Sign in to follow this  
goalieboy82

Landscape question

i was wondering, what color bricks should i use for an diorama of an island off of Southern Africa, say something like off of Angolan or Mozambique (or even Gabon).

its will be an alt past (South African Border War time)

If you're unsure on the colours you should use, it might be worth trying out digital building software like LDD, Stud.io, or Mecabricks, which allows you access to a vast library of parts to play with without spending a penny. Stud.io in particular is good at having an option for hiding colours for pieces that they've never been produced in.

Once you've made the decisions on what and how to put it together, then you can start purchasing things on Bricklink, PaB, or Bricks and Pieces. This method of working has been pretty lifesaving for me as a student with no meaningful LEGO budget at current!

Edited by toastergrl

6 hours ago, toastergrl said:

If you're unsure on the colours you should use, it might be worth trying out digital building software like LDD, Stud.io, or Mecabricks, which allows you access to a vast library of parts to play with without spending a penny. Stud.io in particular is good at having an option for hiding colours for pieces that they've never been produced in.

Once you've made the decisions on what and how to put it together, then you can start purchasing things on Bricklink, PaB, or Bricks and Pieces. This method of working has been pretty lifesaving for me as a student with no meaningful LEGO budget at current!

was just wondering on what colors would be the right ones (i know where to get the parts).  

I think if I were doing this I would use tans and browns for sand and dirt, greens for foliage and greys for rock, with a various mix of other colors for texture and detail, reds, yellows even blues if you have some water features. I would definitely check out some region, terrain images of suitable subject matter and go from there. Obviously look to other colors to make it all come together and not look bland and unimaginative. 

14 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

would Sand Yellow work too?

If you want it to. You could also add touches of other colours as accents, such as dark orange or the odd light and dark bluish grey parts.