Rustinidiel

[MOC] U8-3R

Hi all,

this is my creation for the Landspeeder contest..

His name is U8-3R (:laugh:) and is not only a speeder driven by a droid.. the speeder itself is the droid and the robotic torso is mounted and connected by a wire... is a hybrid fusion by a machine with... another machine....

this speeder was created to have an automatic transport system during the Empire era and can be used by officers and troops for reach various location and base... but it can allow the "touristic" function and the public transport...

46961396695_5a22b07e47_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

47825489572_5650895f8f_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

The shape is like a sidecar, with a main speederbike driven by the mechanical droid torso, and the passenger cockpit with an openable glass dome..

there are two laser cannon for protect the passengers and an headlight.. an antenna on the back for data transmission and the green light for show the speeder's aviability 

46961396625_9e2d55d5df_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

the glass dome can be opened and inside there are two confortable seats for passengers

32933423157_ae41b93b10_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

the space inside the dome is enough to fit two minifig with hat or helmet and the glass easly slide from open to close to open

46961396555_be0277fe44_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

next to the pilot droid there is an holographic control screen and inside the passenger cockpit there is an holographic Emperor avatar as interactive tourist guide

32933423017_4a83927299_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

the dome can be closed with inside the two minifig and the Emperor hologram activated

46961396465_eb04a28df0_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

behind the laser cannons there are the computers and they are the brain of the entire speeder... the droid torso is only an avatar to allow the use of mechanical function of the speeder because the speeder was created for a human use and adapted with a droid brain afterward

32933422687_6d9e0fec28_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

the holographic control screen show a map or data about passengers

46961396285_1d157e6738_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

behind the seats there are space for the passengers baggage, like a suitcase or blaster rifle

32933422267_724c2a5495_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

46961396065_a73351b951_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

the holographic Emperor avatar let the passengers to have communication with the imperial bases or can be used as a virtual assistant or touristic guide

32933421777_d1a2cfac90_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

46961395845_24517c4e72_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

32933421287_0862ac0610_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

the passenger seats can be reclined to access to the baggage space

the render of LDD is not perfect with colors... the main body is in metallic silver and the exhaust of the speeder is in flat silver and the flexible hose is in light gray.. I've used only existing parts in existing colors

I hope you like this creation, and as always comments, suggests, criticism are very welcome

Edit:

without change any part and mantaining the clean look, theese are the possible combinations of color:

34004022608_df260b81f6_b.jpgU8-3R by Rusty B.

Edited by Rustinidiel

Hi, yes, I saw this in the contest. Nice and packed with details. I could see it speeding around the diplomatic district on Coruscant. Will you build it with real bricks?

i also saw it in the contest, great design. question, which set has that dome piece, i would love to order a set of them...:classic:

6 hours ago, Jody Meyer said:

question, which set has that dome piece

Set 7592 - the old Buzz Lightyear set from 2010, I believe, unless there's a newer set that has a similar piece.

10 hours ago, Banzayn said:

Wow..quite brilliant?

thanks a lot for your appreciation!

8 hours ago, Retro said:

Hi, yes, I saw this in the contest. Nice and packed with details. I could see it speeding around the diplomatic district on Coruscant. Will you build it with real bricks?

despite the originality, the details, the contextualization and the approach with playability in a very little speeder... in the contest i obtained really a few votes... anyway i'm glad you like it!

my plan is to build it in real bricks in future... i've not enaugh money to buy bricks for my creation, my collection of real models is very poor... for that i submit my creation in contests, trying to win something and use it to gain bricks...

8 hours ago, Jody Meyer said:

i also saw it in the contest, great design. question, which set has that dome piece, i would love to order a set of them...:classic:

as Deraven said, the set containing the glass dome is "Contruct-A-Buzz" 7592

and for what i know is the only set with those parts...

thanks for your comment!

guys, you got some suggestion or critics to improve the creation?

1 hour ago, Jody Meyer said:

Can the "bike part" go on ether side of the dome? :classic:

english is not my language... so be patient :laugh:

are you meaning a movable dome around the "bike" or are you meaning simply a opposite position of "bike" and dome?

45 minutes ago, Rustinidiel said:

english is not my language... so be patient :laugh:

are you meaning a movable dome around the "bike" or are you meaning simply a opposite position of "bike" and dome?

An opposite position of the "bike" part. 

18 minutes ago, Jody Meyer said:

An opposite position of the "bike" part. 

i designed it in that position because i everytime saw sidecars in that configuration... but ofcourse, is possible, building the model mirrored

I'm sorry you don't have many bricks. Hopefully this will improve in the future. 

I don't think there is anything that really needs to be 'improved' in the model.

If your question is about making a model more 'popular' for the competition, I think that's a different question. And remember everyone only had two votes, and the standard was quite high.

There is certainly a preference for models made out of real bricks, for various reasons. This doesn't help you, I know. 

It would have been nice if there had been more voter interest from other forums like Sci-Fi and Ninjago. But If I were to summarise the voting pattern that did happen, I would say the voters liked a lot of intricate details and greebling, and also leaned towards a traditional, othodox Star Wars aesthetic.