Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Three

Please Only Post in Here With Your Given Anonymous Accounts!
Only Players Post In Here Please!!!

pirates_banner.png

---

img_1763.jpg

Captain Redbeard gathered the crew the morning after Remy's lynching.

"It seems you all made it through the night this time. Regrettably, Remy was a Loyal Pirate. Do better today!"

---

Alive Players:
alden.jpg
Jack “One Eye” Alden
dixon.jpg
Timothy “The Butcher” Dixon
hammond.jpg
Louisa “The Fierce” Hammond
brewster.jpg
Bartholomew “Barty” Brewster
triggs.jpg
Patrick “Paddy” Triggs
finch.jpg
Joseph “The Ruthless” Finch
chapman.jpg
Thomas “Lucky” Chapman
langley.jpg
Malcolm “Swab’s The Deck” Langley 
holton.jpg
Geoffrey “The Brave” Holton
smith.jpg
Gordon “Crow’s Nest” Smith
ogden.jpg
Henry “The Kraken” Ogden
clayton.jpg
Nigel “The Immortal” Clayton

In Davy Jones' Locker:
pinkerton.jpg
Alexander “The Anchor” Pinkerton - Loyal Pirate (mod-killed, Night One)
thornton.jpg
Jane “One-Eared” Thornton - Loyal Pirate (run through, Night One) 
fontaine.jpg
Remy “The French” Fontaine - Loyal Pirate (walked the plank, Day Two)

---

Rules (Please Read!):

1)    Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is completely anonymous. You are not to disclose your participation in this game anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are.

2)    In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private. There is no way to successfully enforce this rule, and I don’t encourage people running and snitching if someone has done it.

3)    You are either a Loyal Pirate or an Imperial Soldier. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.

4)    A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours. Do not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

5)    The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.

6)    You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. 

7)    If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. There will not be a deadboard and even when you die, you are not to reveal your identity or reveal your participation. You will find out who played who at the end of the game

8)    Don’t edit your posts, please.

9)    Please post in every day thread. If something comes up, please come to me privately and let me know. 

10)    Try to be nice to your fellow players.

Once again, players only and please use your given alternate account! Please PM me with any questions! 

I wish that Remy had cared a little more, but I'm happy we didn't lose anyone else overnight.

We need to take a closer look at Nigel and Gordon today. 

Arrg! I really thought we had a scum last night. I think an important thing to remember is that now it seems we lost some kind of night action. Not too good.  

I'm a bit curious about Louisa. On day 1 she was wanting to lynch Remy, at the start of day 2 she acted like she was against it, then in the middle of the of the day flipped flopped and said the accusations against Remy seemed town led. I would definitely like to hear more on why she suddenly changed her mind in the middle of the day. It seems kind of odd to be so comfortable with a lynch when you stated you felt odd about it, yet just because the lynch was not a complete bandwagon you are now ok with it. This seems very odd to me. 

Also good to note no one was killed last night. 

I’m in agreement with Malcolm and Jack’s sentiment regarding Nigel and Louisa. My personal top suspect is Louisa, especially after her flip floppiness yesterday regarding Remy’s lynch.

3 hours ago, Malcolm Langley said:

I think an important thing to remember is that now it seems we lost some kind of night action. Not too good.  

This is not necessarily the case.  A choice block and a good doctor could explain the lack of night kills.

55 minutes ago, Gordon Smith said:

I’m in agreement with Malcolm and Jack’s sentiment regarding Nigel and Louisa. My personal top suspect is Louisa, especially after her flip floppiness yesterday regarding Remy’s lynch.

I pointed to you and Nigel, not Louisa.

39 minutes ago, Jack Alden said:

This is not necessarily the case.  A choice block and a good doctor could explain the lack of night kills.

I was referring to the fact that Remy claimed a non specific PR right before he died. Now that he is shown to be on the good side, I see no reason to hold his claim as false. 

36 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

I was referring to the fact that Remy claimed a non specific PR right before he died. Now that he is shown to be on the good side, I see no reason to hold his claim as false. 

Sorry, I misread and assumed you were referring to the lack of kills overnight. 

Well this is mixed bag.

It sucks that Remy was town. Towards the end of the day yesterday I was convinced he was scum. That role claim was wacky and he was utterly unhelpful before that too.

