Bob

Pirates Mafia - Day Two

Please Only Post in Here With Your Given Anonymous Accounts!
Only Players Post In Here Please!!!

pirates_banner.png

---

img_1734.jpg

Jane Thornton was walking the decks in the early hours of the morning, eager to catch the sunrise.

"It's good to get some exercise in the morning before the day starts!"

img_1735.jpg

Suddenly, a figure appeared behind Jane.

"Ahoy, Jane! Prepare to be keel-hauled!"

"Oh bother." she said.

img_1736_1024.jpg

Jane was run through so brutally that she actually grew a few inches in height and became disconnected from her legs briefly.

img_1737.jpg

She fell down next to the cannons as the figure ran off into the early morning and the sun rose.

"Alas." Jane said as she died. "I see my final sunset. I wonder...will I dream?"

How she managed to see it while face down is a mystery...

img_1738.jpg

"Arrr." Captain Redbeard said. "I'm sorry, Alexander, but ye be having to be walking the plank."

"..."

"Arrr. I know, I'll be missing you too."

"..."

"I'm almost at a loss for words as well, my old friend."

With that, Alexander jumped off the plank and sank to the bottom of the ocean like an anchor.

img_1739.jpg

"Ahoy, sailors." Redbeard said. "The news be bad. Both Alexander and Jane were Loyal Pirates to my ship. Do better today, or else!"

---

Alive Players:
alden.jpg
Jack “One Eye” Alden
dixon.jpg
Timothy “The Butcher” Dixon
hammond.jpg
Louisa “The Fierce” Hammond
brewster.jpg
Bartholomew “Barty” Brewster
triggs.jpg
Patrick “Paddy” Triggs
finch.jpg
Joseph “The Ruthless” Finch
chapman.jpg
Thomas “Lucky” Chapman
langley.jpg
Malcolm “Swab’s The Deck” Langley 
holton.jpg
Geoffrey “The Brave” Holton
smith.jpg
Gordon “Crow’s Nest” Smith
fontaine.jpg
Remy “The French” Fontaine
ogden.jpg
Henry “The Kraken” Ogden
clayton.jpg
Nigel “The Immortal” Clayton

In Davy Jones' Locker:
pinkerton.jpg
Alexander “The Anchor” Pinkerton - Loyal Pirate (mod-killed, Night One)
thornton.jpg
Jane “One-Eared” Thornton - Loyal Pirate (run through, Night One) 

---

Rules (Please Read!):

1)    Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is completely anonymous. You are not to disclose your participation in this game anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are.

2)    In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private. There is no way to successfully enforce this rule, and I don’t encourage people running and snitching if someone has done it.

3)    You are either a Loyal Pirate or an Imperial Soldier. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.

4)    A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours. Do not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

5)    The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.

6)    You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. 

7)    If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. There will not be a deadboard and even when you die, you are not to reveal your identity or reveal your participation. You will find out who played who at the end of the game

8)    Don’t edit your posts, please.

9)    Please post in every day thread. If something comes up, please come to me privately and let me know. 

10)    Try to be nice to your fellow players.

Once again, players only and please use your given alternate account! Please PM me with any questions! 

Arr, that be bad news. Let's drink some grog in memory of our friends.

*glug glug glug*

Aye, that be better. Anyone want some?

On 3/6/2019 at 8:18 AM, Louisa Hammond said:

Yup. If he's not a Imperial himself, then he's a great place for the Imperials to place their vote. Makes it look like there doing something even though they're sort of voting for a dead guy who like you said can't defend themselves. And when he flips town in the morning they can be like "Welp, at least that's out of the way".

Above be something our now sole maid said yesterday. I think it got some sound logic behind it.

You know what I find weird?

On 3/6/2019 at 7:46 AM, Remy Fontaine said:

Like the majority... I am aiming to get rid stowaways and a missing crew among us will be a good start. After all, it is 50/50 that we get it right and in most cases Day 1 lynch hardly got it right. 

Vote Alexander Pinkerton

I would have thought that a scum had every incentive not to go MIA. But Remy votes for him while admitting he's probably town. This, together with the fact he prodded people to vote early yesterday without actually providing opinions of his own, makes me suspect Remy is trying to fly under the radar sight from the crow's nest.

