A Chance Encounter Pt. 1

A Chance Encounter Pt 2

Dramatis personae

Spoiler

Jean-Baptiste de Moncey

29044114397_2409e44542_n.jpg 

Lyle Wellington

43076370975_004f49d70c_n.jpg

On a road near the fields outside of Brenshaun…..

46733603291_b6816706d7_n.jpg

Jan 618

Mere,

I hope this letter finds you well. Since our last correspondence, it seems as though a lot has happened on the brick seas. Additionally I have found a small temple outside of the wonderful city of Brenshaun dedicated to the god Boreas. While on my way there, my inquisitive friend and I had a most interesting conversation. It’s started as……

46680861192_54c3e806e2_n.jpg

43076370975_004f49d70c_t.jpg .....Why do we have to visit this temple?

29044114397_2409e44542_t.jpg Well for one thing, any respectable Olean citizen would do well to honor Boreas god of the cold north wind

43076370975_004f49d70c_t.jpg I see your point, you Oleans are very pious and blinded by faith.

29044114397_2409e44542_t.jpg I object to that statement, and what do you mean you Oleans?

46733612061_d4f90c1bcb_n.jpg

43076370975_004f49d70c_t.jpg Exactly what I mean, we Corrish base our beliefs on science and tangible things. Some are even promethean.

29044114397_2409e44542_t.jpg Since when are you Corrish! How could I not notice? 

43076370975_004f49d70c_t.jpg Well I mean you are….

39768608743_1bf57ef46a_n.jpg

29044114397_2409e44542_t.jpg I cannot believe it, am I talking to a Corrish spy? 

43076370975_004f49d70c_t.jpg Don’t be silly, I may be Corrish by background but I do enjoy being an Olean citizen. That Padre Francois I have read about seems very intriguing in his no nonsense priestliness. 

32858495358_2619f6b205_n.jpg

……..this revelation has come as a surprise. We shall see what this future brings. I hope you had a wonderful merriment day and I shall see you soon.

Your Son,
Jean-Baptiste

~~~~~~~~~~

This buld has been sitting on my table for quite some time. Finally got around to photographing it. I tried to use my wife's camera and I'm not sure how I feel about the way they came out. I do not know if the lighting is what played a factor. C&C is welcome and appreciated. Below is an image of the full scene. 

Spoiler

45768793375_9da55fc6c0.jpg

39768579803_e6a75398e3.jpg

Thank you to @Roadmonkeytj and @Bodi for the constructive feedback. I slightly altered my original post to reflect some simple changes I did to the story.

Edited by merc
Photo Update

Well this is an interesting one indeed.  Firstly I like all the corn? In the background.  The story was interesting as well.  My only wish is that instead of the single picture back and forth you would have used the scene more.   You have a lot of detail in it but you barely see any of it.   I would have liked to seen you pose the figures repeatedly down the length of the build so it looked as if they were walking and talking.   You miss the cow being led the man sleeping and the guy hiding in a barrel otherwise. 

Nice moc, interesting story, and I agree with Roadmonkeytj, you should take more photos of the whole build, first I thought it was only a small scene featuring two characters, then I saw the spoiler to realize it's not small at all.

Nice scene Merc, the multiple layers you've used for the ground look good and help elevate the scene. Interesting choice using the trans-yellow 1x1 round plates for the corn. I assume you probably had lots of these as opposed to non-trans yellow! With the lighting of the images I actually think it has worked out quite well. As the others have said your presentation could probably benefit from another over-all shot, probably from a more shallow angle so we can get a good overview of the whole scene. Anyway, an overall nice little scene and it's good to see your story continue.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:19 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Well this is an interesting one indeed.  Firstly I like all the corn? In the background.  The story was interesting as well.  My only wish is that instead of the single picture back and forth you would have used the scene more.   You have a lot of detail in it but you barely see any of it.   I would have liked to seen you pose the figures repeatedly down the length of the build so it looked as if they were walking and talking.   You miss the cow being led the man sleeping and the guy hiding in a barrel otherwise. 

Yea I see that now. Thank you that is corn in the background though as you said it’s hard to tell. I might try posing the figs as you suggested going down the walk way.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:53 AM, Bodi said:

Nice moc, interesting story, and I agree with Roadmonkeytj, you should take more photos of the whole build, first I thought it was only a small scene featuring two characters, then I saw the spoiler to realize it's not small at all.

Thank you. I’ll try and see if I can you the whole landscape as you and  roadmonkeytj suggested.

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice scene Merc, the multiple layers you've used for the ground look good and help elevate the scene. Interesting choice using the trans-yellow 1x1 round plates for the corn. I assume you probably had lots of these as opposed to non-trans yellow! With the lighting of the images I actually think it has worked out quite well. As the others have said your presentation could probably benefit from another over-all shot, probably from a more shallow angle so we can get a good overview of the whole scene. Anyway, an overall nice little scene and it's good to see your story continue.

Thank you for the comments. I did have quite a bit of trans-yellow but I also say someone else use trans yellow and found it more appealing than regular yellow. I might try doing some more pictures and sing if I can get a shallow angle an such.