I'm glad to see we didn't have a night kill though. Unless there's some funny roles like bulletproof (or cult stuff I guess, but that's unlikely) or something else, this can only mean one of 2 things; The protector guarded the scum kill target, or the blocker successfully blocked the scum night killer. 

Hypotheticals aside, with Remy no longer in the runnings, I must say I'm still suspicious of Barty. It doesn't sit well to me that we came so close to lynching three people on day one and didn't successfully Lynch any of them... but 2 of the 3 have turned up Townies. 

I'm glad Timothy finally responded to my suspicions but I'm still not convinced. Something about his wishy washiness and the fact that he ignored me for so long strikes me the wrong way. 

That said my primary suspect is still Louisa. Her behavior shift was very noticeable and to me seems like posturing... yesterday I thought it was posturing to save Remy,... now it seems like posturing to be on the right side of history. Barring any other revelations she's got my vote. 

Yargh that be not good. Sorry, I be cleaning the cannons so far, became a wee bit caught up. Losing Remy be a loss, especially if his PR claim be true. I agree with Holton, I thought Remy was scum there. He has a point with Louisa flip-flopping as well.

47 minutes ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

I'm glad Timothy finally responded to my suspicions but I'm still not convinced. Something about his wishy washiness and the fact that he ignored me for so long strikes me the wrong way. 

Sorry did I miss something? I know us pirates be mostly illiterate but I can't find such a thing in the transcripts of these proceedings.

Arr, that be unfortunate. 

Hammond is my top suspect. I expressed my displeasure with her deflecting yesterday in what seemed to be a heavy-handed attempt to save Remy, but I agree with Geoffrey in that it seems she was trying to make herself look good when Remy flipped.

3 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

Sorry, I meant to say I agree with your assessments, yours and Malcom’s, regarding Louisa and Nigel.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

I'm glad to see we didn't have a night kill though. Unless there's some funny roles like bulletproof (or cult stuff I guess, but that's unlikely) or something else, this can only mean one of 2 things; The protector guarded the scum kill target, or the blocker successfully blocked the scum night killer. 

It’s good to know someone blocked an Imperial kill last night, but I feel like we can’t get distracted by following “what if” scenarios. There’s a number of potential solutions to this mystery, but it’s a mystery that tends to not help us find moles in general discussion as without a claim there’s nothing to back the speculation up,

I’m still alive? Remarkable.  I was sure last night was going to be the night the scum went for me.

It’s unfortunate about Remy, but then again, was it? He couldn’t be bothered to show up for the most part.  Of course the goal is to weed out the scum, but between active townies and lazy townies, I know which ones I’d rather see sleep with the fishes.

I have to review yesterday, but I’m leaning toward the guy who didn’t vote for Remy and thought he was town.  Maybe that was Nigel? I forget.  Anyway, the only ‘town’ thing Remy did was be lazy, and I don’t think that’s a good motive not to vote for him.

1 hour ago, Henry Ogden said:

I have to review yesterday, but I’m leaning toward the guy who didn’t vote for Remy and thought he was town.  Maybe that was Nigel? I forget.  Anyway, the only ‘town’ thing Remy did was be lazy, and I don’t think that’s a good motive not to vote for him.

I think it's definitely worth looking into those who didn't vote for him. Playing WIFOM here, but it can be a scum tactic too deliberately NOT vote for a town player to make them look clean the next day. 

19 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Can I vote for Nigel yet?

Not for a little bit? OK.

Why?  Because I pointed out how I thought that the Remy vote was too quick and full of scum, and I was right?  I said from the start of it I thought it was fishy.  Too many votes too fast for not to be a scum lead assault.  Now you are pointing at me?  

2 hours ago, Nigel Clayton said:

Why?  Because I pointed out how I thought that the Remy vote was too quick and full of scum, and I was right?  I said from the start of it I thought it was fishy.  Too many votes too fast for not to be a scum lead assault.  Now you are pointing at me?  

Yeah! There are two types of scum: those who drive the wagon and those who maintain plausible deniability, and you are in the latter category.

8 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

I’m still alive? Remarkable.  I was sure last night was going to be the night the scum went for me.

Like clockwork! Except on this here pirate ship I be havin' no clock, so: Like sundial!

1 hour ago, Louisa Hammond said:

I'ma clear up the waters a wee bit since I be potential shark food and claim Town Blocker. Last night I blocked Timothy Dixon. 

