Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

53 minutes ago, Maple said:

The current City City Police Station is $54 in the USA on Amazon. It might be the worst one Lego has made in awhile but it' still cheaper than next year's set will be.

Nah. The worse one was the sky police air base. 

1 hour ago, pooda said:

As for that "If you want race cars, buy Speed Champions" comment...That's like saying "If you want police sets, buy classic police". But like you told me, Lego is primarily for children. So our rants will go unheard. Especially when it comes to things that sell like race cars and emergency vehicles. 

It is also like saying Star Wars is Classic Space so....

3 minutes ago, Asajki said:

It is also like saying Star Wars is Classic Space so....

That's dumb to say too. Hopefully my statements didn't come across like that. 

24 minutes ago, Ragana9289 said:

We are waiting for another restart of the police and fire stations.

I estimate that we won't get our next fire station until 2022. 

But I pretty much have begun to anticipate the following every year: police sets, explorers sets and great vehicles. 

4 hours ago, pooda said:

Nah. The worse one was the sky police air base. 

I meant of the City City theme, not a sub theme of City Police.

42 minutes ago, Maple said:

I meant of the City City theme, not a sub theme of City Police.

I didn't really have a beef with any tbh. But I didn't really care for 7237 because of the grey piece it sat on. It gave too much of a nod to World City......which was by far, one of the worse investments ever made by Lego. 

Edited by pooda

15 minutes ago, pooda said:

World City......which was by far, one of the worse investments ever made by Lego. 

You are dead to me. Dead. :laugh:
World City is better than 95% of the rescue junk City makes today.

9 minutes ago, Maple said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

World City is one of THE WORST LEGO THEMES EVER!

Image result for world city police car

Where's the roof? And those wheels are way to small!

Image result for world city police helicopter

Who squashed his helicopter?

Image result for world city police

IS THAT A TANK?? And is that a station or a cylinder and a square?

Someone needs to lay off all the doughnuts, what a fat looking truck! And those wheels are way to small!
Related image

HOW BLOCKY!!

The edgy van and the off road 4x4 sedan

Is that a van or a block? And Police money transporter? It was bad in 2017 but it's worse here! And those wheels are way to small!

Related image

That's not a fireboat! More of a speedboat

Image result for world city coast guard

A Jack Stone level build on a mound of sand!

Image result for world city train

Mom! This train has an alsa! I've seen better looking trains in duplo!
Image result for world city train

I actually kinda like this one...
But other than the last one, I couldn't find a good world city set, I found an okay one, but it wasn't good

World City is a poor theme and massively overated, not to mention, the theme was almost entirely rescue stuff, the rest was train stuff, no normal civillian stuff!

23 minutes ago, Maple said:

You are dead to me. Dead. :laugh:

Says one of the guys here who defends police sets being made every darn year. :laugh:

Edited by pooda

40 minutes ago, pooda said:

I didn't really have a beef with any tbh. But I didn't really care for 7237 because of the grey piece it sat on. It gave too much of a nod to World City......which was by far, one of the worse investments ever made by Lego. 

Agreed, it looks so edgy too, I'm so glad they got rid of 'edgelord black' for police sets, in other sets I don't mind but in police...

Just now, pooda said:

Says one of the guys here who defends police sets. 

I mean, World City is mostly rescue stuff...

4 minutes ago, Asajki said:

Agreed, it looks so edgy too, I'm so glad they got rid of 'edgelord black' for police sets, in other sets I don't mind but in police...

Yeah! White and blue are much better colors for police. 

4 minutes ago, Asajki said:

I mean, World City is mostly rescue stuff...

LOL! City is too in a way. 

Actually no. It isn't. In City, emergency splits the fame between it and explorers. 

Edited by pooda

Just now, pooda said:

LOL! City is too in a way. 

Actually no. It isn't. In City, emergency splits the fame between it and explorers. 

City has the odd civillian set here and there, world city doesn't

Just now, Asajki said:

City has the odd civillian set here and there, world city doesn't

Yeah. Good point. 

If it were up to me, the themes that sell would get three year rotation status. They'd go as follows. 

• Police (...and I don't mean different police themes. Just police)
  • Fire (though that already gets three year status)
  • Medical (which I think deserves three years instead of six years)
  • Airport
  • Coast Guard 
  • Harbour
  • Construction 
  • Trains 
  • Arctic 
  • Miners 
  • Space 

That's how I'd do it. Other stuff would be special edition. 

Did you actually say 'holy BLOCKY'? Am I not on a LEGO site?!

The big fire boat is awesome, the small one is nice too. Both have been copied a million times since in City. The FBI spy cars are fantastic. Right up there with the golden age of the 90s. That police truck is SMALLER than the 2017 one. The theme lasted like two years tops during the down days of LEGO and still has about the same amount of citizen sets as City did it's early years.

