Elysiumfountain

[MOC] Clovershire Castle

This is my latest Castle MOC: The Clovershire Castle! Built entirely within the Stud.io program, I began the model with a completely different model in mind. Below is a picture of the Temple of the Moon Maiden, a MOC I had submitted to the LEGO Ideas platform. 

Temple of the Moon Maiden

I wanted to take the bridge you see in the background, as well as the water, and the staircase on the right, and create something totally different with it as a baseline. This was the result: 

Clovershire Castle

My inspiration came from pictures of old misty castles in Scotland and Ireland. I wanted a ruined castle feel, but one that was also partially restored. The bridge was framed by a ruined window, and the mountainside to the right became a rocky buttress to the crumbling castle wall. And of course I left the lanterns in because I thought they were cool. 

Clovershire CastleClovershire Castle

Clovershire Castle

Clovershire Castle

Clovershire Castle

This model got submitted as a contest entry to the AFOL Designer Program with Bricklink, and became a finalist! Below is the MOC after a couple changes were made by the Bricklink and LEGO teams. 

Clovershire Castle

It's currently in the crowdfunding stage and accepting pre-orders. If it makes it to the funding goal, it'll become an actual set! At the rate it's going, it seems a little doubtful that it will make it, but there's still hope! If you like it, you can head over to the site and check it out! :) 

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/crowdfunding/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/57599/Clovershire-Castle

Stay tuned for my next MOC post! :) 

Update on this MOC: 

- LEGO sent to me a physical prototype for me to help promote it! It's currently at 28% crowdfunded on the Bricklink site, third to last :( But it still has 44 days left to go, so I'm hopeful! :) 

Clovershire Castle: ADP Physical Prototype!