Aarggh!

I said yesterday that I thought the votes on Alex seem like wasted votes, but there were four votes on him anyway - Nigel, Gordon, Malcolm and Remy.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:07 AM, Jack Alden said:

These votes seem like wasted votes because he'll be walking the plank anyway if the bilge rat doesn't show up soon.

Of those who voted for Alex, Remy is firmly on the radar for me. Here's why:

We had Remy asking for views on who we should send down the plank:

On 3/5/2019 at 12:17 AM, Remy Fontaine said:

Now everyone, who will be walking to the plank... Shall we draw swords now? 

Who will be the lucky bastard to draw first blood? 

This resulted in a number of votes on him, which he never probably addressed. 

On 3/5/2019 at 11:02 PM, Remy Fontaine said:

Well... So not casting a vote first? Will result like a probable scumbag.  Nay...

I reckon Day 1 lynch will not result in any good cause and without good intention, it may as good as giving the Imperials the perfect win.... Furthermore, the votes are extremely divided now.. so what can we make up of it? 

The issue was not that he did not vote first, but that he didn't provide any views on who he thought might be suspicious. 

Despite asking who we should vote for, he claimed Day 1 lynch will not result in any good.  And, although he claimed not to support a Day 1 lynch, he then proceeded to vote, much later on in the day, without explaining his flip-flop:

On 3/6/2019 at 10:46 PM, Remy Fontaine said:

Like the majority... I am aiming to get rid stowaways and a missing crew among us will be a good start. After all, it is 50/50 that we get it right and in most cases Day 1 lynch hardly got it right. 

Vote Alexander Pinkerton

And the vote is on Alex, a wasted vote because it was late in the day and for someone who was more than likely to walk the plank anyway. Voting was not compulsory, so why vote for someone who as probably going to die anyway and who was not likely to be scum?  As Patrick said above, scum is unlikely to go MIA for a whole day.

And then we have this, which resonated with me:

On 3/7/2019 at 2:04 AM, Jane Thornton said:

Yep. See what I said above.... sometimes the day 1 wagon is innocent, but often there's scummos pushing it too. The fact that we DIDN'T have more of a wagon on anyone makes me lean towards there being scum among the vote leaders (As of now, Alexander has 4, but those are mostly late votes. Bart and Remy both picked up 3 and then those wagons faltered, so both of those 2 are pinging my radar)

We had a day when most said they supported a Day 1 lynch, but momentum did not build. 

On 3/7/2019 at 2:18 AM, Louisa Hammond said:

Yup. If he's not a Imperial himself, then he's a great place for the Imperials to place their vote. Makes it look like there doing something even though they're sort of voting for a dead guy who like you said can't defend themselves. And when he flips town in the morning they can be like "Welp, at least that's out of the way".

I also think that it likely that scum would be drawn to voting for Alex because this vote would have been the easiest to pass off as "oh well".

While I don't have any strong views on anyone else at this point, the only other thing that I flagged was Timothy's dismissal of Remy's actions as "role playing".  It feels like trying to deflect attention away from a scum team mate.

On 3/6/2019 at 3:06 AM, Timothy Dixon said:

Out of the lynches that have received multiple votes I’m more inclined to vote for Barry Brewster. He was called out (which is perfectly normal on Day One) but the responded by just voting. Remy’s comment earlier came off as role playing than anything else. So I’m happy to let it slide for now. Vote: Barty Brewster.

* The "probably addressed" above should have been "properly addressed".

1 hour ago, Jack Alden said:

While I don't have any strong views on anyone else at this point, the only other thing that I flagged was Timothy's dismissal of Remy's actions as "role playing".  It feels like trying to deflect attention away from a scum team mate..

I wouldn’t really say that I was deflecting attention away from him. I just didn’t think what he said was scummy enough to warrant a vote. And I said I was happy to let it slide for now. So I didn’t let him of the hook completely. 

I WILL agree with you about the votes for Mr Pinkerton. Our Captain confirmed Mr Pinkerton was M.I.A. So he wouldn’t have been able to defend himself against any accusations. Which makes me uneasy about the votes on him. 

