JECook1997

Instructions from the Getting Started With LEGO Trains book

Hello everybody

Does anyone here have the book 'Getting Started with LEGO Trains' by Jacob Mckee from 2003? If so, Would they be able to post a PDF of the instructions and parts list for the reefer boxcar? I've seen pictures of it and would love to build one myself but paying $60 for the book is a no go.

Also, if the other instructions were posted this thread could be a good reference for anyone else who would like to build the other models from the book. 

Thanks in advance

You might check your local libraries.  I know our local library system has a sharing option with local systems so if they don't have the book they may be able to get it? 

5 hours ago, JECook1997 said:

Hello everybody

Does anyone here have the book 'Getting Started with LEGO Trains' by Jacob Mckee from 2003? If so, Would they be able to post a PDF of the instructions and parts list for the reefer boxcar? I've seen pictures of it and would love to build one myself but paying $60 for the book is a no go.

Also, if the other instructions were posted this thread could be a good reference for anyone else who would like to build the other models from the book. 

Thanks in advance

Im not sure where you are getting $60 from. Its on amazon for less than $25

Also this is not a very hard model to recreate. Maybe open up LDD or Studio and have a crack at creating it for yourself!

You could try worldcat to locate a physical copy of the book at a library, or perhaps someone in a local lug might have a copy. Though I would agree with an earlier post that it should be easy enough to reverse engineer your own version.