BrickWild

What is your Ceiling Height?

For our house, the ceiling height (from floor skirting to cornice) is 8 Feet (2.44 Metres approx) tall.
That is a bit short for typical storage of a growing model collection.

In future years, I plan on moving to a larger house with higher ceilings.

What is your ceiling height?

I think mine are the same. Did you also take into account of increased heating/cooling costs for higher ceilings eating into the LEGO funds?  :wink:

A few years back, my Lego room was a spare bedroom with 9 foot ceilings, which allowed for tall bookcases and plenty of shelf space to display models.  When my daughter was born I had to move to the attic where, now, I have a 2ft knee wall and a sloping ceiling that makes it hard to display much of anything except a single row of Modulars and a few dozen trains, cars and spaceships.  Sadly, most of my "display" pieces now live in boxes in the basement awaiting their next chance to see daylight at a convention or gallery showing.  My wife and I have talked about moving to a bigger house, but I'm not sure how she'd feel about my putting in for "500+ square feet of Lego display and workshop, must have 9' ceilings or higher" as a selection criterion. 

Ceilling is something to take into account when having a Lego-room.

I have a 2 meters high one which is very low. However, my room is 17 meters square that I have to share between my bedroom and my Lego-room.

It wasn't a problem with a small collection, but since two years, it's becoming to be difficult to handle. My room is looking full, boxes are the highest possible on top of furnitures.

I didn't anticipate this problem, but with such a large collection today I would have choosen an higher room.

Been to my brother's house and the ceilings there are slightly higher.
Older houses around Australia & New Zealand often have higher ceilings.