mocbuild101

Bricky Bird (Android game) - Flappy Bird meets Lego!

Yes, it's finally happened! And I'm surprised no one has done it before, especially considering how many Flappy Bird clones have been made... :wacko:

If you only want to download the game, click the image below, otherwise just keep reading... :wink:

DOWNLOAD

I've been wanting a Lego version of Flappy Bird ever since I found out about it, I hadn't planing on making it myself, but after I started learning Unity (after trying GDevelop), I decided I needed a nice simple project to get started with, and that I could easily finish (unlike my previous Miniform game, which I have put on hold for now). It was then that I remembered about my "Bricky Bird" idea, so I searched for a simple tutorial to have as a guide (this one), and once I understood that, I got to work...

That was 2 weeks ago...

Now, it's almost finished* - I've recreated all the main stuff from the original game in Lego using MLCad, written all the code from scratch, and edited all the images pixel by pixel...

But anyway, enough talking, time to show you the game! (and it's nowhere near as bad as my last game :sweet:)

Screenshots:

BrickyBird%20ScreenShot%20-%201.PNG

More screenshots in spoiler below:

Spoiler

BrickyBird%20ScreenShot%20-%202.PNG

BrickyBird%20ScreenShot%20-%203.PNG

BrickyBird%20ScreenShot%20-%204.PNG

I have so far only made this game for Android, as it's much better suited for a touchscreen. You can download the ZIP file (which contains the APK file) by clicking the link below or the image at the top of the page.

Download - Current version (0.8.4): https://bricksafe.com/files/mocbuild101/my-games/bricky-bird/Bricky Bird v0.8.4 (Beta1).apk.zip

Software used:

• MLCad - for making the models.
  • GIMP - for editing all the images.
  • Unity (free) - the main game engine.

Additional features added: (not in the original game)

• Parallax scrolling (google it if you don't know what it is :wink:)

*I will hopefully be adding some more extra features of my own soon, to make it less of a clone, and more my own game.

That's all for now, go play the game! - and don't forget to comment if you like it! :sweet:

13 hours ago, JopieK said:

Now the iOS version ;)

I wish I could, especially considering Unity can, but I'd need a Mac and a iPhone for that - both of which I don't have... :sceptic: