Sign in to follow this  
Captain Roger

Pirate Ships

I have Skull's Eye Schooner because is my favourite pirate ship. the design is cool (i don't like the design of Black Seas Barracuda because colours are very visible and pirate ships musn't be visible, because if they are visibles, they can't stole in other boats and soldiers can captured them easily) and Red Beard Runner has only 3 cannons. But the problem is that skull's eye schooner's cannons can't fire correctly. Can somebody tell me about Black seas barracuda's cannons can fire better that skull's eye schooner?

thanks

As far as I'm aware they fire just the same...

I think he means the cannon systems. As far as I'm aware, the SES system works much better than the BSB one; it's less realistic but allows a 4-gun broadside rather than just 2. The BSB system is also very cramped (and so realistic), which means the guns are difficult to fire - the cannonballs don't slide down the muzzels well. the BSB also stores its shot loose, whereas the SES stacks it, meaning it is more difficult ot access and gets thrown around in battle (realistic but annoying IMHO). ;-)

i have skull's eye schooner because is my favourite pirate ship. the design is cool (i don't like the design of black seas barracuda because colours are very visible and pirate ships musn't be visible, because if they are visibles, they can't stole in other boats and soldiers can captured them easily) and Red Beard Runner has only 3 cannons. But the problem is that skull's eye schooner's cannons can't fire correctly. Can somebody tell me about Black seas barracuda's cannons can fire better that skull's eye schooner?

thanks

Soldiers can capture them easily... You say that like it's a bad thing. X-D I like those red and white sails... let's my men know where to aim the cannons. I've never had or seen the RBR though I'll blow it out of the water just as I do the BSB when my Imperial Flagship and Carribean Clipper gang up on her. X-D

don't talk about realism as in what was used in that time. Because if you talk about color that aint good, you automaticly go to realism in total model. Then you will end up with small, agile and fast ships which were used in those times. Those didn't even had cannons most of the time aswell. So I wonder why you complain about it...

Soldiers can capture them easily... You say that like it's a bad thing. X-D I like those red and white sails... let's my men know where to aim the cannons. I've never had or seen the RBR though I'll blow it out of the water just as I do the BSB when my Imperial Flagship and Carribean Clipper gang up on her. X-D

HARRRR yes, release the fleet on those pesky pirates! Err wait i'm a pirate meself..

Edited by Captain green hair

What be the name of your ship Col. Whipstick?

How many IF's and CC's have ya got Mr. Whipstick?

Isn't a dipstick the device used to measure the amount of oil in a car?

Right you are Mr. Phes *y*

P

And they look like this...

dipstickM.jpg

This IS a whipstick...

whipstick_tiller.jpg

So quite a noticeable difference there and any seafaring lad shouldn't confuse the two...

Yeah I dont think that manned ships were used as decoys often (at least with pirates)

because 1 its risky and 2 not many pirates had more than one ship. :-)

only demo ships are traps/decoys, so fill a ship with barrels and ramm another ship and... BOOOOOM!!!!! ^_^

Fill the those barrels with some gunpowder for that extra bang! X-D