Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

1 hour ago, Ragana9289 said:

Police and firefighters. We need more civilian vehicles and buildings.

Well....we do get the mega sets every year. It would be nice to see one year where City doesn't do any new police or fire sets. I mean, Lego is a trillion dollar company. They can afford to do that. Don't replace them with other topics though. That'll only cause trouble. Just don't make them for a year. 

But.... on another note, I must re ently heard that Lego does assign particular teams of people to certain themes. The income that comes from those sets goes to that particular team of workers. No one else. That's probably why they have to put what sells before other things. I don't know if that's true or not. That's just what I heard. 

Edited by pooda

I don't know what you are talking about, but LEGO isn't a trillion dollar company. They also pay people to design sets, those people don't get a cut of only those sets. That doesn't even make sense. Do you understand how business works? How long do you think LEGO will make billions a year if they don't release top sellers?

48 minutes ago, Maple said:

I don't know what you are talking about, but LEGO isn't a trillion dollar company. They also pay people to design sets, those people don't get a cut of only those sets. That doesn't even make sense. Do you understand how business works? How long do you think LEGO will make billions a year if they don't release top sellers?

Ok. You're in full blown attack mode. But you didn't even see the end of my statement. 

I said I don't know if it's true or not. That's just what I heard. That means....I'm not sure. Besides, a forum is where we can speculate. Not everything we say is going to be based on exact evidence.  

Edited by pooda

6 hours ago, Maple said:

In 2012, it was reported that The LegoGroup had become the world's most valuable toy company ahead of Mattel with a value at over $14.6 billion.’

Not that poor though 

On 11/10/2019 at 1:55 AM, Maple said:

You are dead to me. Dead. :laugh:
World City is better than 95% of the rescue junk City makes today.

The only positive thing about World City was the design go the boxes. Sets were really queer.

6 hours ago, pooda said:

Ok. You're in full blown attack mode. But you didn't even see the end of my statement. 

I said I don't know if it's true or not. That's just what I heard. That means....I'm not sure. Besides, a forum is where we can speculate. Not everything we say is going to be based on exact evidence.  

He’s not in attack mode, he challenged you. Nothing wrong with that. He made excellent points too.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

He’s not in attack mode, he challenged you. Nothing wrong with that. He made excellent points too.

Its something wrong. He's acting like I was saying it was definite. I wasn't. I was simply sharing what I was told in a speculative manner as though it could possibly be untrue. 

1 hour ago, Night City Dream said:

The only positive thing about World City was the design go the boxes. Sets were really queer.

Ikr

Edited by pooda

28 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

For those who would like to debate World City, I have just created a topic for such discussion: 

Thank you. Now that debate is out of the way, lets talk about 2020 sets.

I'll start. I'm hoping for another Civilian minifigure packs based on parks cause I miss those three years ago.

19 minutes ago, AMD said:

Thank you. Now that debate is out of the way, lets talk about 2020 sets.

Yeah! Like how pissed I'll be if this year's service center is a 4+ set. 

2 minutes ago, pooda said:

Yeah! Like how pissed I'll be if this year's service center is a 4+ set. 

Come to think of it. The piece count is 343 pieces, so maybe? but who's to say, we haven't seen the pictures yet by any chance. 

6 minutes ago, pooda said:

@AMD I also would like to see another bus this year too. Maybe a school bus this time. Perhaps that's what one of the unnamed Great Vehicles is. 

:laugh: You can't have a school bus without an actual school. 

1 hour ago, AMD said:

:laugh: You can't have a school bus without an actual school. 

:laugh: Oh...of course you can. Just like you can have a tow truck without a garage or a news van without a news station. 

32 minutes ago, pooda said:

:laugh: Oh...of course you can. Just like you can have a tow truck without a garage or a news van without a news station. 

:laugh: or an ambulance without a hospital or a fire truck without a fire station or a police car without a police station or any of the construction vehicles without....uh. Wait! Where do the construction vehicles came from?

Edited by AMD

9 hours ago, pooda said:

My hope for 60260 to 60266 is that its a revival of the Farm subtheme. 

I wouldn't count on that. 

Although, we did get a harvester this year... 

Still, very unlikely.

4 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

I wouldn't count on that. 

Although, we did get a harvester this year... 

Still, very unlikely.

Ugh. That's the issue with most people on this community. You've got no vision. Be an optimist dude. Pessimism is for dream crushers.