Following the Pinkerton trail a bit, aside from those who voted for him, the first person to comment on him after voting began was someone explaining why they DIDN'T want to vote for him.

That someone was Thomas Chapman, who cast his vote against me while pointing out he didn't want to vote Pinkerton.  When Louisa called him out for this, he said he looked at the rules and assumed Pinkerton would be killed if he didn't show up.  FWIW, it was right around this time, still fairly early in voting, that Nigel cast the first vote against Pinkerton.

1 - Nigel

Gordon Smith cast the next vote, which was "a wake up vote".  Also fairly early, and with plenty of time to see that Pinkerton had already received Nigel's vote.

2 - Nigel, Gordon

In here is where Jack said he thought the votes for Pinkerton would be wasted.

Malcolm Langley later picked up on Chapman's vote for me while commenting on Pinkerton, using it as justification to vote for Chapman.  Chapman responded by saying his voting was driven by low contribution.... upon hearing this, Langley then unvoted Chapman and voted for Pinkerton.  Langley's reasoning seems to be that Day 1 lynches are usually bad, so if we had to have one, it should be a non-contributor.  There was a fairly lengthy gap between the first votes for Pinkerton and this one.

3 - Nigel, Gordon, Malcolm

The next person to address the Pinkerton situation was Remy, when he cast his vote for him.  This vote came a decent amount after Malcolm's.

4 - Nigel, Gordon, Malcolm, Remy

Langley responds that Remy's assertion that Day 1 lynches are 50/50 should be more 25/75.  It's primarily interesting because they were both voting for the same person.

9 minutes ago, Timothy Dixon said:

I wouldn’t really say that I was deflecting attention away from him. I just didn’t think what he said was scummy enough to warrant a vote. And I said I was happy to let it slide for now. So I didn’t let him of the hook completely. 

I WILL agree with you about the votes for Mr Pinkerton. Our Captain confirmed Mr Pinkerton was M.I.A. So he wouldn’t have been able to defend himself against any accusations. Which makes me uneasy about the votes on him. 

Aside from Jack, who merely called them wasted votes, you were the first to call out the votes on Pinkerton as suspicious yesterday.  Do you agree with others that Remy is the most suspicious there or is someone else more scummy to you?

Oh, I’m still alive!  I was sure the scum would take me out last night.

I haven’t deeply followed through on yesterday’s happenings, but scanning through the comments today, there’s something I want to point out:  only the scum know which of us are loyal.  So, the more inexperienced of them might make a loyal-play by defending a loyal pirate a little too vociferously.  

Personally, I’m fine with a first day boot.  Any useful pirate should manage a solid day one defense.  Any loyal pirate able to be railroaded on day one isn’t going to add much to the hunt.

Argg! I sing a sorrowful tune for those that fell. 

Though they were brave in spirit and loud with pride

Imperial scum invaded out crew and forced the souls to die 

Ok, back to what matters most here. Very sad too see two of our own go, even though I had my doubts about. I still stand by my opinion from yesterday that to me Pinkerton was the best lynch option. As many others have said day 1 lynches are usually never good, and I thought if we ought to have one, it might as well be a member who is unwilling to commit. Let it be known I was not aware that he would have been killed due to inactivity so soon. As the late Ms. Thornton said yesterday (even though sarcastically), "At least he is out of the way". Even though I was member that voted for him to be kicked off this fine beauty of a ship, I would have to agree with some of the other lads comments about scum hiding somewhere in the party. I know I not scum so I can remove myself from the list (I don't expect any of you will which makes sense), that leaves Nigel, Gordon, and Remy. Out of those three I would say Remy is the scummiest as his statement feels the most like he is just following along the path others guided. Especially odd considering he seemed to not want a lynch earlier and is now ok with one happening, no explanation for the change in heart. Jack brings up a good point of him not responding to those that voted for him. I would definitely like to hear more from him today as I do think some explanation could help answer his actions. I have both the eyes that we're given to me on him though. 

4 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

You were sure the scum would kill you on night 1? That's quite odd as I'm not even sure what colour me undies are night 1. 

