Sign in to follow this  
Bornin1980something

How do children take to TLM1 without the merchandise?

The Lego Movie 1 is now 5 years. This is beyond the shelf life of any LEGO products actually featured in it.

One thing which I assumed would always prevent a commercial LEGO movie from being released is the fact that all Lego products have a relatively short shelf-life, many only lasting 1 year, while movies remain available indefinitely. Now, I understand that right now LEGO Movie 2 merchandise night satisfy some kids who have seen TLM1, but even that is temporary.

So, how do kids who were too young to buy it's direct merchandise respond to TLM1?

30 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

So, how do kids who were too young to buy it's direct merchandise respond to TLM1?

I don't have no idea but I definitely don't envy their parents

19 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Watch it and enjoy it like any other movie?

Right?  I mean, it's a good movie as-is and would inspire building and creativity with or without tie-in sets (because Lego in general is still plenty available!).  I think the movie helps move merchandise, not so much the merchandise making the movie more enjoyable, so I don't see why kids wouldn't take to it just fine.  Or are we missing a bigger part of your question somewhere?

Given how beloved the first film was with general audiences, I'm pretty sure Lego will revisit it during its various commemorative milestones, possibly responding to them with anniversary sets and/or D2Cs. I mean, hey, 2024 will be the movie's tenth anniversary, so... :shrug_oh_well: