Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

Vikings on Bricklink!

You are really into this, aren't you? How much did this cost?

$270... 36 Vikings, though! :-D

Plus shipping from Singapore, of course.......... :'(

Well, Congrats on your purchase. Give us some of your insights once you get the sets. I'm sure you will. ;)

You betcha. I'll build just one of each, though - except MAYBE the longboat.

On my to-buy list:

2x Viking Fortress

1x Viking Catapult (simply for my collection... 1 fig for $20? No thanks.)

Hopefully they become available soon as well!

I hope you can resist opening just one of each, as new LEGO sets are always tempting... ;) :D

I said BUILDING... I'll be opening them all. ;)

I said BUILDING... I'll be opening them all. ;)

That's what I figured you meant ;)

Life is Good.

:() oh wow i would love to have all of these thats for sure but i will have to wait untill they come out but untill then i can drool over the ones that your going to get bloodyjay...........

He hasn't let me know yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I need some sort of notification of the final price - including shipping - and then I give the seller my payment information? I'm new to Bricklink, could use some help here.

He hasn't let me know yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I need some sort of notification of the final price - including shipping - and then I give the seller my payment information? I'm new to Bricklink, could use some help here.

yes the seller would email you the final price and maby different prices for shipping depending on what kind of shipping you want then you as the buyer need to send out the money however you have decided to do that.

Hope that helped

He hasn't let me know yet.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I need some sort of notification of the final price - including shipping - and then I give the seller my payment information?  I'm new to Bricklink, could use some help here.

yes the seller would email you the final price and maby different prices for shipping depending on what kind of shipping you want then you as the buyer need to send out the money however you have decided to do that.

Hope that helped

Really puts my mind at ease, that's what I was hoping for! Thanks a million, chewie.

no problem i just recentley made a bricklink account and i had to buy from 4 different stores (to make my panthe tank) rite off the bat but you will learn very quickly

Bricklink can be great but there are sellers similar to many on ebay, PIRATES! :^D

Really you shouldn't have a problem. Make sure you read the splash page and the store policy page. Most international sellers will give you exactly what they charge based on weight or dollar amount. The also let you know about the methods of payment you can use. You can click the number next to their name to see their feedback and find out how well they treat their customers or how fast they are at completing an order.

Be careful though, Bricklink is a great way to become broke fast. You should soon find sellers who are reasonable and have good customer service. The nice thing about bricklink is you are not competing for something. The bad thing is that sometimes you must pay a little more.

I find Bricklink to be substantially more expensive than eBay, and equally substantially more reliable and safe. It's a small community, relatively speaking to eBay, so a bad egg gives the whole community a bad name and is quickly identified.

Bricklink is certainly where I go when I can't wait. But if you wait, ebay is always cheaper. Sometimes vastly cheaper.

Hopefully they'll have the Vikings at LegoLand California. I'll be there in 21 days (but who's counting)

Gyl

Update: Shipping was $40 for these sets, deboxed, with one set of instructions per set (to save on weight and subsequently shipping):

3x Viking Longboat

8x Viking Boat

2x Viking Warrior

This is from Singapore to East Coast US.

When you place your order with Simply Lego, you can just say that you want the Fortress as well in the comments, and they will add 89.99 to your shipping costs(and some more for the shipping on the fortress).

~Thrash

When you place your order with Simply Lego, you can just say that you want the Fortress as well in the comments, and they will add 89.99 to your shipping costs(and some more for the shipping on the fortress).

~Thrash

Shhhh! ;)

I already ordered two a few days ago... :-D

And welcome to the boards, by the way! Looks like we have another Vikings fan on our hands - could always use more of those, eh Phes? ;)

Haha...sorry to ruin your little secret.

I was going to order one of each of the 4 sets that they have available, but they say that the shipping is like $53, and I live on the east coast. I dont know why mine is so much more than yours when you ordered like 10 more sets than me. Can I get the shipping cost down by telling her to take them out of their boxes?

~Thrash

Definitely! I ordered:

2x Viking Fortress

3x Viking Longboat

8x Viking Boat

2x Warrior

Now, the trick here is to get them deboxed and have multiple instructions removed. My shipping is around $60. Still, that's much better than getting someone in the UK or Europe to buy them and pay 1.35 or 1.95 times the prices for each!