Sign in to follow this  
Marghal

Greetings from Denmark (and happy new year!)

Hello fellow LEGO-enthusiasts,

I am 38 years old and have a passion for LEGO, mainly the castle and pirate theme. I came out of the dark ages about a year ago. I started looking through old boxes in the basement, and I found my old LEGO sets (City, Castle and Pirates), then I started started building. I have a terrible habit of collecting things, and one thing led to another, and I bought a few random lots. Currently I am trying to collect all castle sets. I have two boys (1 and 4 years old), and I plan to make a LEGO adventures with them, when they grow older. (I am also deeply into RPG and board games, being a seasoned writer and game master.)  

I also started posting a few reviews of castle sets on YouTube - and again - one thing let to another, i am currently working with the idea to make a top 8 classic castle list. Then I stumbled across this forum and thought, I have to be a part of that. So here I am. Nice to "meet" you all!

Welcome to Eurobricks, Marghal!

Your story sounds so much like mine that I had to check it was my post :classic:

Honestly the Historical section, where Castle would be based, is pretty dead due to Lego neglecting that theme, but there's plenty of like-minded individuals in these forums to chat with.

Link your YouTube and I'll check it out and may even subscribe. I'd like to see your boyhood collection if you're planning on doing a video or photos.

Thank you!

Wonderful with the Wolfpack code of arms, you just made my day! :) 

I tried to link to one of my videos down below (hope it works - fingers crossed):

Edited by JopieK
Fixed it for you :)

Great, it works, thanks.

I have subscribed and will watch your videos later when I'm home.

You are most kind. Still a bit rookie when it comes to editing ect.

So do you have any pictures of your collection?

Well I've just watched your first video and left some thoughts in your comments. I liked it!

I have a rather extensive collection since coming out of my dark ages, but only a small one from when I was small.

Some day I will share pictures (or videos) of it all but right now I could not do it justice as I have lack of space, so a lot of it is packed away.

Side Note: It's good to see an actual Dane making Lego Youtube content for once! lol.

Apart from all eras of Castle, I really love Classic Space so I'm very excited to see a mini-comeback with the Lego Movie 2 sets.

I also enjoy the Collectible Minifigure Series and the Ninjago Movie sets, so have lots of those.

Having a small boy has led me to buy things Star Wars too.

But ultimately my favourite display piece right now is the Destiny's Bounty from the Ninjago Movie. Such a beautiful set.

Very nice, I have never (yet) looked into Ninjago myself, but the Destiny's Bounty looks amazing. I considered buying it for my oldest son for Christmas (but as my wife said, he is (much) to young.) I can perfectly understand why its on display!

Have you also looked into knight kingdom 2? I have always considered that era of castle a bit weird, but Lord Vladek's Dark Fortress looks alright.  

Yeah the Ninjago Movie sets are pretty detailed and are more display pieces than play sets. There may be some more suited to a younger audience in the regular Ninjago sets though.

I even have some Knights Kingdom II, yes :classic: I have:

8821 - Rogue Knight Battleship

8874 - Battle Wagon

And I would also like 8800 Vladek's Siege Engine because it looks cool.

I generally buy used lots from eBay etc when I can see Castle pieces in there, so I'm taking my chances on sets being incomplete, but I also have a large collection of spare pieces so I find it satisfying to rebuild and repair them. I see from your last video that you also enjoy that.

BTW, if you want play features so that your kids can enjoy them too, then I recommend 8874 - Battle Wagon because it has a prison carriage on wheels for play and it works well without being flimsy. My 5 year old (4 at the time I got it) was pleased with it.