27 minutes ago, Henry Ogden said:

Why?  I don't recall you doing anything to attract any attention yesterday.

1 hour ago, Bartholomew Brewster said:

Following [snip] ... person.

Might be the dodgy rum from last night, but I didn't get the bit between 'Following' and 'person'.  What was the point you were making?

12 minutes ago, Malcolm Langley said:

That's quite odd as I'm not even sure what colour me undies are night 1. 

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Lots of talking about Remy. Makes me feel a wee bit like maybe he's not one of dem Imperials we be looking for.

Argg! Why would being a topic of discussion make him piratey or not piratey? Feels a bit like you’re trying to deflect attention from him, like water deflects off a clams backside... or something else nautical. 

Alright, everyone, confession time. If we’re going to get through this, we need to be honest, and that starts with me coming open about something.

I’m a furry AND a pirate. 

Deal with it.

As interesting as the Remy situation is, I’m interested in knowing who people are hedging their votes on.

I’m currently eyeing Chapman. He hasn’t done anything too productive yet, besides quote our murdered comrade, and his reasoning for voting for Bartholomew seem a little off, personally. “Low post count” on day 1 isn’t anything too suspicious, as there’s not a lot to go off of. 

I don’t know, in my mind we’re still on day 1, now with two dead confirmed loyal pirates. :sceptic:

Just now, Gordon Smith said:

As interesting as the Remy situation is, I’m interested in knowing who people are hedging their votes on.

Remy is definitely the leading candidate at this point in the day, but these pirate get-togethers can be volatile as the winds of opinion change faster than my favorite brand of rum. Does rum even have brands? How’s the selection on this ship? 

I agree with Malcolm’s assertion that there is likely at least one imperial voting for Pinkerton yesterday. 

I’m also watching you Gordon, since I’m naturally distrustful of furries and what you said yesterday about “voting early is pro-town” still seems odd.

Just now, Joseph Finch said:

I’m also watching you Gordon, since I’m naturally distrustful of furries...

:cry_sad:

You’re tearing me apart, Finch.

1 minute ago, Joseph Finch said:

...and what you said yesterday about “voting early is pro-town” still seems odd.

Let me put it like this.

If you’re not voting, you’re withholding your vote for a reason, usually to bandwagon. Voting early means you have to speak your mind and join in the conversation. I see these as being pro-town traits. A loyal pirate should want to voice their opinion through a vote as soon as they can.

28 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

Remy is definitely the leading candidate at this point in the day

Wouldst thou like to contribute and say why you think Remy is scummy, considering he hasn't contributed yet today and you didn't vote for him yesterday?

29 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

what you said yesterday about “voting early is pro-town” still seems odd.

???

30 minutes ago, Joseph Finch said:

How’s the selection on this ship? 

As long as it's made of sugarcane and not sugarbeets....

Well this certainly isn't ideal. At least we didn't lynch a pirate yesterday. the water round this ship would be gettin' awful hot were that so. I'll confess at the moment I'm a bit distracted and haven't had the time to thoroughly analyze yesterday's voting trends, but my suspicions of Timothy Dixon, which he never addressed at the time or since, still linger. This coupled with his contribution to the Pinkerton bandwagon only furthers my suspicions.

It's also worth looking at our failure to secure a lynching candidate as a sign that perhaps one of the front leading candidates was actually scum. I've got my eyes on Remy Fontaine and Barty Brewster. 

6 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

what? why? huh? what be the meaning of this?

1 hour ago, Gordon Smith said:

Alright, everyone, confession time. If we’re going to get through this, we need to be honest, and that starts with me coming open about something.

I’m a furry AND a pirate. 

Thank you for speaking your truth. I'm no furry myself, but I have a great deal of respect for your community and porngraphy. 

wait whoops I'm really distracted. Timothy didn't vote for Pinkerton. :pir_wacko: 

Lots of talk about me... Well, I know if I am dead and those who vote for me, are definitely as scummy as it is. This is not called being helpful and as far as I am concerned. I only care for the day to move forward. Because if we can't practice an informed decision, then we are as good as sitting dead ducks to me. Just because I am ambiguous or rather not able to give anything concrete means I could be a threat. How naive. 

