Robert8

Chinese New Year’s sets -2019

So, three minifigures presumably from another regional exclusive for China have leaked, and one of them includes a Bright Red recolor of TLNM Jay's scarf piece.

Red Baron Pizza mascot anyone? :thumbup: :laugh:

8a3a2ef682f0ee6a2da8735265cfa1ea.jpg

My local Lego store manager told me the company has stated they will not be doing regional sets anymore due to the fiasco of the Chinese sets.  I would expect any set that is "regional" will hit all stores.  We will see if this holds true though, just because Lego told him that I would not necessarily believe him.  I know that certain places, like Marina Bay Sands, can have exclusive sets with TLG though.

LEGO indeed had stated that those regional sets wouldn't happen anymore, and the Dragon Boat Race set did become available outside of just Asia/Oceania after a few months.

The sets might still launch in China/Asia/Oceania first, but will eventually come to US/Europe.

https://brickset.com/article/43442/lego-pledges-to-stop-launching-regional-exclusives

Because of this feedback and concerns from you, our dedicated and most loyal fans, we have decided that regional exclusives launched after May 1, 2019 will become widely available via LEGO Brand Retail stores and LEGO Shop at Home after a limited period of time (3-6 months) of the initial launch.

Of course not to be confused with "Limited Availability" sets

In the following areas we will still be launching products, which will have a certain limitation to availability and production runs:

• Pilot projects, such as Forma, to check out markets and opportunities without being able to make them widely available.
  • Gift With Purchase campaigns through LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO Brand Retail.
  • Products only sold in certain experiences (for example LEGOLAND, LEGO House & LEGO Brand Retail stores).
  • Special Event Sets (Comic Cons, LEGO Inside Tour).
Edited by TeriXeri