole world went crazy. Things for me are improving and have changed quite a bit, I don't wish to go into it. However you'll be pleased to hear that my love of the brick has got even deeper. Since I last posted, I have joined a LUG for the first time and have met some awesome people and seen some incredible models, been to a LEGO store for the first time and have generally taken my LEGO hobby up a gear.

My LEGO collection has expanded quite a lot over the past year and I have expended into System bricks as well as continuing to build with Technic.
As for Technic, my artic lorry (or semi-truck for the non-British) has drastically changed since the photo above and is much improved. The drivetrain has been the biggest issue given the amount of torque it has to deal with and has taken a huge amount to time to get right. The cab unit is now more less finished, I have built an A-trailer and I am now working on a B-trailer. This lorry is now a 1:16th scale double road train. My fellow LUG members have already seen and played with it and they seem to love it so I will be posting a proper thread about it here in a month or two so keep an eye in the Technic section. I am also building a Robot Wars style battle bot that a LUG member challenged me to build for my first LEGO show at the Plymouth Brick Festival in March 2022, a challenge he is going to regret giving me. I can't really give any details on it right now incase he see's it but I do plan on making some instructions publishing them after the Plymouth show should any other LEGO Robot Wars builders want to build it.
As for System bricks, I am in the very early stages of learning to build this way. I have bought a couple of system brick sets to gain building knowledge with and I am designing my first proper system brick model, this being a recreation of a famous landmark (instructions might be made public, it depends on serveral things), more details coming soon.

Some may remember the building area that I built. This has stayed largely the same apart from the LED batten light being replaced with a LED floorlight and I now have enough plastic tubs to fill the shelves. I plan on building a floor unit for PAB cups for more part storage (having been kindly given a load by a LUG member) which I plan on doing in the spring.

Although I haven't posted on here for a couple of years, I have been lurking and while certain recent events have been disappointing to see on here, some of the models posted have been fantastic, it always amazes me the creativity of some members and the quality of their builds is remarkable.

LorryDefocusedSmallNew.jpg
Until I post a full write-up of my lorry, I shall leave you with an updated teaser photo of the cab unit.

Take care and stay safe
Morgan

Edited by MxWinters
Image wasn't showing

Indeed, kinda sucks that the LUG is ~200 miles (3.5hrs) away but they do have a FB group and monthly zoom meetup's which saves driving ~400 mile round trip every month for the 2 hour inperson meetups. The LUG is fulled with great people and builders and they have made me so welcome so I don't mind driving up to Bristol when I can. The LEGO store visit was for the LUG Xmas party, we went to Cardiff and then the Bristol stores (spend WAY too much money), and then to a pub for the evening meal where I came away even more LEGO. The day is a blur but twas and awesome day nonetheless.