Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Hansen

[MOC] Battletech/Mechwarrior Ryoken (Stormcrow) Mech

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a Lego MOC that I've been working on for a while but just finished up.  My goal was to create a highly accurate build of one of my favorite mech designs from the Battletech Universe.

More images and instructions can be found on my Flickr page

Lego Battletech Ryoken Mech Combo

Lego Ryoken Reference MaterialLego Battletech Ryoken Mech Closeup3Lego Battletech Ryoken Mech Closeup1

Edited by Kevin Hansen

This is really a great MOC! I am mostly into spacecraft, but I have a lot of admiration for people who can build mech's like these! You clearly wanted to make this thing as smooth as possible, since I can't find a stud anywhere except from the one on the 3x3 disc bricks on its shoulders. :laugh: Besides that I like the color scheme; I think dark and light gray, in combination with the dark sand yellow work wonderfully together. 

This is a really nice build.  I saved it for reference for when I build another mech, lots of great details like the armor around the ankle joints.

Between the name and the hands, I keep picturing this thing stomping around throwing adorably useless uppercuts.  SHORYUKEN oh no I broke off the guns again

On 12/16/2018 at 9:53 PM, Hollander said:

This is really a great MOC! I am mostly into spacecraft, but I have a lot of admiration for people who can build mech's like these! You clearly wanted to make this thing as smooth as possible, since I can't find a stud anywhere except from the one on the 3x3 disc bricks on its shoulders. :laugh: Besides that I like the color scheme; I think dark and light gray, in combination with the dark sand yellow work wonderfully together. 

Haha Thanks! Yeah I probably need to loosen up and let some studs show.  Once I started trying to reduce them, I figured why not go all the way? :)

14 hours ago, Space Police XVIII said:

This is a really nice build.  I saved it for reference for when I build another mech, lots of great details like the armor around the ankle joints.

Between the name and the hands, I keep picturing this thing stomping around throwing adorably useless uppercuts.  SHORYUKEN oh no I broke off the guns again

Absolutely, the hands on this mech are a ridiculously small size...  I've tried many times to imagine a useful scenario for them, but always fail. :)

11 hours ago, Kevin Hansen said:

Haha Thanks! Yeah I probably need to loosen up and let some studs show.  Once I started trying to reduce them, I figured why not go all the way? :)

Well that is up to you of course! I personally like a mixture of smoothness and studs, but if you want to make it entirely studless you should do as you like. Its your creation after all. 

I have yet to build your stormy, built your Uzzie & Planning King Crab once all the parts get here.

you inspired me to get into digital modeling builds, and test fitting prior to ordering pieces.

Will post images of modified storm Crow build shortly, just on the ipad right now…

Love your stuff! Inspired me to reconnect with my Battletech table top days, and inspired me to build modern MechWarrior & HBS Battletech version of the Ryoken.

Here is a mecabricks screen shot. I borrowed a few elements such as the MLs from your Ryoken build, scaled down some of the LRMs from your King Crab, and the pelvis from your Uziel (thank you).

I have this built in the 'real' but need to setup a little studio to take some decent shots...soon I hope.

Stands up on its own and is possible. Scaled around the canopy piece and SRM 6s...fits a mini fig pilot.

If anyone has some tips on best way to pull some instructions togther I would love to learn the process and get this one out to the community.

1845003140_Ryoken-Stromcrowscreen.thumb.jpg.52d1fb6480b78c24d1baec48c78fac43.jpg

Edited by Canuck33