Sign in to follow this  
1980SomethingSpaceGuy

[BSBA] Cat B - The Space Bar

This time, Benny and his friends were called on duty as they were enjoying themselves at their favorite spot; the Space Bar!
y4meH_NuWt-xqe0ztPdJKEKQEUofzp1N9mCPuakV

It's a nice place to hang out. Gino the bartender is most friendly.
y4muAC2T7KTBKKPDl1m3XKqNygr7rg8Eb6azUvpZ

He can synthetize any drink you like. And the primitive components' kegs can be replaced easily.
y4mr_bWxU_Gdg69DMrMj-e5efHrksH4auUv0tviK

y4mGi_ltBxi2N6cUFADQZoi0VqySpLI14GH12728

Be sure to test the lounge area too. Quite the deal, after a few drinks from outer space.
y4m5dZwSR3fim4hKqsomwLRawUJccytVM_JwKdje

Then, Benny and friends had to go on mission without delay. They borrowed Gino a few parts. In fact he was left with almost nothing but the promise they will come back and pay for their drinks... and the rest. Being a bartender is not an easy life!
And it was spaceship building time. This is what Benny came up with using parts from the Space Bar:
y4mQasV6SLPSQQ7E2xicwsuhErapaSw0Du06FTEj

y4mEdqmZwcZtk49d0RXX_T15vZuXTK2g2WSdMtpK

y4m02ilUqbfy4hGwPmYvzq8dgwjhYjFt2ON8y1OL

y4mDwXM42Tcrcbj4ewH1dTnsOYhGHWJBxpwBZzcI

y4mjoZaltLCnag1GKn1uJX0KIudoeufbqes-DRup

y4mV_x0QsADVk2EtYrRgjYO2YrEb4W14jev2ZxEN

y4mGYjowIm3-TGA1B8Md0GGng4_rOAtr9sCM1PYN

y4mo5vZbjC3XqArmPQGuUiRz15GQ44KRKHXvWXe9

y4m5EijGetagOBpsEBf0fI3FJp2zz6CtqXiQDkoq

y4mP628HHWOr8xxVNhoy175q-o0l4ST1DKkjWwmF

y4mW-NNZLLy3gMsE8MVxF2BmTylQVDb_dgdWEM-P

y4mI7XHHL7vfFxiOYCScBJz8Qf9_jS2mnjc_O4Wc

y4mnILbGwJ_j6CJcIzjj-JuIL2-ZfNsf4nq-8UGj

Spaceship!
I felt I had to put it an entry for Cat B. With not much time nor parts, each one of these MOCs are one night builds. I started sorting out all parts in the classic space color scheme that were more or less usable in a spaceship and built something that was not a spaceship with them. The Space Bar appeared. Then, the following night, I dismantled the bar and started building a spaceship. It was a very fun experience, even if the result is quite modest.
It's now very late, I think I need some rest. Too bad the bar is gone... :tongue:

Edited by 1980SomethingSpaceGuy
Replaced 4AM dim photos

Looks great! The ship has that quirky classic space-futuron vibe that slicker builds just don't have. I´m sure your approach to piece selection had a positive effect on that. And most of all it looks like a lot of fun :). Also those chairs are indeed awesome. My favourite entry.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:49 AM, ExeSandbox said:

Daaayumm those chairs....*oh2**huh**oh2*!

Chill, ain't it? :wink:

On 4/29/2019 at 9:20 PM, Moriboe said:

Looks great! The ship has that quirky classic space-futuron vibe that slicker builds just don't have. I´m sure your approach to piece selection had a positive effect on that. And most of all it looks like a lot of fun :). Also those chairs are indeed awesome. My favourite entry.

Thanks! Yes, there were no other entries with that classic space color theme and style, so I felt I had to! :classic:

It was 4AM CET on the initial deadline day when I finished publishing the spaceship pictures. So they were quite dim and most notably, the transparent yellow parts lack their fluorescent shine in the absence of UV. Since the deadline was pushed, I thought it was okay to post better pics with acceptable lighting.

It's not a huge build, but it is tough enough to let my kids play with it, plus it has nice play features. Tested and approved! :sweet:

Edited by 1980SomethingSpaceGuy
Replaced 4AM dim photos in main post

I love this, especially those chairs. Genius. It's really creative build and full of fun. Great work :thumbup:

2 hours ago, grum64 said:

I love this, especially those chairs. Genius. It's really creative build and full of fun. Great work :thumbup:

Thanks Grum! 

The spaceship could be improved a lot, but even more than time (this was built in one night, the last day of the contest) I had to make do with the parts I have. This is about all blue/grey parts left that I have:
y4m4Jyvpg_d_BliNovUw9e-IdCIJfsKwzLfUrimg

For example, I wish I could have used more blue, but almost all the blue went under the body, and I even had to build a rib cage-like structure because I got carried away and the ship ended bigger than expected. The upside is that it is quite light!
So it has flaws, but not in terms of playability. Which is my priority: my kids have to be able to play with my MOCs.

Thanks for reading!