Sign in to follow this  
jamzee

Harry Potter Hogwarts Express 75955 - easy to add Power Functions!

Hi friends,

Thank you for stopping by, I've detailed how easy it is to add Power Functions to Harry Potter Hogwarts Express 75955 on LEGO's website, please feel free to stop by the 'reviews' of the set for my tips and the parts needed, includes a quick video too :)

I worked this out myself so hope you enjoy!!

Jaimzee

Edited by jamzee

No problem, but it may help seeing the associated images which also have tips, here is how to do it...

I'm pleased to say it is really easy, here are the Power Functions parts required:

- Battery box (88000 batteries, or 8878+45517 for mains power although please double-check country equivalent if not UK)
- 8884 IR Receiver
- 88002 Train Motor
- 8879 Controller
- 8870 lights + 4 Pick A Brick parts for the lights (optional!)
- Track!
Simply remove the wheel base from the engine tender, the black plate top of it and the fireplace from the engine.
The train motor becomes the base of the tender as shown. Re-add the 4 dark grey 2x1 bricks from the tender to the base to act as supports for the rest of the tender assembly. Also add the engine and passenger car couplings to the train motor. Place your battery box in the tender and the IR Receiver in the engine cab.
For the power, connect your IR Receiver to your battery box. Your IR Receiver has 2 ports, add the train motor's plug to one and the optional lights to the other.
You're good to go!

Those exclamation marks ...

Jaimzee

45-54 years old

45-54 years old. Building Experience: Expert LEGO builder.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Hogwarts-Express-75955

Edit:

Stoked to see that you guys are allowed to buy 5 of those sets, while us Germans have to be happy with just one. My 2nd order was cancelled. Now I'm even more pissed about the loss of my 5€ PayPal voucher that went poof because of that cancellation. Great, just great.

Edited by 3797

Personally I'm surprised that many people motorized the tender. Sure, it's probably the easiest way but I don't think that it looks very good.

Here's my current (not final) way as a reference although I plan to use powered up parts in the future so that I don't need extra space for the IR receiver. The M-Motor is in the cabine.

DVCI0733.JPG

My good friend who also joined the forum got this train as his Christmas present and wants to add power functions, it's such a beauty! :)