Android 2.8.1, iOS 1.4 update available.

- fixed a bug that caused a delay between the hub and controls in the profile use mode
- redesigned hub management screen in the profile editor
- redesigned mechanism for linking hubs to a profile
- added new theme "Audio"
- small fixes in the market

I am testing the Controlz app on iOS for controlling BuWizz3, including the usage of an Xbox Series controller. First of all, the app has a nice overall interface, I especially like the way the control programms are put together. Although I often do get lost in the menu system, going back and forth between editing/running/layout screens. It may take some getting used to, but maybe the icons are also a bit confusing sometimes (for example I never know whether to look for the hammer icon or the gear icon to set something up).

Anyway, I ran into 2 usage problems:

- First, servo steering does not seem to work properly (with PU L motor), it does not return to center, I mean it does not even try, it stays on one end (I set the slider to return to center and have negative values as well, and the slider does return to center). Furthermore, if I watch carefully, the steering does not even seem to move to any position I set with the slider, except for the two end points, so it seems to behave as if it only got +/- 1 signals or as if the motor was in normal mode (not servo). @_Ozzee_, should this be working properly? On the other hand, the strength of the steering is pretty good, it moves well under my medium heavy model with ease even on rough terrain.

- Second, if I use it with the Xbox controller, it sometimes overshoots for the acceleration, i.e. it keeps going even after I release the joystick. Also, occasionally, it has a delay when I start moving the joystick. This does not always happen though, sometimes it works well, and sometimes it suddenly seems not to receive signals in time. (I guess the problem is not the controller, because it works fine with the BrickController app). It seems more like an interference issue, as if something was blocking the signals for a while, or the received signals are not processed in time by the app. Anybody experienced anything similar?

On 7/21/2022 at 12:12 AM, gyenesvi said:

I am testing the Controlz app on iOS for controlling BuWizz3, including the usage of an Xbox Series controller. First of all, the app has a nice overall interface, I especially like the way the control programms are put together. Although I often do get lost in the menu system, going back and forth between editing/running/layout screens. It may take some getting used to, but maybe the icons are also a bit confusing sometimes (for example I never know whether to look for the hammer icon or the gear icon to set something up).

Anyway, I ran into 2 usage problems:

- First, servo steering does not seem to work properly (with PU L motor), it does not return to center, I mean it does not even try, it stays on one end (I set the slider to return to center and have negative values as well, and the slider does return to center). Furthermore, if I watch carefully, the steering does not even seem to move to any position I set with the slider, except for the two end points, so it seems to behave as if it only got +/- 1 signals or as if the motor was in normal mode (not servo). @_Ozzee_, should this be working properly? On the other hand, the strength of the steering is pretty good, it moves well under my medium heavy model with ease even on rough terrain.

- Second, if I use it with the Xbox controller, it sometimes overshoots for the acceleration, i.e. it keeps going even after I release the joystick. Also, occasionally, it has a delay when I start moving the joystick. This does not always happen though, sometimes it works well, and sometimes it suddenly seems not to receive signals in time. (I guess the problem is not the controller, because it works fine with the BrickController app). It seems more like an interference issue, as if something was blocking the signals for a while, or the received signals are not processed in time by the app. Anybody experienced anything similar?

Hello, thanks for your feedback.

Glad you like the app.

At the moment, the servo mode on BuWizz 3 does not work correctly. I figured out the cause and already fix it. This will be in the next update.

7 hours ago, _Ozzee_ said:

At the moment, the servo mode on BuWizz 3 does not work correctly. I figured out the cause and already fix it. This will be in the next update.

Thanks, that's great to hear! When is the next release scheduled?

Any feedback on the acceleration problem? Have you or anybody else experienced it?

14 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Thanks, that's great to hear! When is the next release scheduled?

Any feedback on the acceleration problem? Have you or anybody else experienced it?

The update is quite large, so it's hard to say for sure.  
Best option at the end of this week, worst next week.

I apologize for not responding about the delay.  Yes, I have seen this problem mentioned before, I can't reproduce it myself, it sometimes manifests itself, which makes it difficult to solve it.  I have some idea why this is happening and reworking some parts of the program should solve it.  
Anyway I'm following this issue.

Hi,

I downloaded the app and the buwizz extension. However the motors take about a second to react to input from the control or controller, also the motors do not run at the same time, it looks like they all go in series.

Is this a known issue? could not find anything about it.

I have 2 buwizz3 with 4 PF-L-motor and a PU servo connected.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by CharlesD

22 hours ago, CharlesD said:

Hi,

I downloaded the app and the buwizz extension. However the motors take about a second to react to input from the control or controller, also the motors do not run at the same time, it looks like they all go in series.

Is this a known issue? could not find anything about it.

I have 2 buwizz3 with 4 PF-L-motor and a PU servo connected.

Thanks in advance!

Hello.  Yes I know about this problem.  I run into her from time to time.  I have some ideas why this might be happening, but I can't find a way to permanently repeat this problem.  Usually the problem is solved by reconnecting.  Now I'm working on reworking the connection system, I think that the problem is in it.  As soon as I have news, I will definitely let you know.

1 hour ago, _Ozzee_ said:

Hello.  Yes I know about this problem.  I run into her from time to time.  I have some ideas why this might be happening, but I can't find a way to permanently repeat this problem.  Usually the problem is solved by reconnecting.  Now I'm working on reworking the connection system, I think that the problem is in it.  As soon as I have news, I will definitely let you know.

Thanks

Hi. Are Xbox and PS4 wireless controllers supported by this app? I connect them to my phone via BT but Controlz does not see them, nothing happens when I press any of buttons. In Brickcontroller2 they both work right away. 

Are there some step I need to do before controlz app recognizes the controller? 

Edited by Destro

On 8/3/2022 at 7:46 AM, _Ozzee_ said:

I apologize for not responding about the delay.  Yes, I have seen this problem mentioned before, I can't reproduce it myself, it sometimes manifests itself, which makes it difficult to solve it.  I have some idea why this is happening and reworking some parts of the program should solve it.  

Did you manage to come up with something about this issue? In the main Buwizz thread I have just described an issue I observed with my own experimental program to control the Buwizz, and I think it may have the same underlying reason in your app as well; it may be a firmware issue. Also, as I describe it in detail there, it may help you reproduce the issue (basically it needs slow ramp-up of the speed with the slider to manifest itself). Let me know what you think!

On 8/17/2022 at 8:55 PM, _Ozzee_ said:

Any chance we can have a Status for the PHY_CODED long range mode beeing used for the etablished connection?