Train Shed is one of the best town based sets ever made. I feel like you people are just trolling me because it's so obvious the influence World City had on sets even to this day.

But I'll go play with my World City sets, you have fun with Sky Cops.

4 minutes ago, Maple said:

Train Shed is one of the best town based sets ever made. I feel like you people are just trolling me because it's so obvious the influence World City had on sets even to this day.

That's probably the only redeeming quality about World City. Lmao 

4 minutes ago, Maple said:

But I'll go play with my World City sets, you have fun with Sky Cops.

I don't even like sky police dude. You know that. Matter of fact, I only have one of this year's police sets; the diamond heist and the patrol car. Though I should also count the bike that Duke Detain is on that comes with the Doughnut Shop Opening. 

Edited by pooda

9 hours ago, Maple said:
9 hours ago, pooda said:

The space theme we have now is actually present day and is based off of NASA. It was brought back to celebrate its anniversary. 

As for futuristic? We've got Star Wars. 

I mean like 'Classic' Space, or even Space Police / Galaxy Squad type. I don't want Star Wars sets, Galaxy Squad had some awesome designs. One of my favorite themes ever was Alien Conquest.

If you want race cars then by Speed Champaign sets. But no, two things of racers but no Space theme besides Star Junk.

Personally, I think a new in-house Space theme to follow-up Galaxy Squad may finally have a chance now thanks to Star Wars' upcoming cinematic hiatus following the release of Ep. IX. :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, Maple said:

I feel like you people are just trolling me because it's so obvious the influence World City had on sets even to this day.

Lets be real, there are those who are like this just because of a specific genre that is either popular/unpopular through the internet :wink: 

Also, isn't this supposed to be a 2020 rumor topic? Because its slowly turning into a discussion of existing City/World City sets.

Can we talk about the speculation of turbo wheels like say a formula car that is reminiscent of the 1996 race sub-theme or a character that may come back like Rocket Racer? (Come to think of it, that would be awesome)

How about the 2020 Police? Let's talk about Police monster truck heist cause that to me is the most ridiculous name I ever heard but good enough for the kids to be excited.

Ice Cream Truck? Street Sweeper? 60250 that is one of the great vehicles but was unnamed? Come on guys, lets get back to the topic we were supposed to be talking about.

Edited by AMD

2 hours ago, AMD said:

Come on guys, lets get back to the topic we were supposed to be talking about.

I keep trying to stay on topic. Some how, it keeps getting back off. 

Edited by pooda

I remember last year really looking forward to the new garbage truck. But then when the pics came out and it was revealed to be just a 4+ set I was really disappointed.

I suppose it's worth considering that a few of the new rumored city sets might be 4+ juniors sets as well. Is there any sort of list that gives info about how many parts will be in each set? This might help to indicate which ones could be 4+.

I hope it's not the Ice Cream truck, I'm really looking forward to that one.

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

Is there any sort of list that gives info about how many parts will be in each set?

Check out my boy, Brother From Another Brick on YouTube. He'll tell ya. 

Another vehicle I hope they release in 2020 is a Ferry. I'm now beating myself over the head that I didn't get the one from 2016 when I had the chance. 

3 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

At least World City had some solid minifigs...

None of them look good!

wc010.png

Yeesh! Who ruined your day?

wc009.png

That smile is uncomfortably creepy

trn004.png

Did he really need a nose? I know it's Timmy from Time Twisters but every figure had noses then, here it's just him

trn116.png

(Bang bang bang) FBI OPEN UP!

wc006.png

His suit is so messy! Like, has he just woken up also, who ruined his day? He looks like he'd fire you on the spot!
chef010.png

That's kinda racist

wc014.png

Those pupils! What is he on? (Almost every WC fig had wide eyes)

trn002.png

He's a train worker? I wouldn't trust him on one, he looks a little 'out of it'

Oh right, 2020 Lego, as long as they don't bring back these awful heads and vehicles, I'm mostly cool with it

AND MAKE ANOTHER BUS! Please? Like a Double Decker one? How about a taxi? Like, one on it's own as a great vehicle, or another set like 8402, I've always wanted more normal civillian cars!

Edited by Asajki

@Asajki Those commentaries had me on the floor. You're funny. 

1 hour ago, Asajki said:

AND MAKE ANOTHER BUS! Please? Like a Double Decker one? How about a taxi? Like, one on it's own as a great vehicle, or another set like 8402, I've always wanted more normal civillian cars!

Will they sell though would be my only question. Otherwise, I'm there with you. 

As for the buses, I personally  would like to see a subtheme centered around the transit system. My hope is that Lego surprises us with one this year. 

Edited by pooda