Pvdb

[WIP] Ultimatum GTR (Successor)

I have finally had some decent time to get my Lego out so have been playing with the new gearbox parts from the Chiron with the aim of installing a new gearbox into my last supercar

800x600.jpg

I have ended up with a 6+N+R sequential gear box.  A nicely working return to centre gear stick, adjustable seats upgrade and completely redesigning the chassis.  I am thinking about some changes to the body work as well to differentiate the MOC but not quite at that stage yet.  The shifting mechanism evolves from the recent one discussed in topic 

The gearbox looks to reduce friction as only half of it is driven at any time.  I probably need to build a stand alone version to show how it works properly - when I get time.

The step ratios between the gears are also fairly realistic as each gear doesn't share its ratio with any other gear further down the sequence.

Gear Step Ratio
2 1.667
3 1.333
4 1.250
5 1.200
6 1.200

800x1067.jpg

Shakey (hand held) video that shows the sequence

https://bricksafe.com/files/PvdB/mocs/ultimatum-gtr-s/VID_20190407_115614168.mp4

Edited by Pvdb

Great to see you back doing what you do best Paul. I know what a perfectionist you are and how much time (usually well into the wee small hours) you put into your builds. I really look forward to see where this goes.

Fascinating gearbox!!! Looking forward to this new iteration/ design, you’re a gear box wizard!