A huge pity and loss that we lose both of these mates. I don't know what to make up of it and right now. 

8 hours ago, Joseph Finch said:

Argg! Why would being a topic of discussion make him piratey or not piratey? 

From what I've seen so far, too much agreed consensus that Remy be a spy. I'm not saying everyone that's called him Imperial scum so far can't be a loyal pirate, but there is a chance they're not.

That said though, at the moment I'd still still lynch him.

Tis a shame we lost two of our number, one to a cowardly assassin in the night and one to dereliction of duty.  It seems that the votes from yesterday be needing more explanation.  I voted for our absent man in order to avoid voting for an active crew mate.    If he were to be eliminated it was a safe place to put me spot in order to avoid lynching another.  Losing two friends in one night be bad, losing three would have been worse.  Do ye kin what I'm sayin?

It be too early in this voyage to have a hard feeling just yet, but I be scrutinizin.  There is much to consider.

14 hours ago, Bartholomew Brewster said:

Aside from Jack, who merely called them wasted votes, you were the first to call out the votes on Pinkerton as suspicious yesterday.  Do you agree with others that Remy is the most suspicious there or is someone else more scummy to you?

I only really became suspicious of the votes when Malcom voted for Pinkerton as it occurred to me people were just getting easy votes here. I find Gordon somewhat suspicious. His reason being that it was a “wake up” vote. I didn’t understand the logic since voting for someone won’t immediately make them come online. It felt like an attempt to jump on a bandwagon early.

13 hours ago, Henry Ogden said:

I find this statement a little... off. If you truly were surprised that you made it through the night, for whatever reason, then why would you announce that publicly? If anything this is now going to make the scum MORE interested in you. This sounds like the kind of statement a scum would say make to appear as if they had a PR role. 

8 hours ago, Joseph Finch said:

I agree with Malcolm’s assertion that there is likely at least one imperial voting for Pinkerton yesterday. 

+1

Whoever it is, I feel like this is a good place to look into for todays lynch.

7 hours ago, Patrick Triggs said:

As long as it's made of sugarcane and not sugarbeets....

+1

Voting is now open. With thirteen players, seven votes are required to lynch.

To address the five parrots pirates who quoted the exact same thing from me: by ‘sure’, I meant I want the Imperials to think they should take me out, so they wouldn’t... or they would, because you don’t ask to be taken out if you want to, so I must be alluding to something else.  Do I want them to take me out, or do I want them to avoid me at night?  I don’t know, it’s all very ridiculous when five parrots ask you to explain the exact same thing.  There’s about a 99% chance that one or two of that five is Imperial scum just bandwagoning for the heck of it.  Timothy Dixon probably analyzed my quote poorest.

Anyway, I have no opinion on Remy at the moment.  It seems like some small things are getting blown up to 400%, thrown on the wall, poked with pins, and networks of red string are being tied on it... all coming out to gibberish.  At the same time, I don’t have any better suggestions.

15 hours ago, Jack Alden said:

Might be the dodgy rum from last night, but I didn't get the bit between 'Following' and 'person'.  What was the point you were making?

That I was going to look at the folks who commented on Pinkerton as well as those who actually cast a vote for him.  Too often people just look at the votes.

13 hours ago, Louisa Hammond said:

Lots of talking about Remy. Makes me feel a wee bit like maybe he's not one of dem Imperials we be looking for.

By this logic, any time we start to develop a consensus about someone being scum, they probably aren't scum?  That would mean we'd never actually catch one.  At some point, the Imperials will have to join in on a conversation against one of their own in order to blend in.

11 hours ago, Gordon Smith said:

I’m currently eyeing Chapman. He hasn’t done anything too productive yet, besides quote our murdered comrade, and his reasoning for voting for Bartholomew seem a little off, personally. “Low post count” on day 1 isn’t anything too suspicious, as there’s not a lot to go off of. 

I don't like this line at all.  Chapman's vote for me due to low post count is a perfectly valid early day 1 vote.  What's really off about this, though, is that you voted for Pinkerton as a "wake up call".  How is that any different than a low post count vote?