I have passed too many years discarting good machines because I hadn´t got its colour scheme or couldn´t represent perfect its measures, it has been enough, here I will build generic machines based or not in real ones. My goal always has been building RC with the less motors possible, as small as I can and only with Lego parts so I will try to do that. Maybe the colours or measures won´t be correct but the fun will be in the mechanisms, linkages or ideas that could be usefull for another MOCs. I will start with a beautiful machine I recently discovered, I can pass a lot of time watching its video. It has a too small body for gearbox and big cilinders for Lego linear actuators ones, maybe it would be good to build custom bigger actuators with the Gear rac housings but the machine would be bigger than I use to build... any advice is always wellcome. The machine is a Broyt D1000, be careful with its video can be hipnotic :laugh:  , it works like a man with a shovel :wall: .

QLcNKAB.jpg

I will sound not so original as I'm used to be, but at the first sight it is something like hybrid between 8043 and 42030 set, so perhaps you can use their solutions and combine them on some testing platform and then to see for optimal size; it is a but different approach, but perhaps you could try it

You are right it has the advantages of that two kind of machines but I guess that it wasn´t as good as they expected it to be... anyway is pretty an obsolete like a Tatra suspension system or the 911 concept for a supercar.

That is why I'm trying to replicate machinery which is proven on market and to make as simple as possible solutions on it...

Honestly the only digging machine that I plan to make (one day) is 4CX (JCB); at least it would have the same color as your moc :laugh:

Backhoes are still too difficult to replicate for me... One question, which is the best way to activate a pneumatic switch, old or new, without using a servo?.

Problem us that I have only older switches, like from 8455 set (it is a backhoe and best LEGO pneumatic set ever IMHO), so I'm not help at all here... Sorry :hmpf_bad:

Edited by I_Igor

The Broyt 1000T is a awesome machine, can't wait to see how you do this one. 

P.s how it the wheel loader coming along?. 

I think the same but it is a very difficult to build it RC but being manual still being a nice machine. The wheel loaders is almost finished I only have to build the cabin, most difficult part for me...

I thought people would need something to load with the 42100 and I already had my mining truck done but I wanted to improve it a little... just to use the new pneumatic switch... but I lost control. New rear axle stronger and smaller, L motor for autovalve instead S motor, new rear and front suspension configuration and over all, new front part much more optimizated, robust and with the new pneumatic switch of course, everything using less parts and I have not finished it yet.... I never thought that my old MOC could have so many improvements... I know that the aesthetics failed a little but it is normal on me.

pV7Q6tE.jpg?1

QWcpLKn.jpg?2

XJgr0Xq.jpg?2

Y7tzEFc.jpg?2

rfgvnSX.jpg?2

Jorge, scale (and suspension) is right, but would not it be better to make Liebherr (in white)?

You are right but we are talking about generic machines, I will do the machine with the colours I had and the instructions will have the right color, after all for my the most important thing is that the MOC works well and aesthetics are secondary.

19 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

You are right but we are talking about generic machines, I will do the machine with the colours I had and the instructions will have the right color, after all for my the most important thing is that the MOC works well and aesthetics are secondary.

I understand, of course you can make CAT mining truck (with V16 fake engine) :devil:

I guess when you have seen too much machinery you develop tastes, and that has been my case... I usually don´t like Caterpillar dumpers but the new ones Unit Rig are nice because they are new old terex ones :laugh: . Talking about fake engnes is impossible in this scale if it was a RC MOC but maybe using the class tyres we would have a chance... anyway is not the case I don´t have to think in a bed for dumper with class tyres...

Edited by jorgeopesi

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

I guess when you have seen too much machinery you develop tastes, and that has been my case... I usually don´t like Caterpillar dumpers but the new ones Unit Rig are nice because they are new old terex ones :laugh: . Talking about fake engnes is impossible in this scale if it is a RC MOC but maybe using the class tyres we would have a chance... anyway is not the case I don´t have to think in a bed for dumper with class tyres...

CLAAS tires are certainly not for mining dump truck. In my case I really like that (my) MOC has fake engine; probably that is the reason why I have ended up in some compromised scale (1:15)...but for a weekend I could do a bit on my latest project; I sent you axle images long ago and they are in process of redesign using dog bones instead of frames 5 x 7...but it is another story. since you are more experienced with excavators / front end loaders and dump trucks; I have one question for you - is there some mining dumper truck with much smaller tires like 440/80R26 tires or something like that 8it is a same size as for JCB 4CX backhoe loader)?

Well I think the smallest mining dump truck will be too big for that machine but is something logical anyway there are dump trucks for everything, recently I discovered a new type of mining truck, I don´t know if the concept is new or old but it is rare and MOCable :laugh: .

iQoeZOP.jpg

Is not it a beauty?.

They are more than one, just clic on Ginaf 5395 PDF. It is just a 6x10 truck so it is more easy to do but its fifth axle will give problems because it is steered in a singular way, like the planes but with transmision.

I have just read it and found out that it is based on 395/85R20 tires (like Unimog U530, U5023). Tires have 1189mm diameter, so it could be represented with 81.6 tires (perhaps Tumblers would be OK)

The mining truck goes better than I expected. The bed is stronger and more simple because the pneumatic pistons are down one stud and I realiced why I didn´t like very much the previous truck, all the front part was too down, I like to build so smaller that sometimes I build smaller than I really need :wall: , these are good news when I rebuild something mine :laugh: . The last pic is a truck next to a 9800 excavator, if my dumper uses unimog tires that are 11.8 studs and the sprocket of the Lego liebherr 42100 will be around more than 8 studs with tracks, I think they are very near in scale, perfect to play with them :thumbup: .

tLiDI0u.jpg?2

7bnkpBb.jpg?2

xyOEA09.jpg?1A2DezoP.jpg?2L1baEGH.jpg?1

EAKgEwB.jpg

qzJBFhX.jpg

Thanks for the instructions. I liked how you flipped the curved panels on top of the bin to work together. Mine one is still ready to go awaiting the Liebherr front shovel.

img_20170709_112510a.jpg

2 hours ago, technicfan said:

Thanks for the instructions. I liked how you flipped the curved panels on top of the bin to work together. Mine one is still ready to go awaiting the Liebherr front shovel.

Well... I have to say that it was a matter of lack of panels... this bed is too big for my inventory... but everything will be as I would like in the instructions. I like your truck a lot :thumbup: .

Dump bed looks very good :thumbup:. At least someone is not stuck in his projects and that is very nice to see it develop...