"potential" is the key word. Surely make some kind of case for yourself before outing your role? Also claiming Blocker isn't all that great because in all likelihood the Imperial Soldiers also have a blocker, so it's a safe claim if you're scum.

9 hours ago, Gordon Smith said:

without a claim there’s nothing to back the speculation up,

Also, Louisa, if you find Gordon suspicious, why did you do exactly what he says?

11 hours ago, Geoffrey Holton said:

Hypotheticals aside, with Remy no longer in the runnings, I must say I'm still suspicious of Barty. It doesn't sit well to me that we came so close to lynching three people on day one and didn't successfully Lynch any of them... but 2 of the 3 have turned up Townies.

Looks like all 3 of those folks were townies then.  Just because we have three primary candidates doesn't mean that one of them is scum.

11 hours ago, Thomas Chapman said:

Yargh that be not good. Sorry, I be cleaning the cannons so far, became a wee bit caught up. Losing Remy be a loss, especially if his PR claim be true. I agree with Holton, I thought Remy was scum there. He has a point with Louisa flip-flopping as well.

Remy being town isn't good, but I think you're laying it on a bit thick here.  The lack of a night kill is excellent.

1 hour ago, Louisa Hammond said:

I'ma clear up the waters a wee bit since I be potential shark food and claim Town Blocker. Last night I blocked Timothy Dixon. 

I look forward to hearing what Mr. Dixon has to say about this.

22 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

"potential" is the key word. Surely make some kind of case for yourself before outing your role? Also claiming Blocker isn't all that great because in all likelihood the Imperial Soldiers also have a blocker, so it's a safe claim if you're scum.

You seem quick to jump here.  There's plenty of time for more information to come out.

9 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

:pir-hmpf_bad:

2 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

That's a pretty big claim, unless someone counters then I could definitely see this as the truth. I would very much like to hear from Timothy Dixon right now. 

52 minutes ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Also, Louisa, if you find Gordon suspicious, why did you do exactly what he says?

I'm not saying that her claim is 100% true, but you seem to be a bit too eager to take her claim as false. I would not say a scum claiming blocker would be a safe claim at all, there is a very big possibility of a town blocker as well so this claim would put in immediate target on your head from the real town blocker. The only way the scum could get by would be if they know the town blocker is guaranteed dead. Unless they have an investigator who investigated Remy night 1 then I find that unlikely. 

3 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Yeah! There are two types of scum: those who drive the wagon and those who maintain plausible deniability, and you are in the latter category.

At this point there is as much evidence of you being scum as there is me.   If you saying I am scum because I didnt join the wagon you would fit into that same category right?  I know for a fact I am a loyal Pirate.  Gunning for me hard with no evidence, doesn't really shine the best light on you Mr. Soldier man.

5 minutes ago, Nigel Clayton said:

If you saying I am scum because I didnt join the wagon you would fit into that same category right?

That's a point.

6 minutes ago, Nigel Clayton said:

Gunning for me hard with no evidence

Not exactly. If you look again at what I wrote yesterday, there is as much evidence against you as there was against Remy, except Remy was essentially silent and you didn't have a wagon going.

New information has come to light indicating that Louisa's claim is false.

6 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

I also think it strange that you would jump straight into making a claim rather than offering a defence.  You were certainty on the radar, but you weren't the main topic of discussion and voting hasn't even started.

Makes sense given:

1 hour ago, Patrick Triggs said:

Can you share any of this?

I have a dilemma - I had been leaning towards Imperial scum for both Louisa and Timothy.  So, I'm also curious what @Timothy Dixon has to say.

4 hours ago, Bartholomew Brewster said:

Looks like all 3 of those folks were townies then.  Just because we have three primary candidates doesn't mean that one of them is scum.

Not really. You're still well and truly on the radar as far as I am concerned.

4 hours ago, Bartholomew Brewster said:

You seem quick to jump here.  There's plenty of time for more information to come out.

Is this you defending your fellow Imperial scum?

5 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

"potential" is the key word. Surely make some kind of case for yourself before outing your role?

Or I could just wait till the last minute when I'm about to be lynched to claim. That's always a option. :pir-grin:

Also claiming Blocker isn't all that great because in all likelihood the Imperial Soldiers also have a blocker, so it's a safe claim if you're scum.

I be having trouble understanding what ya sayin.

Just because one says to do somethin don't mean I done it cause he told me to.

1 hour ago, Patrick Triggs said:

What might that be I wonder.